***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,263 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
but The Walking Dead is how you end a season.

Now we know he's trolling
Nope not trolling. If you guys didn't see Lucille, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't even matter if you do or don't like the show. You can hate the show or the series, but that ending was intense. But back to the point of this thread. I'm just really hoping GOT doesn't drop the ball on next week's episode.
Boiling Denim
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope not trolling. If you guys didn't see Lucille, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't even matter if you do or don't like the show. You can hate the show or the series, but that ending was intense. But back to the point of this thread. I'm just really hoping GOT doesn't drop the ball on next week's episode.
You are quite literally the only person out of thousands I've seen discuss that finale that actually liked that cliffhanger

That was the absolute biggest cop out I've ever seen and shows what the Walking Dead show runners really care about.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are quite literally the only person out of thousands I've seen discuss that finale that actually liked that cliffhanger

That was the absolute biggest cop out I've ever seen and shows what the Walking Dead show runners really care about.
Everybody I know loved it. Not sure what group of thousands you associate with regularly, but was that not a good cliff hanger? Do you watch the show? Are you just crapping on it because you aren't a fan?
redline248
AG
The single best season ending episode of a tv show, imo, was when Jack told Kate "We have to go back!"
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
I'm just really hoping GOT doesn't drop the ball on next week's episode.

As to not derail the thread further on discussing how terrible that cliffhanger was I'll comment on this.

The same guy that directed the last episode and hard home is directing the finale, and he said he thinks it's as epic as the last episode but in a different way. So that gives me hope
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Everybody I know loved it. Not sure what group of thousands you associate with regularly, but was that not a good cliff hanger? Do you watch the show? Are you just crapping on it because you aren't a fan?

Everybody? Wow.......well ummmm seems like the vast majority of the world disagrees with you. Just because you don't know it doesn't change that.

On the same IMDB ratings - which for a given show is at least indicative of comparing episodes - the last episode of Walking Dead (6.16 The Last Day on Earth) is the LOWEST RATED EPSIDODE of the series.

Yep thats right a 5.9 out of 10. Now 21% gave it a 10 - so maybe those are all your friends. But so many people hated it that its a 5.9 average. the same fans rated other episodes this season from 9.4 to 9.7 so it is not a show bias.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/eprate?ref_=ttep_ql_3
Joseph Parrish
AG
Yes, everybody. I couldn't care less what IMDB thinks. All I'm saying is that I'll be disappointed if this next GOT episode is a dud. They keep hinting that Cersi is going to burn the place down.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
Yes, everybody. I could care less what IMDB thinks.

I believe you mean you couldn't care less.
AggieSouth06
I agree that the Arya/Waif thing could have been executed better, but from the director's comments it was supposed to be perceived like this:

- Arya books the ship to draw the Waif out into her dark lair trap
- Arya makes a foolish mistake taking a moment for a nostalgic look over the city
- She's stabbed and her plan is all fubar
- When the Waif finds her she knows her only chance is to get her to her lair as originally planned
- She does

Yes, the writers could have painted a clearer picture but the "forlorn look" was supposed to be a character mistake not a writing mistake.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I agree that the Arya/Waif thing could have been executed better, but from the director's comments it was supposed to be perceived like this:

- Arya books the ship to draw the Waif out into her dark lair trap
- Arya makes a foolish mistake taking a moment for a nostalgic look over the city
- She's stabbed and her plan is all fubar
- When the Waif finds her she knows her only chance is to get her to her lair as originally planned
- She does

Yes, the writers could have painted a clearer picture but the "forlorn look" was supposed to be a character mistake not a writing mistake.

yeah...not to beat it to death but...if that was the intention

show SOME scenes of her being careful, watching, hiding, being cautious, etc.

the first scene we get after the previous episode she brazenly walks through a market kind of area and has a conversation with a captain with hundreds of people walking behind her (any one could have stabbed her then). then she strolls to a bridge and looks wistfully at the view. then a strange woman walks up and she doesn't even suspect anything then.

it was certainly poorly executed.

like i said before - would have been much better if she does all that strolling but then when the old woman approaches her she takes off running...and the old woman reveals she is the waif and runs after her. then she still gets knifed at some point but escapes. 95% of it could have been like they showed. they just needed anything to establish she wasn't a moron about it all.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
You know, it's worth noting Sansa has not only been deceptive but manipulative of Jon as well.
This. I am fully on board with the theory that Sansa was playing the game. She knew:

1. Ramsey would set a trap for Jon
2. Jon would fall for the trap
3. Ramsey's arrogance would cause him to let down his guard and overplay his hand once the trap was sprung.

Sansa didn't tell Jon about LF and the Knights of the Vale because that was her plan all along.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/game-thrones-finale-photos?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Pictures released for the season finale.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/game-thrones-finale-photos?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Pictures released for the season finale.

Well that confirms one thing.....it is Loras no doubt.

smokeythebear
AG
I agree with this to some extent. I think she knew Ramsey was going to defeat Jon, mainly because she knew Jon would fall for whatever trap Ramsey set. I think she left camp towards Moat Cailin in hopes of either escaping or finding LF. It worked out well for her that LF was already on his way, but there's no way she was just sitting back at camp waiting around for Ramsey's men to come finish her off, and she also wasn't hiding LF in the bushes waiting for the right time to attack. She said so herself, she's not a military strategist. Those KotV riders came straight from the road into action, Sansa just pointed them in the right direction.
AggieSouth06
Join the Faith, get a fresh fade.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I want you to draw me like one of your French girls.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

I want you to draw me like one of your French girls.

wearing this.....and only this.
Really???
quote:

That was horrible, lazy, hack writing.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:

That was horrible, lazy, hack writing.
Totally your opinion. Not mine or anybody I know.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never seen WD, but I will say I know how you feel. I like Phantom Menace.
smokeythebear
AG
Guys, this is the GoT spoilers thread; not the EVERY OTHER TV SHOW spoilers thread. Not that anyone has said anything specific, but let's avoid spoiling some of these other shows for anyone else (like me) who might be halfway through BB and such.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
Yes, everybody. I couldn't care less what IMDB thinks. All I'm saying is that I'll be disappointed if this next GOT episode is a dud. They keep hinting that Cersi is going to burn the place down.

Are you saying this would be a disappointing finale to you? That would be a bad-****ing-ass way to end the season, would end a lot of the storylines that people seem to think are boring, and would shift a ton of focus on the North and Dany which are the most exciting storylines.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you saying this would be a disappointing finale to you? That would be a bad-****ing-ass way to end the season, would end a lot of the storylines that people seem to think are boring, and would shift a ton of focus on the North and Dany which are the most exciting storylines.
Nope, that would be pretty badass.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Guys, this is the GoT spoilers thread; not the EVERY OTHER TV SHOW spoilers thread. Not that anyone has said anything specific, but let's avoid spoiling some of these other shows for anyone else (like me) who might be halfway through BB and such.

Walt ODs on meth rather than let the cancer/AIDS eat him alive. Duh. And sets his family up with a wealthy trust fund and protection paid to the cartels. And in a ironic twist of fate Jessie becomes a science teacher like his mentor. There saved you a lot of time.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope, that would be pretty badass.

What to this point in the series makes you think that a season finale like that is likely or probable?

They have a lot of storylines to address for there to be any huge scenes like that.
Bran's visions that include Wildfire.

The "Burn Them All" approach of the Mad King.

Visions showing Dany in a burned out throne room.
Goose06
AG
If cercei burns the city, I'm thinking it will be episode 1 of next season
McInnis 03
AG
She's been ****ing Lancel, Kettleblack, and MoonBoy for all I know.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm betting that 1) Payne is never mentioned again on the show. 2) Cersi tries to burn the city down. 3) manderly speech and hopefully Frey pie. 4) Dario betrays Dany
redline248
AG
Frey pie has as much chance of happening as Ilyn Payne being on the show again, imo.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That would be pretty ****ing GRRM to just explode Kings Landing and end over 5 or 6 different plotlines that have been building over the course of the series. Just make them completely insignificant. You would still have Dany and Jons camps, Jaime, Bran, Littlefinger, and Arya.
InternetFan02
AG
Prediction: It's time for Jaime to die - his story has run it's course. He told Bronn in season 5 that he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. He is faced with the challenge of stopping Cersei from burning down the city. He allows her to do it and they burn together. Dany begins the journey to King's Landing but there's no throne to take.

And Varys and his secret Dornish army swoop in at the end to save the day
mazzag
AG
I'm just catching up but I loved this scene

"I should have been born a Dothraki"
Stive
AG
I realize the show has had people travel really far distances in really short periods of time, but I can't see Jaime being at the Twins (shown prominently with Frey in the previews for this week) AND Kings Landing in the same episode.
tamusc
AG
quote:
I realize the show has had people travel really far distances in really short periods of time. But I can't see Jaime being at the Twins (shown prominently with Frey in the previews for this week) AND Kings Landing in the same episode.

Only Littleringer can pull that kind of travel off with his secret, underground hyper loop.
First Page Last Page
Page 162 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.