***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,179 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
AgDev01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Is there any chance that that is not arya? That is the waif posing as Arya with her face? It would make sense when Jaquen says that she is now truly no one.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but it's stuck in my head.
No.
redline248
AG
Super crackpot. Did y'all not learn anything from the nonsense theories during the week after Arya was stabbed?
BallerStaf2003
AG
I know I know. Just had to get slapped back into reality. Thanks.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow. The battle of the *******s must have really had you wrecked than?

I'm sorry about your mother.

I was more torn up last night at the TOJ with Lyanna begging Ned. My mother was murdered while she was on the phone with 911. They have her recorded begging for her life before she was shot by my father.

This makes me so sad...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The only thing I didn't really like (though I realize it's a plot device to quicken his reentry to importance) was the Grand Maester's Administrator giving Sam full access to the library.

"I don't know who you really are, but while you wait, how about you peruse our vast collection of priceless scrolls and literature. I doubt this will help you."

It was just a very weird segue. I would have expected him to say wait here and Sam be given the brush off for a few days - not given access to the most famous repository of knowledge in Westeros.
InternetFan02
AG
What if Daddy Tarly informed the Citadel ahead of time that his son would be arriving soon with a big ****ing sword and instructed them to keep him occupied until someone arrives to get his sword back? I don't know. I don't get how Sam is able to casually travel to the Citadel with no repercussions after taking the sword. We are told Tarly is one of the great military leaders in the world and he lets this happen?

Would like to see that resolved or explained early next season.

Another Tarly question - with the new Dorne/Tyrell/Targaryen alliance does that give Dany enough of an Army already established in Westoros to accompany her dragons? Say if the Dothraki and unsullied are lost at sea and only the dragons make it, can Dany just lead the Tyrell and Dornish bannermen to kings landing?
Post removed:
by user
smokeythebear
AG
Well he did have the letter from The Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Maybe the guy figured that was good enough. Or heck, maybe it is just a run-of-the-mill public library. Didn't look like you could check out the books tho.
Teddy Perkins
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow. The battle of the *******s must have really had you wrecked than?

I'm sorry about your mother.

I was more torn up last night at the TOJ with Lyanna begging Ned. My mother was murdered while she was on the phone with 911. They have her recorded begging for her life before she was shot by my father.

That's awful. I hope you've found peace.
MW03
AG
Any thoughts on what's next for Melisandra?
AgDev01
AG
My guess is she meets up with the brotherhood without banners.
pb488
AG
quote:
Argh...Im a idoit.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Any thoughts on what's next for Melisandra?

quote:
I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes... eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again.

BallerStaf2003
AG
Damn man. Just so sad for you. I hope you're doing well now.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Frey pie has as much chance of happening as Ilyn Payne being on the show again, imo.
Oops
JJxvi
AG
quote:
I don't know. I don't get how Sam is able to casually travel to the Citadel with no repercussions after taking the sword. We are told Tarly is one of the great military leaders in the world and he lets this happen?

Tarly does what the script tells him to. He'll probably accept a grandma with no heirs as his leigelord too.
PMD03
AG
quote:
quote:
Baller Staf is right. They made Loras a pansy ass in the show just for social commentary reasons. He is way more of a badass in the books.

I need to re-read the books. I'm not saying that Loras was a pansy in the books but he definitely was not some badass. He was an astounding swordsman but vain

Loras is definitely a badass in the books.

quote:
He would give half his teeth for the chance to try his axe against the Kingslayer or the Knight of Flowers. That was the sort of battle that he understood. AFFC 30
Even Victarion, a guy who is so badass he fights sea battles in heavy plate and a greataxe, wishes that he had a chance to go against some of the best fighters of the main land, such as the Kingslayer or Knight of Flowers.
BowSowy
AG
Oh, there goes gravity
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh, there goes the Rat King, he choked
Humorous Username
AG
Thanks. I'm good.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
This season has been so good that no other tv is going to be able to compare for the next 42 weeks.
bangobango
AG
quote:
Crackpot theory here:

I saw on Reddit that reminded us that Arya said "my lord" in a high borne tongue when speaking to Tywin Lannister. He scolded her and she said "m'lord" thereafter.

When serving Frey, she still used the high born "my lord".... This fact continues to stick with me.

Is there any chance that that is not arya? That is the waif posing as Arya with her face? It would make sense when Jaquen says that she is now truly no one.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but it's stuck in my head.

No no no no no no no.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Frey pie has as much chance of happening as Ilyn Payne being on the show again, imo.
Oops

Haha, like I said after the episode. Arya's scene was the only thing I didn't predict happening.
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oops

Haha, like I said after the episode. Arya's scene was the only thing I didn't predict happening.

You predicted Tommen suicide and King in the North? I want to see proof of this.
redline248
AG
Not on this thread, so I can't prove it. But watching the show I told my mom Tommen was going to kill himself after the explosion, and when little Mormont started talking I figured that was coming, too.

I had no clue Arya was going to show up
boboguitar
AG
"If he commands you to kill children, your lord is evil" - Ser Davos

Interesting line there, would anyone disagree with this statement?
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:

annie88
AG
quote:
This was the one thing I did expect, well that an Jon's parentage. I thought the Arya going after Walder was pretty easy to see coming. When the 'girl' smiled at Jamie, I knew it was her and she'd kill him and glad she did. He was a **** and deserved it. Didn't see the finger pie coming, though.

I got to finally watch last night so avoided thread yesterday.

I was wrong about Cersi killing Tommen, however technically he died indirectly because of her actions, but it was not deliberate. What a weak kid. Good riddance. Maybe Cersi will get pregnant again.

Sorry to see Margery and bro go, that was a bummer.

Glad confess beotch is getting hers and only wish the sparrow group had suffered more. But still satisfying to see them go.

Not sure if Jamie is pissed that Cersi is Queen or not, he had a weird look there. Of course his love declarations for her lead me to believe he'll never go against her.

I do wish Arya had made it back to Winterfell, though. Poor girl hasn't seen Sansa or Jon in years.

Curious about the fates of Brianne, Pod and the Hound as well.

Thought Danerys boyfriend would stow away on a boat rather than stay in Meereen.

I hope Davos gets to eventually kill Mellasandra. Evil beotch.

Looking forward to next season.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:

I mean...

quote:
"Samuel also said to Saul, "The Lord sent me to anoint you king over His people, over Israel. Now therefore, heed the voice of the words of the Lord. 2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm mad at myself for just now coming over to this thread. I'm a non-book reader but I haven't seen nearly as much comparison to the books as I expected and the stuff I have seen wouldn't have taken away from the show. The quality of posts and theories over here is so much better. Carry on.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
I'm mad at myself for just now coming over to this thread. I'm a non-book reader but I haven't seen nearly as much comparison to the books as I expected and the stuff I have seen wouldn't have taken away from the show. The quality of posts and theories over here is so much better. Carry on.

If you really want to delve into analysis and theories, I'd suggest going here.
marble rye
AG
Nm.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
This was the one thing I did expect, well that an Jon's parentage. I thought the Arya going after Walder was pretty easy to see coming. When the 'girl' smiled at Jamie, I knew it was her and she'd kill him and glad she did. He was a **** and deserved it. Didn't see the finger pie coming, though.

I got to finally watch last night so avoided thread yesterday.

I was wrong about Cersi killing Tommen, however technically he died indirectly because of her actions, but it was not deliberate. What a weak kid. Good riddance. Maybe Cersi will get pregnant again.

Dafuq?
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Nm.
bangobango
AG
Guess it's too much to ask to not devolve this thread into an argument about Christianity?
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.