***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,812 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jon: Resurrected, now leading a [badly ountumbered] army of wildlings with Davos and Sansa, and is about to attack Winterfell.

Sansa: Successfully escaped Winterfell after being rescued by Brienne, reunited with Jon, and is now marching on Winterfell with Jon's army. Also is a much stronger, more confident character than she was just 8 episodes ago.

Bran: Learned that he can indeed affect the past, seems to be learning about many historical events in Westeros after 3ER transferred his knowledge on to him, and is now being helped by Benjen. No idea where he's going or what his ultimate purpose is yet, but it's apparent he will play a major role in the final fight with the WW.

Dany: Wiped out the Khals and is now leading an army of 100k Dothraki.

Arya: Not much advancement on her storyline outside of the last two episodes. She's left the Faceless Men after killing the Waif and is heading back to Westeros.

Tyrion: Also not much advancement. Still in Mereen, having trouble keeping the peace.

I will definitely agree that Arya and Tyrion's storylines have somewhat stalled this season, but for the other major characters, their stories have advanced quite a bit. Plus you have quite a lot going on with the Greyjoys, Brienne, and the Lannisters. Cersei has lost everything, Tommen has been entirely swallowed up by the sparrows, and the HS has complete control of King's Landing.

For 8 episodes, I think the story has progressed about as much as it had any other season. None of our major characters (except maybe Tyrion) are anywhere near where they were at the start of the season.
redline248
AG
As someone mentioned earlier, I think some of the gripes have to do with the writers making changes to story or characters they think are best for tv. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Blackfish being a good example. While he's a minor character in the books, he's also an important one. His story isn't finished, but the show decided he was unnecessary to tell their version. Not a big deal to me, bc I know there is probably more for him to come (assuming we ever get another book).

I also find it interesting that a lot of complaints are from people who only watch the show and haven't read the books. /book snob
redline248
AG
quote:
Arya: Not much advancement on her storyline outside of the last two episodes. She's left the Faceless Men after killing the Waif and is heading back to Westeros.

I really don't understand the claim that there had been no advancement in Arya's story. She started her time in Bravos as an angry, vengeful little girl who could barely take care of herself, and had lost her identity. She leaves Bravos having realized who she is and wants to be, and has gained some valuable skills. I think Jaqen was even happy that she finally figured out who she wanted to be.
Furlock Bones
AG
Good post BES
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In her time in Braavos overall? Yes. But not much THIS season. Outside of regaining her sight, nothing of much significance happens with her until she is assigned to kill Lady Crane.

Agree on Jaqen, I liked that he seemed to be happy that she finally decided to be Arya. I don't think he ever really bought it when she claimed to be no one.
redline248
AG
I'll say this, at least we have been spared all the conflict over Arya having her moon blood the way we had to deal with for Sansa.
OnlyForNow
AG
Did anyone else think that Brienna and Pod were rowing away very strangely while Jamie looked at them?

Anyone taking bets that the Blackfish is actually under the boat and is alive?
Post removed:
by user
Wes97
AG
I will grant you that watching this episode after driving home from the baseball game last night meant that I probably missed some details but....

Is everybody really 100% that Arya actually did kill the waif and not the other way around? I mean they spent numerous episodes having her tell them every detail of her family and her experiences. No chance this is just a way to have a fake "Arya" show back up in Westeros to get close to and kill some Stark that was on their kill list? I mean one minute she is talking about running away to whatever is west of Westeros and the next she is going home as a proud Stark.

I realize that I am probably reading way too much into things and missed some basic details while still pissed off about the baseball game at 2 in the morning...
redline248
AG
Take it to PM
Chalupa Batman
AG
quote:
quote:
Black hat was trolling the baseball board too. I've also seen him trolling the politics board. He sucks. As in he's not even a good troll.
Wth are you talking about? I was asking for the score last night. How is that trolling the baseball board?

Trolling the politics board? That's because you like that bong smoking Libertarian. You people seem to think that just because you have differences in opinion, like in politics, that is trolling. That makes no sense.

Ok I'm done here.

Guys I'm sorry I kept this thread derail going. Decent episode in my book. Carry on.
redline248
AG
The waif never showed any inclination to do anything other than be a faceless assassin. Why would she want to take Arya's identity without being told to do so?
Wes97
AG
Who said she wasn't told to do so? If the original plan was to use Arya for this task and the backup plan was to just use her face and identity.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
In Internet slang, a troll (/trol/, /trl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#cite_note-1][1][/url] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#cite_note-PCMAG_def-2][2][/url] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#cite_note-IUKB_def-3][3][/url] often for their own amusement.
You repeatedly find yourself amused by people having an emotional response to your crazy antics. That's the definition of trolling.

Like your "opinion" that the Hound and Arya are going to get married. It's not meant as a rationale thought, the entire genesis of that idea is purely to see the rest of the posters on here get stirred up over the ridiculousness of it. It's not your "opinion" because you don't actually believe it will happen, you are stating funny off-color ridiculousness as your "opinion" just to try and incite an emotional response from people, but that's not a valid "opinion", that's just trolling.

The only real "opinion" you have had on this entire thread is that you think it is all just a stupid made up show.
redline248
AG
Ok, I guess it's technically possible...but it ain't happening.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
I will grant you that watching this episode after driving home from the baseball game last night meant that I probably missed some details but....

Is everybody really 100% that Arya actually did kill the waif and not the other way around? I mean they spent numerous episodes having her tell them every detail of her family and her experiences. No chance this is just a way to have a fake "Arya" show back up in Westeros to get close to and kill some Stark that was on their kill list? I mean one minute she is talking about running away to whatever is west of Westeros and the next she is going home as a proud Stark.

I realize that I am probably reading way too much into things and missed some basic details while still pissed off about the baseball game at 2 in the morning...
Well the Waif's face was in the hall so unless she took off her OWN face and put it in the hall, I'm pretty sure it meant Arya won.
InspectionAg
AG
Even if he actually is trolling, all of you are feeding him by arguing with him.

Stop arguing with him, and having nerdrage, and he'll go away.

Wes97
AG
Well I don't want to derail the thread again but these are "faceless men" assassins who pride themselves on being "no one." Why do we assume that the face of the waif that we have seen up till now on the show was actually her real face in the first place?

I assume that everything happened how it appeared on the show, but we are talking about faceless men assassins, an off-screen murder, and game of thrones. Just throwing it out there.

PMD03
AG
There doesn't seem to be as much room for crazy theories this week, so we are going to have some forum battles.
black_hat_ag

quote:
Stop arguing with him, and having nerdrage

black_hat_ag
[ THAT STUPID AND USELESS ARGUMENT WILL STOP HERE. If a poster doesn't like something that is posted then IGNORE THE POST AND MOVE ON. If it is a spoiler or is an obvious troll post, use the voting function and then IGNORE THE POST AND MOVE ON. The arguments about who is and isn't a troll don't add anything to a thread and just clutter it up.

From this point on, any posters that engage in a childish argument will get banned. Period. -Staff]

bangobango
AG
quote:
Good lord, y'all are a bunch of miserable souls if you're disappointed with the season so far.

Riverrun: Tie up loose end with Blackfish escaping 3 seasons ago and ending up in the boat with Gendry. People complained for two seasons that he was forgotten about and then they get mad in "wasting time for no reason" at Riverrun. It gave us clarity into where Jaime is as a character at the moment. We've seen him go through a lot of different stories and emotions, but he's clearly still not ready to turn over a new leaf and shed himself from his reputation. Also, got some good Bronn time and was reminded of Pod's big wiener.

Battle of *******s: Those that are complaining of it being OBVIOUS that the KotV will come in and save the day are only the people who sit on reddit magnifying into a letter and filling in the missing words to read that letter. I get it, everyone on this thread is used to overanalyzing every little thing happening in GoT because you read the books where you have to pay attention to every single little detail, but the show isn't made for the book readers. To the MAJORITY of the audience, they had no clue who Sansa's raven went to (possibly LF was one of a couple of ideas they had at the time, but zero confirmation). Furthermore, they still don't know what side LF is on or if Sansa has decided to forgive him. So yea, to the majority of the show watchers, it would be a surprise to see LF show up at the last second and save the day. If this makes you mad, then maybe you should stop watching the show and just wait for the book to come out.

Arya: I spend as much time as anyone on this thread making up crazy hypotheses, but being upset with the story because your crazy Fight Club theory didn't pan out is pretty immature. Here's the sequence of events now that we know how it all went down:

Day 1 at Noon: Arya talks to Jaqen about who wants to kill Lady Crane and Jaqen says a servant doesn't ask why.
Day 1 at 5 pm: Arya has a last second change of heart and knocks the cup from her hand, saving her. Arya has no idea the Waif was watching her.
Day 1 at 9 pm: Arya gets Needle and finds a place to sleep since she's not going back to the House of B&W. Meanwhile, Waif has already seen Arya changed her mind and reported it to Jaqen. Usually this would probably take a few days, but the Waif had a grudge and was spying on Arya.
Day 2 at 8 am: Arya goes strutting about acting like a nobleman so she can convince a captain to give her passage to Westeros. She has to act like she has money so the Captain will agree. Furthermore, to convince the Captain to leave first thing tomorrow morning, or 36 hours after knocking the cup from Lady Crane's hand. This explains why she wasn't as on guard as everyone wants her to be, because she's convinced she'll be off the continent before Jaqen ever notices she's missing.
Day 2 at 8:30 am: She's leaving the docks and stops for a split second to reminisce about leaving a city she's grown to love. BOOM, surprise attack!

Look, I get people being upset that Arya was being dumb enough that the Waif got the jump on her as she was trying to flee the city. But here's the thing, the Waif is CLEARLY better than her. She's a better assassin in all ways, blending in, fighting, being in the right place, sneak attacks, and ruthlessness. It should be no surprise that the Waif was able to get the jump on Arya, SHE'S IMMENSELY BETTER THAN ARYA. Furthermore, she purposely only stabbed Arya twice so that she would survive the encounter and suffer longer. People being mad that Arya survived are ignoring the fact that the Waif purposely left her alive to make her suffer. Besides, her body has been trained to take a beating. She's been systematically beaten up daily for possibly a year or more. Things that would kill a normal person are survivable by a Navy Seal. What would have been truly unbelievable to me would be the Waif, a highly trained and smart assassin, inexplicably walking into a dark room to fight a fully healthy Arya instead of waiting for a better time to attack.
Yep. Gotta love the butthurt. People spend time spewing absolute nonsense based on the flimsiest of premises, and then get pissed and call it bad writing when the loony (and often times illogical) theories don't pan out.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:

I really don't understand the claim that there had been no advancement in Arya's story. She started her time in Bravos as an angry, vengeful little girl who could barely take care of herself, and had lost her identity. She leaves Bravos having realized who she is and wants to be, and has gained some valuable skills. I think Jaqen was even happy that she finally figured out who she wanted to be.
Exactly. Lot of character development seems to be lost on the "OMG WE NEED MOAR DRAGONS!' crowd.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
There doesn't seem to be as much room for crazy theories this week, so we are going to have some forum battles.
just go back a couple of pages to the "that's not Rickon, it's Arya!"

Eta: nothing wrong with crazy theories, imo. I just thought this was way out of left field.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure if this is directed at me, but I have zero problem with character development and lack of action. But Arya's storyline has been slower than others, or even hers in past seasons. Just a fact because of less screen time.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
Most people are disappointed with this episode in particular, not with the entire season.

Blackfish - It's great that he came back, but devoting almost an hour of screen time to a storyline that ultimately went nowhere is what most of us are upset about. At the very least, we could have seen the death of Blackfish.

Arya - I'm upset that Arya was that dumb, but I'm even more upset by the fact that we had to sit through a whole season of Arya being abused and beaten by the Waif, and we didn't even get the payoff or satisfaction of seeing the final confrontation when Arya finally bests her.
Jaime, after being completely verbally undressed by the battle-hardened Blackfish, was able to outsmart him and take the castle with little to no casualties. Extremely impressive feat by Jaime, and one only a truly conniving and manipulative person like Jaime Lannister could pull off. Instead of spending two years running a siege, he's able to return to King's Landing a victor in only a matter of days. I think you're missing the point if you're worried about the Blackfish in that sequence. Clearly the directors wanted you to care about Jaime and Brienne, you know, two characters who have had IMMENSELY more TV time.

As for Arya's kill, it was pitch black, what exactly did you want to see?
They also reminded everyone that Jaime is the very definition of a Greek tragic hero. He could've very easily been the greatest knight or Lord in all of Westeros, but his cursed love for his sister has caused him to be what Edmund reminds him that he is. I thought his conversation with Edmund was awesome and really hammered home the duel nature of Jaime's character. Dashing, charasmatic, and even kind, unless Cersi is involved, and then it's anything goes the consequences be damned.

BTW, I don't think there is any way Cersi kills Tommen. Especially not to save her own skin. That just goes too much against her nature. Cersi is an overprotective mother on steroids. I also don't think Cersi killing Tommen would be enough to set Jaime off and kill Cersi. I don't think Jaime is all that connected to his children, other than Cersi is very fond of them and he is very fond of Cersi.

I do think it will be Jaime that kills her in the end. I don't know what the motivation might be. Cersi burning down KL with wildfire might be enough to do it. Maybe her doing something truly awful to Brienne? It might be over Tommen, but they're going to need to throw in a filler scene prior to Tommen's death where they show that Jaime actually gives a **** about him. Kind of like they did with his daughter (though even more so since he's going to go crazy and kill the one thing he loves more than anything in the world over it).

Does Jaime in the show know about Cersi and Lancel? Maybe that comes out in the trial and makes him jealous enough to do it?
bangobango
AG
quote:
Not sure if this is directed at me, but I have zero problem with character development and lack of action. But Arya's storyline has been slower than others, or even hers in past seasons. Just a fact because of less screen time.
Not directed at you specifically, but yeah, things don't have to blow-up or show people getting killed for something to "happen." You and others are driving me crazy with that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have never had this complaint other than Riverrun this episode. And the end of Arya's story.
Post removed:
by user
benchmark
AG
Couple of thoughts:

1) I think Margaery is instructing Tommen on how to play along with the High Sparrow. He just looks too nervous to be sincere and empowered by his newfound religion. Margaery has a plan to survive. It may be that Margaery has convinced Tommen that they can't save Cercsei and her brother are unfortunate sacrifices.
2) I think the guy burning on the cross could just be an unfortunate messenger "Here's our answer" kind of thing.
3) I agree Qyburn found out information on the High Sparrow to use against him not wildfire. (That old rumor you told me about my little birds investigated - I think he would have said "they found it" if it was stores of wildfire.)
4) Jaime has had a lot of superb scenes lately. Great character development.
5) Question: Whom do you think Varys was going to try and meet up with (looking for friends and ships)? Your potential friends would be the enemies of House Baratheon and the Lannisters, right?

claym711
AG
I think it's obvious margaery is making a power play. Manipulating the sparrow and tommen, not creating an heir, getting rid of Cercsei. I would not be surprised to see both Tommen and Cercsei dead soon.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
He had his maesters make a crap ton of (wildfire) and stockpiled it under ground. Tyrion found it and used it all against Stannis in season 2.
Maesters do not make wildfire. It is manufactured by the Alchemist Guild (Pyromancers).
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I think Qyburn found the wildfire reserves.
The "little birds" are spies, not cellar spelunkers. The secret is not the wildfire, but something else.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Riverrun sequence was useless.
I think the Riverrun sequence was all just character building for Jamie.
i agree. i think they are showing the crowd that Jamie is as ruthless as ever.
But do we think that New Jaime would actually have killed the baby? I do not. It was a bluff
Boiling Denim
It's most definitely the wildfire. Qyburn digging up dirt on the HS wouldn't even help Cersei as she will be judged by 7 other septons. She is finished. She's already chosen violence
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.