***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,183 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought she was still there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Also I noticed Tyrion said with the ships they brought they might have enough. Could be that they sail across in 2 groups and one of them is wiped out cutting their army in half.
I was surprised by this. Are we supposed to interpret this as the Harpys brought almost 1000 ships and they have them all now? That's an awful lot of ships, it didn't seem like that many.
redline248
AG
I don't remember how many ships Tyrion said, if he even did, but here's a decent look at the Harpy fleet. Subtract 1 or 2 due to dragons.

Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
Idk about most likely but I want an epic sea battle next season. We haven't seen that and it would be awesome

That kind of was an epic sea battle, just happened to be with dragons too. The sea battles do tend to be more sieges than anything though. But both have been pretty badass with wildfire and dragons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is why I'm confused, seems like what, 100 ships? How are they suddenly almost up to the 1000 they needed?
WALTON LOADS!
AG
quote:
I rewatched that scene. She rides off before Ramsay mentions it
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
This is why I'm confused, seems like what, 100 ships? How are they suddenly almost up to the 1000 they needed?
I thought Theon and Yara brought nearly 1000 with them that they stole from Euron.
titanmaster_race
So we will get the ToJ revelation next episode?

Or will the R+L=J blue balls continue on to season 7?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're off by one zero. 100.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They HAVE to. They've set it up too much this season.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought Theon and Yara brought nearly 1000 with them that they stole from Euron.
Dany says "You brought us 100 ships..."

However, where did the idea that she needs 1000 ships to sail for Westeros come from? I don't remember anyone ever saying that...(which doesn't mean no one did).
PMD03
AG
quote:
Most likely to happen with Dany?

1) Dany actually sets sail for Westeros and the Iron Islands either in episode 6.10 or 7.1 and then confronts Euron on the Island Irons

2) confrontation with Euron will happen at sea and we get an epic sea battle

3) Dany counts the ships, realizes they still don't have enough, and we're still waiting in Meereen for Euron to show up

------

Feel like we will get a bunch of hard decisions from Jon next episode. Stick with Sansa and now LF? Also will he have to choose between Davos and Mel after their confrontation upcoming next week? He could go anywhere on the board now. He doesn't strike me as the type to stay at Winterfell. Maybe his next plot is to try and raise armies and support against the WW across Westeros?
I could see Dany never making it to Westeros. Maybe her group encounters Euron or something kind of **** hits the fan when they are passing Valyria. Euron has been to Valyria and returned. He has still not shown all of his cards.

While I am sure most fans want her in Westeros, I don't see her arriving as a savior. Dragons and Dothraki will be good for conquering, but not peacefully ruling.

My theory (with nothing to back it up) is we will get some condensed story arcs:

• The North and Vale vs White Walkers. Covers Bran, Arya, Jon/Sansa/Littlefinger/Davos, Brotherhood
  • Non-Westeros area. Covers Greyjoys, Dany, Tyrion
  • The South. Covers Cersei, Jamie, Tyrells, Sam, Dorne, Aegon and a ton of stuff the show left out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Daario says it. Plus I believe they've thrown out the number 100k as far as the Dothraki she now has.
redline248
AG
quote:
They HAVE to. They've set it up too much this season.
How have they set it up too much this season? They've had 1 scene about the Tower of Joy, and nothing else mentioned about Rhaegar and Lyanna.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They've shown us Lyanna, which is pretty major. They've mentioned her a lot more than ever before, also.

They've also shown us the ToJ and literally cut away from the scene before its resolution. You don't do that if you don't plan on resolving it this season.

There was a pretty major focus on Bran's visions and powers in the first half of the season, and his story doesn't really seem to have reached a resolution for this season. We have to get a glimpse into what exactly Bran's destiny is, why they've built him up as such an integral part of the overall story. This reveal will go a long way in that regard.

Just my opinion.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Daario says it. Plus I believe they've thrown out the number 100k as far as the Dothraki she now has.

yes around the time they said they had 100K army they said we'll need a thousand ships....makes sense about 100 soldiers plus gear per ship (and don't forget horses).
redline248
AG
You mean like there is no way you show an army of undead marching south and then not have them attack the wall?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

yes around the time they said they had 100K army they said we'll need a thousand ships....makes sense about 100 soldiers plus gear per ship (and don't forget horses).
Was this after she bbq'd the Khals and was leading the Dothraki? The scene where she and Daario are on horses just before she goes to get Drogon?
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
I rewatched that scene. She rides off before Ramsay mentions it
Hmm. Twitter then?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The wights we hadn't glimpsed in all of season 2 and were brought in as a cliffhanger?

Bro. Come on. Use your head.
redline248
AG
Use yours. It was a joke.

Bro.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounded like a real complaint, bro. My mistake, bro.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
Most likely to happen with Dany?

1) Dany actually sets sail for Westeros and the Iron Islands either in episode 6.10 or 7.1 and then confronts Euron on the Island Irons

2) confrontation with Euron will happen at sea and we get an epic sea battle

3) Dany counts the ships, realizes they still don't have enough, and we're still waiting in Meereen for Euron to show up

------

Feel like we will get a bunch of hard decisions from Jon next episode. Stick with Sansa and now LF? Also will he have to choose between Davos and Mel after their confrontation upcoming next week? He could go anywhere on the board now. He doesn't strike me as the type to stay at Winterfell. Maybe his next plot is to try and raise armies and support against the WW across Westeros?
I could see Dany never making it to Westeros. Maybe her group encounters Euron or something kind of **** hits the fan when they are passing Valyria. Euron has been to Valyria and returned. He has still not shown all of his cards.

While I am sure most fans want her in Westeros, I don't see her arriving as a savior. Dragons and Dothraki will be good for conquering, but not peacefully ruling.

My theory (with nothing to back it up) is we will get some condensed story arcs:

• The North and Vale vs White Walkers. Covers Bran, Arya, Jon/Sansa/Littlefinger/Davos, Brotherhood
  • Non-Westeros area. Covers Greyjoys, Dany, Tyrion
  • The South. Covers Cersei, Jamie, Tyrells, Sam, Dorne, Aegon and a ton of stuff the show left out.

Those dragons and dohtraki are going to be used against the white walkers more than they are against westeros. There's no way they get left out of the final battles.

This story is about the white walkers. All the politics is the side show. Don't forget that. It will be all of westeros against the white walkers before it is all said and done.
nikator
AG
House Arryn was left off that list. Robyn Arryn is the last male line heir, the next is the grandson of one of Jon Arryn's sisters who may take the Arryn name if/when he succeeds. He is not in the show, but in the books the pimp plans to betroth Sansa to him
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
But Ramsay wanted the beating. That is why Jon stopped and didn't kill him. He remembered Sansa telling him not to do what Ramsay wanted.

Granted he would have save a lot of his men if he had remembered that to begin with.
Ramsey didn't want the beating. He only opted for 1 v 1 when he was surrounded. Jon stopped because he was leaving Ramsey for Sansa to finish.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
This story is about the white walkers. All the politics is the side show.
I disagree with this. I'll agree that the ww will be the "final battle", but it's not about them. The game and politics are what make this show what it is. If it was just humans vs white walkers, this show would be no more interesting than The Walking Dead.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
But Ramsay wanted the beating. That is why Jon stopped and didn't kill him. He remembered Sansa telling him not to do what Ramsay wanted.

Granted he would have save a lot of his men if he had remembered that to begin with.
Ramsey didn't want the beating. He only opted for 1 v 1 when he was surrounded. Jon stopped because he was leaving Ramsey for Sansa to finish.

And by the way he didn't even opt for 1 v 1 combat really....he tried to shoot him with an arrow from a distance 4 times before he could get close enough.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
This story is about the white walkers. All the politics is the side show.
I disagree with this. I'll agree that the ww will be the "final battle", but it's not about them. The game and politics are what make this show what it is.
Might be what everyone enjoys, but the story is ultimately about a Song of Ice and Fire, not the Iron Throne.

I think what the show will start transitioning to as it winds down is that whoever wins the Iron Throne is insignificant. The only thing that has ever mattered is humanity survival against the coming Winter, the rest is just positioning the pieces in preparation for the final battles.
nikator
AG
Roberts curse

http://imgur.com/gallery/GuGBo#EkeOk9W
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
redline248
AG
It's cool, you just have to pay attention to the icons. I have no problem with the long game, especially with the white walkers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The only thing that has ever mattered is humanity survival against the coming Winter
That's the end game, but that's not the only thing that's ever mattered. We're six seasons into the show and winter has only now started to come.

I guess I can only speak for myself, but what makes me tune in each week is great characters. I was HEAVILY emotionally invested in the battle last night because I cared so deeply about so many of the characters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The white walkers have been the long game since day one for sure. But I really think the ToJ will be resolved this Sunday. There's been hints since the beginning about R+L=J but it's never been as heavily foreshadowed as this season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was this after she bbq'd the Khals and was leading the Dothraki? The scene where she and Daario are on horses just before she goes to get Drogon?

Yep....here....he says 1000 ships maybe more.

redline248
AG
The only thing that really has me skeptical is how are they going to pull it off. Littlefinger is unlikely to pop in for an "oh by the way" moment. Bran is doing who knows what, and do we even know if he can float through time away from a weirwood? Will he even have an opportunity while running for his life from pursuing wights?
First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.