***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,452 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone accusing Ned of being evil or dishonorable can take a ride out the moon door.
suburban cowboy
AG
quote:
NYC

https://www.professorthoms.com

That's awesome. Didn't realize you were an NYC Ag.
RDV-1992
quote:
quote:
Even if Stannis does not burn his daughter he sanctioned murdering his brother with questionable magic...
Murdering 1 man to stop a war is moral according to some philosophers...Especially since the victim was a false king (younger brother).

It might be moral. But it is not honorable.
boboguitar
AG
Jon is going to stab the red woman and lightbringer will be reborn.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:
The statement I objected to was that Ned was "the soul of honor". He's not and if you read the books you can recite a litany of better men (Selmy, Dayne, Drogo, Stannis...)

The thing that's appealing about the story is that there are no black and white hats - no heroes, no villains. GRRM has written very complex characters who are as imperfect as real people. Each one has qualities and makes choices worthy of respect or condemnation.
What?!

You claim to have read the books and THAT was your takeaway?1!

Ned Stark was written by GRRM as a 'lawfully stupid' character. By that I mean that Ned was written to exemplify what happens to 'the good guy', someone committed to upholding the law and it's virtues. Ned IS the personification of Honor in the world of Westeros. There's no denying it. This isn't up for interpretation. You're either trolling, or a dimwit.

Patchface is the insult you wanted.
nikator
AG

The interesting thing in the books is that for someone who helped trigger a major civil war by eloping with the betrothed daughter of one of the Seven most important lords of the Kingdom...everyone except Robert (and to some extent Oberyn) seems to love Rhaegar. While Robert in book one is railing against Rhaegar, Ned is not. In none of his memories does he damn Rhaegar. Cersei remembers him as a dreamboat. Barristan remembers him fondly. Jon Connington was of course in love with him.

Rhaegar wanted three kids because the Dragon has three heads...but after her second pregnancy which almost killed her Elia could not have any more kids.. Rhaegar appears to have wanted that third kidand may have fallen in love with her...she definitely had the hots for him since the tournament.

As others have noted Targs in the past have been polygamous, but it has been a while. Aegon the Conqueror married both his sisters (though it is implied that the hotter sister he loved more cheated on him). Maegor the Cruel had a bunch of wives in his attempt to get a son. Aegon the Unworthy was defacto polygamous and caused no end of trouble by legitimizing all his *******s. So while it is rare, it is very possible Rhaegar married her.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Holy ****!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
WOW!
Silvertaps
AG
Well that was a way to deal with it.
JAggie2007
AG
Sooooooooo Cersei is a terrorist now.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Bye Tommen
PatAg
AG
HOLY ****

let me just set this crown down and....
Silvertaps
AG
Whoa! Now the prophesy is almost finished!
Saxsoon
AG
Well, that happened
Saxsoon
AG
wait I didn't see Tommen die
Saxsoon
AG
Bye Felicia
Saxsoon
AG
Oh holy hell, Varys
AgLiving06
So the only thing in doubt is who Jon's father is and what his real name was...
Saxsoon
AG
Well Arya finally had a ****ing role
Silvertaps
AG
Varys have a teleport?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BEST EPISODE OF GOT.
bigbass1170
AG
What an episode
AggieSouth06
That was unbelievable. Just an incredible 2 episodes of television.
PatAg
AG
holy schnikes
boboguitar
AG
Arya Stark

Removed:09182020
AG
DA KING INDANORF!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
This director needs to direct the rest of the episodes until the show ends. These last 2 episodes have been absolutely incredible.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
Well, I agree about him maybe having another name since she didnt appear to mouth "Jon", but his father is Rhaegar Targaryen.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Holy hell. Unreal. Nearly speechless even though I anticipated a lot of it.

That was incredible. Best episode ever. Not the best battle of course but there has never been more plot action and drama.

Just freaking amazing.

I did not see Tommen coming. Or Arya. And I thought we would have some WW's.

Doesn't matter everything else was just amazing.
marble rye
AG
quote:

"...Robert will kill him, you know this Ned. Promise me."

Stated on the show. His dad is Rhaegar. Robert was killing off all Targs. Cmon now.

Best season finale yet. This episode was EXCELLENT.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

Oh come on the went straight from the infants eyes to Jons....clearly they meant that.

No question.

And Eddard shows up with a baby shortly after this....come on people.
marble rye
AG
Also, the musical score for this episode was nails.
The Dog Lord
AG
Now that was a Damn good episode. Maybe the best ever. What a great opening sequence in King's Landing. Crazy that Margeary and Tommen are gone though. Although it could a different way in the books, looks like the HS doesn't equal HR (unlikely anyway). So the younger queen that will supplant Cersei is Dany now without a doubt, no? It'll be interesting to see what Jaime does as well. I still think he is the one to kill her eventually.

Arya killing Frey is great, as were Jaime's insults. The Citadel was amazing, and Sam is always great for some comic relief.

Tyrion gets his Hand pin back! Anyone else think Daario will be the betrayal for love now that he is scorned?

The White Wolf and King in the North! Once again Lady Mormont makes it happen. I'm really not liking the continued Jon-Sansa animosity though spurred on by LF. I'm guessing she reconsiders her options with him now though.

The Queen of Thornes and the Spider will hopefully make the Sand Snakes not as annoying. Lady Olenna especially does a great job of that.

R+L=J confirmation finally! I don't something like that can be different in the books (not that I gave the alternatively theories much weight to begin with). Still TBD how the others will find out about it. It may not matter that much with Jon's current trajectory and if he starts fulfilling prophecy. I am bummed that there was nothing about the crypts though.

My only two things which I'm sure people have already mentioned and will mention again:
1.) Varys back to Meereen in the same episode?
2.) Come on HBO, there's enough money to give us Ghost sitting beside Jon at the moment that he is named the White Wolf and hailed King.
redbaron788
AG
As soon as they showed Tommen after the sept I thought he would do it right then. But the extra scene with Unella before and the condolences from the random dude and the offscreen bit made it so much better.
AgLaw
AG
Early speculation is that Lyanna said "His name is Aerys Targaryen."
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.