***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,369 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For Cersei, I think the easiest way to remove someone from the equation is to have them killed. Maybe Cersei wanted Pycelle dead too, but rather than die at the Sept with everyone else, Qyburn decided to take care of it. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

It's interesting that the show decided to give Varys's lines before killing Kevan to Qyburn.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
If you're "nitpicking" this, then somebody should kick you in the nutts. And yes, that includes Varys on the Dany's ship.

Well it's a good thing I don't have "nutts" and I will nitpick, because when you have as huge of a budget as this show does--with over a year of filming/writing/editing, you can absolutely find a way to balance and manage storylines better. Sorry that I hold this show to such a high standard... That when the show ended, and my friends and I were sitting around coming up with better ways to manage said timelines... There's no excuse. And to be fair, I haven't once complained about the storyline stuff as others have all season--but in the finale, it was glaring. You're telling me we're supposed to be ok with Varys going from Dorne to Meereen in less than 20 minutes (or meeting them in the middle... Or Dany meeting them at Dorne, whatever)... But it took Sam all damn season to get from the Wall to Old Town? This isn't a complaint about the finale... It was absolutely one of the best episodes of the series... I'm complaining about the season as a whole, now that we can look back and see how the entire puzzle fits. But sure, go ahead and want to kick me in my said "nutts" for wanting higher standards. I blame that on GRRM, honestly.
It's the greatest episode in what may be the greatest television series ever.

It's like A&M winning a national championship and *****ing about the score afterwards, in my opinion.

And the travel stuff is just soooo hashed out already it's just getting tiresome. Did I comment on Vary's being on the boat while I was watching? Yes. Did it deter my enjoyment of the show one iota? Nope. I just said, "well, who knows how much time has passed from him meeting in Dorne until now?" Bam - dismissed from my mind and now I can talk about an d focus on things in the show that actually matter.

Hell, I'm more worried about where the hell the dragons are going to land to rest during this trip across the ocean than I am the timelines for travel.
BigAggie06
AG
Ok so ... Has it been discussed how utterly ****ed Cersi is?

She has an alliance of Ollena Tyrell, Sand Snakes, The Iron Islands, and Khaleesi with the entire ****ing Dothraki nation on top of 3 dragons coming at here in all their estrogen driven fury.

if it weren't for the dragons I'd say Tyell was the scariest of them all.
Buck O Five
AG

Cersei dressed in black at the open, her expression apprehensive the day of her trial. Then the show reveals her apprehension is not for her own fate, but for what she is about to do. The black dress is again appropriate when she mourns the loss of her son. Did she know her son would kill himself? Was she dressing for her own coronation?

Did anyone think it looked like the fabric had scales on it? Symbolism towards the mad Targeryen king who was going to burn King's Landing from underneath just as she did.
bangobango
AG
quote:
This episode proves it doesn't matter if he is a *******, he is a Targ and they will follow him.

My prediction:

Bran comes in and tells the story. People are suspicious, but John will Lead a battle against Dany. She will land Drogon right in front of him, blast him with fire. All that will be there is a naked alive John and a flaming valirian sword. Battle ends and John and Dany are united.
I think something like this has to happen if we are actually going to see Jon on a Dragon.

There has to be some impetus for him to learn that he can ride/tame them. I doubt they all sit around and say "hey, you are a Targ, go see if you can get on that dragon's back without him eating you alive."

For purely dramatic reasons I think you will see some type of confrontation between Jon and Dany. I think the sides will resolve each other before completely destroying each other, but during that confrontation, if the "three riders" theory is true, you will see something happen where Jon comes face to face with one or all of the dragons and at that time his mastery over them will be discovered and revealed.

I have a feeling that there will be a classic miscommunication or faulty assumptions that lead to the conflict between Dany and Jon, that will hopefully be resolved by somebody like Tyrion before they destroy each other in combat.
bangobango
AG
quote:

Cersei dressed in black at the open, her expression apprehensive the day of her trial. Then the show reveals her apprehension is not for her own fate, but for what she is about to do. The black dress is again appropriate when she mourns the loss of her son.

Did anyone think it looked like the fabric had scales on it? Symbolism towards the mad Targeryen king who was going to burn King's Landing from underneath just as she did.

They made it seem like she was dressing in her "armor" to go do battle. I think the obvious symbolism of it is that she is now the classic "Evil Queen".

She was quite a bit more nutters in the books than she has been in the show. Books spend a lot of time talking about how she fantasized about being a man and sitting on the Iron Throne. I think now that all her children are dead she's obviously snapped and is going to really embrace/relish the idea of the being the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Which means that she will refuse any offers of surrender from Dany, even if it is obvious that any opposition will be easily crushed.

The Cersei, Qyburn, Mountain triumphant will be the main bad guys at least for a little while early next season. It will be interesting to see which way Jaime goes. You could tell Frey's comparison of him to Jaime and how they're not much different really hit home for Jaime and made him realize how terrible his legacy/life is. He's either going to go all in with Cersei and become a bad guy, or he is going to end up opposing her and stopping her from doing something terrible (like burning all of KL.

At some point, though, they're going to have to be a showdown with the Mountain and somebody, and I don't think it will be the Hound. Kind of leaning towards Arya offing him at this point. I am curious if they're going to reinforce Cersei's power base so that she offers some opposition to Dany, maybe pitting Jaime as a general against Tyrion, or if they're going to go the "burn it all" route with her. We should get some interesting parlay scenes between Jaime, Cersei, and Tyrion next season, as well.
Fenrir
I believe that her attire was not identical from the scene when the Sept blew up and her coronation. Her shoulder decorations were different if I recall.
CapCityAg89
AG
It stuns me how linear people think. The individual stories are sequential. The saga is not. You jump forward and backward in time every time you switch points of view. That is true in the books and absolutely true on the show. There is no way something on this scale could work if all the stories were concurrent.
CapCityAg89
AG
Put another way, it took months to coordinate the logistics of a thousand ships and a hundred thousand Dothrakis and their horses. You don't think that's time for a single man to sail to and from Dorne? Even if it's a two week sail both ways, that's tons and time left. How much coverage should the story give to the quartermaster gathering grain for 100,000 horses?
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
I believe that her attire was not identical from the scene when the Sept blew up and her coronation. Her shoulder decorations were different if I recall.

She lost her last child. Cercei will wear black in every remaining scene I'd guess.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:

She lost her last child. Cercei will wear black in every remaining scene I'd guess.
It definitely came across to me more like she was dressing for a funeral.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
The music during the King's Landing segment was obviously fantastic, but this was amazing as well. That transition from the baby to Jon's face, and the Stark theme swells. Just fantastic.

When she was whispering in Ned's ear my first thought was around those *******s are going to leave us with a tease that doesn't reveal much . Then they hit you with this score to one of the biggest confirmations in the series. Absolutely brilliant.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
It stuns me how linear people think. The individual stories are sequential. The saga is not. You jump forward and backward in time every time you switch points of view. That is true in the books and absolutely true on the show. There is no way something on this scale could work if all the stories were concurrent.

Yep it's like this:

Dany scene, North Scene, KL scene
Dany scene, North Scene, KL scene
Dany scene, North Scene, KL scene, Dorne scene, Citadel scene

But those are not necessarily happening at the same time!!!! In other words time for each is linear - but despite showing them parallel they are not necessarily parallel to each other.

The only thing that has to happen is if someone (Varys) travels from Dany scene to Dorne scene back to Dany scene then you just know the Dorne scene was BETWEEN the 2 Dany scenes but you have no idea how much time has passed.

And just because the North scene or the KL scenes after that may be short timeframes means NOTHING in context of the last Dany scene with Varys there. It could be a month later.

They just show them consecutively as needed.

It could have been like this

For example Arya could have left Braavos MONTHS ago. It doesn't mean she left 2 days ago because 2 days transpired in some other storyline. Arya's story was told over the entire season though - for DRAMATIC purposes.

If told strictly in fully linear and concurrent timelines she might have had all of her story in episodes 1 and 2 and then disappeared (while travelling long distances) until the last part of episode 10. That would be dumb from a storytelling narrative. They want to keep her story alive every 2 episodes or so, sometimes more often.

Fenrir
quote:
quote:

Just thought I'd point that out since I thought I read some posts where people were arguing the passage of time based on Cersei's clothing not changing.
BowSowy
AG
The gripe about fast travel has to be a troll at this point, right? I mean I refuse to believe that anyone is unable to grasp this idea.
redline248
AG
I predict that if/when Jon rides a dragon, it will be Rhaegal
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just thought I'd point that out since I thought I read some posts where people were arguing the passage of time based on Cersei's clothing not changing.

Yeah. Rereading my post, I wasn't clear. I was trying to add more to your thought. I agree with you.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
I have a feeling that there will be a classic miscommunication or faulty assumptions that lead to the conflict between Dany and Jon, that will hopefully be resolved by somebody like Tyrion before they destroy each other in combat.
So, basically like an episode of Three's Company?
Joseph Parrish
AG
So will the two smaller dragons be able to reach full size now that they aren't in captivity? Or will they always be smaller?
AgLaw
AG
quote:
The Cersei, Qyburn, Mountain triumphant will be the main bad guys at least for a little while early next season.
If they are really going to break the next thirteen episodes into two seasons, I could see your scenario being the primary conflict of the first season, ending with Dany defeating Cersei. The second season will be about the war with the WW.
bangobango
AG
quote:
So will the two smaller dragons be able to reach full size now that they aren't in captivity? Or will they always be smaller?
I think they'll always be smaller than Drogon, but I think that's as much because Drogon is supposed to be the "alpha" dragon as anything else.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
I think they'll always be smaller than Drogon, but I think that's as much because Drogon is supposed to be the "alpha" dragon as anything else.
Drogon will always be bigger because he was never chained in captivity. They mentioned in the books and shows about how Dragons began decreasing in size as men chained them for sport and spectacle. They need to be free to grow to full size.
PatAg
AG
You are being dense for assuming every storyline is happening at the same time, in real time as we watch it.

Not calling you stupid, sorry.
AtlAg05
AG
GRRM is screwed.

Since he's taken his sweet time writing, his reveal of R + L = J in the book will fall flat. I cannot think of a way for him to do it now anywhere near the impact of the show.

This is going to happen a lot more and I'm sure he's worried his books will not be as good as the show. Sure he has the fates of certain characters that don't exist on the show. But that isn't going make or break the overall story.

At this point I wouldn't blame him for not finishing the books.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Drogon will always be bigger because he was never chained in captivity. They mentioned in the books and shows about how Dragons began decreasing in size as men chained them for sport and spectacle. They need to be free to grow to full size.
Yeah, but they didn't say anything about dragons that were captive and then set free.
M.C. Swag
AG
So Viserion and Rhaegon will suddenly spurt up to Drogons size?

They had been chained up for quite a while before being released. I guess you could argue they'd return to Drogons size but I think their growth potential has been stunted. Even if hey continue to grow, no way they catch up to or surpass Drogon IMO. (Either way, they'd still be just as dangerous)
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I agree that the other dragons will probably grow but aren't supposed to be as big as drogon
PatAg
AG
Except for that time he killed the first white walker and burnt the **** out of his hand doing it.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I agree that the other dragons will probably grow but aren't supposed to be as big as drogon

Drogon was also bigger when they were pups so he's naturally the biggest.

I personally think at least one of the dragons will die prematurely.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Except for that time he killed the first white walker and burnt the **** out of his hand doing it.

Why do people keep saying targeryons are immune to fire? In the book it's absolutely not even remotely true and the show, only Dany has shown to be close to it.
mavsfan4ever
AG
posted this in the show thread:

My prediction is that Samwell will somehow end up as ruler after everyone else has basically died in the game. No clue how that could happen, but I'm throwing it out there. Maybe after all the wreckage and chaos, the people change and believe that smarts/books are more important for a leader to have than power/brute strength.

what is Samwell's bloodline again? I know his dad rules something, but can't remember what. Although, if everyone basically dies, bloodlines might not matter anyways.
Roger Kint
AG
quote:
So does this mean Jon can be unburnt? Maybe an episode where he accidentally falls in fire and comes out ok...

#mindblown
I believe GRRM has stated that the unburnt thing is not a normal Targaryen thing. It's something mystical about Daenerys herself.
PatAg
AG
I also think she was making an "a" sound to start the name.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
posted this in the show thread:

My prediction is that Samwell will somehow end up as ruler after everyone else has basically died in the game. No clue how that could happen, but I'm throwing it out there. Maybe after all the wreckage and chaos, the people change and believe that smarts/books are more important for a leader to have than power/brute strength.

what is Samwell's bloodline again? I know his dad rules something, but can't remember what. Although, if everyone basically dies, bloodlines might not matter anyways.

Sam's dad is the Lord of a major house in the Reach. Like the Bolton's or Karstarks to the Starks.

It's actually one of the most militarized of the Houses.
bangobango
AG
quote:
I also think she was making an "a" sound to start the name.

But would stand to reason that the name has some form of Jon in it, right?
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.