***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,565 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I realize the show has had people travel really far distances in really short periods of time. But I can't see Jaime being at the Twins (shown prominently with Frey in the previews for this week) AND Kings Landing in the same episode.

Only Littleringer can pull that kind of travel off with his secret, underground hyper loop.
People really need to get off this line. Each episode is not a single day, and the elapsed time between episodes is not a constant week or month either.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I realize the show has had people travel really far distances in really short periods of time. But I can't see Jaime being at the Twins (shown prominently with Frey in the previews for this week) AND Kings Landing in the same episode.

Only Littleringer can pull that kind of travel off with his secret, underground hyper loop.
People really need to get off this line. Each episode is not a single day, and the elapsed time between episodes is not a constant week or month either.

And the different plots that are in an episode aren't always happening parallel at the same time
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
And the different plots that are in an episode aren't always happening parallel at the same time

This
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
If cercei burns the city, I'm thinking it will be episode 1 of next season
When has anything of consequence happened in an episode 1 of a season?
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:

Ok, maybe episode 2? When did jon wake up? My point is it's probably not happening this season. I suppose it could, I just think it's more likely next season.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Season 6
-Sand Snakes take over
-Reveal of the Red Woman actually being the red great great granny.

Season 5
-M**** the Frog tells the future.

Season 4
-Arya crosses of Polliver and gets needle back
-Ice gets melted down

Season 3
-Attempt on Dany's life & Ser Barristan pledges himself to her

Season 2
-Attempt on the Red Woman's life

Season 1
- A whole lot of ****
smokeythebear
AG
Well yea, Season 1 obviously had a pretty significant first episode, but I stand with the other dude, no way something huge like killing off dozens of characters will happen in the FIRST episode of a season. That's the kind of thing that happens at the END of seasons.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, meant put a winky face. I was totally being sarcastic.

Though come on, we all know you're holding back in telling us about Littlefinger's magical powers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Precisely. All episode 1's have been setup material without exception.

1906, nothing you listed were really big, game-changing events. That is my main point.

I guess the closest would be the Sand Snakes taking over Dorne, but that was mainly wrapping up a storyline that they [seemingly] were getting rid of.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So I was listening to a podcast yesterday, and they mentioned that when the cavalry was charging at Jon and he pulled out his sword, they thought his sword might burst into flames.

Question - Would that have been cheesy or ****ing awesome? The sword explodes into flames and the horses scatter around his flaming sword.
annie88
AG
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
So I was listening to a podcast yesterday, and they mentioned that when the cavalry was charging at Jon and he pulled out his sword, they thought his sword might burst into flames.

Question - Would that have been cheesy or ****ing awesome? The sword explodes into flames and the horses scatter around his flaming sword.
Super lame.

At least Beric had to cover his sword in blood and then dip it into the fire for it to burst into flames. Gotta keep these things believable!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

I would have found it cheesy. Why would it have spontaneously burst into flames? It might have looked cool but there wouldn't really be any explanation as to why it happened.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If the LOL can resurrect people, he can sure as hell set a sword on fire.
OnlyForNow
AG
I was thinking that Mel would have potentially been rubbing oil or something all over his sword while Jon slept; then when he unsheated it, it sparked against part of his armor and FLAME ON!

a little more believeable.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

true but the LOL so far seems to only act when summoned - resurrection, visions in flames, smoke monster, etc.

Seems like more passive and hands off management style.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

Not saying he can't. Just saying if they did go that route there would be a ton of questions that would need answering
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
I was thinking that Mel would have potentially been rubbing oil or something all over his sword while Jon slept; then when he unsheated it, it sparked against part of his armor and FLAME ON!

a little more believeable.
Wouldn't surprise me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is true. It probably would've been seen as cheesy/lame in retrospect. But I'll be honest, I would've been giddy in the moment if that happened.

Now, is there any reason to think the LOL would be protecting Azor Ahai/Prince That Was Promised when they're in situations of danger? Or if they get killed (for good), would that role simply pass to someone else?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
I was thinking that Mel would have potentially been rubbing oil or something all over his sword while Jon slept

Jon must be a heavy sleeper.
OnlyForNow
AG
I see what you did there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw this on reddit. Figured it was worth posting, as a reminder.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
This is true. It probably would've been seen as cheesy/lame in retrospect. But I'll be honest, I would've been giddy in the moment if that happened.

Now, is there any reason to think the LOL would be protecting Azor Ahai/Prince That Was Promised when they're in situations of danger? Or if they get killed (for good), would that role simply pass to someone else?

If he is protecting people he later resurrects he is doing a damn sure piss poor job of it.

Beric Dondarrion has been raised several times - how about you intervene and stop them from being killed if you want to protect them since as Beric says he loses a bit of himself every time.

Like I said he seems much more passive -acting when called upon only, if even then.

Seems rather hit and miss - like a convenient plot point used when needed.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:

I'll cast my vote for awesome, but really it would need to be explained before just doing something like that. If Jon wasn't expecting it or didn't know about it, I doubt he would have just acted like it was no big deal.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll cast my vote for awesome, but really it would need to be explained before just doing something like that. If Jon wasn't expecting it or didn't know about it, I doubt he would have just acted like it was no big deal.
Lol, I just pictured a Family Guy spoof of the scene in which Peter pulls out the flaming sword and then looks at it and goes "OH GOD!", instinctively drops it on the ground, and then spends 5 minutes trying to stamp out the flames that begin lighting the ground on fire.
McInnis 03
AG
If the sword were on fire then that would cement Jon being the reborn Azor Ahai (sp?) with Lightbringer and would have been way too big a giveaway.
bangobango
AG
I'm still not convinced Jon is Azor Ahai. How much have they even discussed that in the tv show?

I think I'm about 33% it's Jon, 33% it's Dany, and 34% it's both of them together.
Check out this guy's podcasts and his theories about who AA is. Pretty interesting. Long, but interesting.

http://lucifermeanslightbringer.podomatic.com/
nikator
AG
This was posted before Season 5 but is thorough

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Alt shift x has some great videos on everything
FightinTexasAg15
AG
What does everyone hope to see as the final scene for this season? What would be the best thing to end on?
Clavell
AG
Not sure would follow Jon Snow into his next battle. He sucks as a battle commander. Guy hasn't been right since he died, but I guess who is?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Not sure would follow Jon Snow into his next battle. He sucks as a battle commander. Guy hasn't been right since he died, but I guess who is?
He did pretty good defending the wall.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
What does everyone hope to see as the final scene for this season? What would be the best thing to end on?

I'm not sure it's what I hope for it to end on. But I expect it to end on something more dramatic setting the stage for the next season. It has not typically ended on cliffhangers like jons death. Usually it was more like Mysha. Or birth of the dragons. I expect it to end with Dany again. Setting sail to Westeros with her massive army and dragons.

Season 1 - Dany and her dragons emerge from the fire
Season 2 - WW army marching to the NW camp
Season 3 - Dany walks into the welcoming crowd outside Yunkai greeting her as mysha
Season 4 - Arya boards a ship for Braavos
Season 5 - Jons death
Season 6 - tbd

gougler08
AG
I could see any of the following and actually be pretty happy with any of them:

- Dany setting sail to Westeros
- White Walkers marching on the Wall / Arriving at the Wall
- R + L = J
First Page Last Page
Page 163 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.