***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,769 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Supposedly the bastard bowl this week will be a full episode devoted soley to that storyline. No other plotlines are going to go with it.
Honestly, I'm dreading next week. Odds are even that it's a draw or Bolton wins. Can't let a Stark come out on top.

I'm expecting the Knights of the vale to tip the scale and Jon wins the battle but suffers mass casualties to his army. Probably losing Davos or Tormund (or both) in the process.

I also don't expect Rickon to live through the episode. Either Ramsay kills him to taunt Jon and start the battle or he becomes a casualty somewhere in it.
nikator
AG
It won't be just the Knights of the Vale...the Manderleys will switch sides

From the casting call

quote:
He is a fat nobleman in his 60's. He has distinctive rugged features, a Northern accent, and a distinguished air. Our source says he has a stirring speech during which he unexpectedly shifts political allegiances

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
Supposedly the bastard bowl this week will be a full episode devoted soley to that storyline. No other plotlines are going to go with it.
Honestly, I'm dreading next week. Odds are even that it's a draw or Bolton wins. Can't let a Stark come out on top.
We can only pray that this is not the case. I think all the fans are tired of seeing the Starks get **** on.
SgtBarbarossa
I hoped for Arya to be a worthwhile storyline but this is the point where I'd rather she got a swift, heartfelt death. Her stay at the House of the Undying lead nowhere, even with all of the potential and screen time it could have ever needed, and it didn't advance her character like it should have. She learned to fight in the dark and I guess that she realized that she needs to return home, but that's it. Other storylines that were slow at least had a grand payoff or a huge plot development, such as Bran's insights into the past or Daenerys' eventual arrival with dragons, but Arya could have just disappeared for a couple of years and achieved the same result. In the end she's still a Stark and used the sword mastery she learned from Syrio Forel three years previously to beat her villain.

I think a big part of the disappointment is because the reasons to be excited about the Many Faced God went nowhere as well. The involvement of a league of deadly assassins, Arya able to change her face at will, the involvement in Oldtown and possibly the Iron Islands coming into play... all awesome ideas wasted. I get that the show will have to cut a lot of the story to fit their schedule, but then why waste two years of airtime on it? Not only that but they built it up all year with the season 6 posters having all of the characters faces in the House of the Undying and dedicated this episode to it, building it up even more.

The reason I love this show and the books is because Martin has written some of the most intricate plotlines and was able to weave them into one overarching story. There is so much mystery and intrigue involved that even the most bat **** insane theory still has some slight possibility of being true, and have some evidence to back it up because of how detailed everything is. I hate Arya's plot because it's a lot of story for just... nothing. Most of the theories on here were absurd, but one would have at least advanced the storyline or built her character or given us something to think about. I think the reason the theories started flying was in the hopes that the writing wasn't as bad as it seemed... with Arya walking around flaunting her money in broad daylight, for no other purpose than her own foolishness. With so many of the other plots being brilliant Arya's story sticks out like a subpar cable TV show in the middle of an epic tale.

Other than that building rant, I really liked this episode.
TampaBayAg08
AG
That was the biggest letdown after bringing Blackfish back--he dies and we don't even see him go out in a blaze of glory? What a damn waste. That just ruined the whole episode for me.

Also, Dany running in like she was Indiana Jones made me eye roll. It just seemed so corny. Show Drogon burning the masters' ships down and her riding her dragon like a badass so we can get a preview of what'll happen in Westeros.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think Jon comes out on top next week, but I think Ramsay will get away.
COOL LASER FALCON
Also, one thing that I think has kind of been overlooked is Dany and Drogon. She seems to have much better control of him than the last time they were together. I doubt she has complete control over him, but that's still a pretty big game changer.
nikator
AG
I assume Brienne will now run into the Hound and the Brotherhood in episode 10. Without Lady Stoneheart that will be different
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Farmer1906
AG
So where are Rhaegal & Viserion?
MW03
AG
quote:

From the casting call

quote:

Posts like this are why I should just stop reading this thread. That's not a book spoiler, but just a genuine spoiler. Granted, it's from information out there freely available, but I don't want to know about what's going to happen in a scene because someone sought out the casting information.
McInnis 03
AG
quote:
quote:

• "Ramsay dies."
  • "Lady Stoneheart returns."
  • "Arya checks three people off her list."

I feel like Sophie Turner's 2T1L tells us Ramsay is about to get it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know, maybe there is something to the theory that Arya has been back for a while and may be wearing Rickon (or someone else's) face.
MW03
AG
Would the Tullys march on Winterfell with the Lanisters if Jon/Sansa win the ******* Bowl?
Ranger222
AG

quote:
If the waif had strolled into the cubby hole in Episode 6 and got killed by Arya then we end up in the exact same situation except without the hackneyed crap and it's a better story all-around. This is bad writing when you can cut out scenes and make a better story.

So much this.

Regarding the wildfire, was Cersei not with Tyrion when the alchemists showed Tryion the stock they had made before the Battle of Blackwater? I vaguely remember that scene of the alchemist showing Tryion the huge stock and Cersei being with him. Thus there is nothing to confirm since she has personnel knowledge. I'm on the side that believes the "rumors" are about the High Sparrow.

And with Meereen I feel the same set up as LF and the Knights of the Vale -- Dany will be trying to think how to defeat the slavers (since Drogon can't apparently burn them all), and Yara and Theon will come in right behind them, sinking the slaver fleet with their 1000 ships and winnings Danys' approval.

combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

• "Ramsay dies."

Where did you get this? Because that would be awesome!
SwigAg11
AG
It could be that it was assumed that all the Wildfire was used in the Blackwater battle. However, maybe Qyburn discovered other hidden caches?
SgtBarbarossa
Interesting thought brought up a few pages back... Cersei possibly killing Tommen somehow would be the worst thing I can imagine her doing that would persuade Jaime to take her out. Burning down King's Landing might do it alone, but both of those things happening? She's toast.

The only reason I think it's possible that Cersei would kill one of her own children is from the Battle of Blackwater scene when she almost mercy-kills Tommen. She also fully expects for the witch's prophecies to come true at this point, so she might be more accepting of the idea that Tommen could die.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You could've cut out the entire Arya/Waif/Lady Crane plot and just had Waif show up for Arya in that dark tunnel, and end it the exact same way.

Was that whole chase just a way to make viewers fear that Arya could die? I think everyone knew she would survive, so it all just felt like a waste of time until the final confrontation.
Ranger222
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

• "Ramsay dies."

And there is no way LSH comes in now after the return of the true Brotherhood last night right? Last night was the perfect time to introduce LSH if they were going to do it.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

• "Ramsay dies."

Arya's List
Jof
Tywin
Meryn Trent
Cersei
The Hound
The Mountain
Ilyne Payne
Melisandre

So if we don't think stoneheart returns (I thought something was going to happen during the Hounds piss) then which two on Arya's list is going to get it?
McInnis 03
AG
quote:

From the casting call

quote:
He is a fat nobleman in his 60's. He has distinctive rugged features, a Northern accent, and a distinguished air. Our source says he has a stirring speech during which he unexpectedly shifts political allegiances

In the book, Lord Wyman Manderlay cons everyone into thinking he killed Davos and then secretly meets with Davos to tell him that if Davos can somehow smuggle Rickon to him that White Harbor will pledge allegiance again to the Starks. White Harbor owes everything to the Starks.....and the North remembers.

So while this exact storyline can't really go that direction, the overall story of Manderlay being loyal to Stark can.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good question. Is it possible she stole the Umber guy's face and is impersonating him in Winterfell? She rescues Rickon, and takes him to Winterfell as an elaborate plot to kill Ramsay.

Edit: I only think that because she mentioned she's going "home", and there isn't much time for her to get anywhere else to kill 2 people on her list unless she's already infiltrated somewhere.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Its possible that Davos finds out about Shireen next episode and by the end of the season he kills her for it. She's pretty much served her purpose I think.

I don't think Cersei dies this season.

With Cleganebowl being denied, I think maybe the zombie mountain could be killed in some kind of plot.

Payne isn't really important so he could die somehow too
Wocka Wocka
AG
Pod, "Looks like a siege, my lady."
Brienne, "You have a keen military mind, Pod."

Best exchange of the entire episode.
Ranger222
AG
Sorry for the multiple posts but another quick thing I'll bring up that doesn't sit right regarding Arya --

Remember when she was blind and a begger and she would fight the Waif in the streets? They did the one pan out scene where it was Arya alone and you couldn't see the Waif. Its like she wasn't there. What was up with that? It seems like the Waif had to be a real person because Lady Crain obviously saw her and fell victim to her, but that little fight scene makes no sense now after we have the conclusion of all this. Inconsistencies in the writing? Maybe they had a change of heart on how this would ultimately play out?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
Edit: I only think that because she mentioned she's going "home", and there isn't much time for her to get anywhere else to kill 2 people on her list unless she's already infiltrated somewhere.

Just because she crosses people off her list doesn't necessarily mean she killed them
Farmer1906
AG
When was the last time Payne was even on screen? I guess this week alone shows precedent with Beric of a character disappearing for seasons and returning.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Just because she crosses people off her list doesn't necessarily mean she killed them
Then how else does she cross people off her list?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

She didn't kill Joff or Tywin but he was crossed off on the list. Just saying she doesn't have to be the one to kill them for them to be taken off the list
McInnis 03
AG
There are a new set of spoilers out for episodes 9 and 10. I will not spoil you all, you can seek them out if you wish but I'd say that the final two episodes will not leave you with a sour taste in your mouth if episode 8 did.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

She didn't kill Joff or Tywin but he was crossed off on the list. Just saying she doesn't have to be the one to kill them for them to be taken off the list
Got it. I read it as, they would be crossed off and still be alive.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
The Good Parts:

• Arya's curiosity about what lies to the West of Westeros.
  • Jaime and Brianne interaction.
  • Jaime and Edmure interaction
  • Bronn and Pod interaction
  • Thoros and Sandor interaction.
  • Arya chase scene.
  • Dany coming in off the balcony.
  • Fire Trebuchets. On Boats.
  • Sandor taking the boots while the body is twitching
  • Chicken reference.
  • Varys returning to Westeros

The Why? Parts:

• Tyrion and Two Ex-Slaves Part 2. I can't wait for Part 3.
  • Sandor pees standing up? I wouldn't have believed it if they hadn't shown us with that between-the-legs-from-behind shot.
  • Best Kisser scene.
  • All the Arya scenes between the candle scene in Episode 6 and the Jaqen scene in Episode 8. I would have more faith in Arya's skills if I hadn't seen all the stuff in-between.

The Irritating Parts:

• Trial by Combat is done after a run of about 10 thousand years. Because we must convict the King's mother of something and she has a giant abomination standing by her? How about we just ban giant abominations from Trials by Combat? How about the King just orders him to take off his helmet?
  • Lem leads a rogue group of cold-blooded murderers who indiscriminately kill many people without taking food or weapons. They don't even retrieve their arrows.
  • BwB has Lem and two guys noosed-up just as Sandor comes walking up. At first I thought this was a trap for the Hound. A half-second later I realized I was overthinking this show.
  • Parkour with an injury that was 100% fatal between the Dawn of Humanity and World War 1.
  • Mace has the only army in 100 miles and he stands beside the King as it is announced his son is getting a trial by religious zealots.
  • If you are new and you speak, you might as well be wearing a red shirt. I'm looking at you, little Lady Mormont.
  • Cersei chose violence on that one guy, then walked down to the Throne Room. What did the rest of the Faith Militant do? Seems like it would have been easier to get her to the Throne Room, and then have her ordered to go see the HS.

Episode 9:

I am trying to avoid any plot theory that my seven year old couldn't create, but I just don't see how "Vale saves Sansa" goes down so straightforward. The story is holding our hand while walking us down the path that the Vale knights will show up and save Sansa in E9. It seems too easy.

So many questions. Why was LF alone when he met with Sansa in E5? Why are the KotV waiting at Moat Cailin? What exactly is the KotV? Is that an army, or a group of knights? Why are they not laying siege to Winterfell right now? Wouldn't this be the first time ever that Moat Cailin was taken from the South? How'd they do that? How'd they do that without ravens flying to Winterfell? What did they do when LF returned to tell Royce and SweetRobin that Sansa refused? How are these Stark kids able to survive so many dumb life-threatening decisions?

The show is really selling the "saved by the Vale" plot. They even have an actual letter written by Sansa for the internet to decipher. They need a twist. My simple theory is that LF is being LF. The KotV aren't at Moat Cailin. They "entered the fray" by taking the Twins. LF is at Winterfell with Ramsay. We might see that prior to the battle, which reinforces that the Stark army is screwed. But, silly LF doesn't know that Ramsay is does not fool easily. I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey's last major kill is LF. The preview suggests the battle doesn't go well for Starks (spears and shields advancing forward in a circle). But, I can guarantee if Arya lived through that hot mess, then Sansa and Jon live to see Season 7. I think the Stark army is saved by the late-arriving Northern Bannermen who Sansa offhandedly mentioned sending ravens to back in E5 or E6. Heck, good old backstabbing Howland Reed might show up. He could share Jon's origin story with the group. Little Bran sees it through the tree and verifies by time traveling.

Who am I kidding? Of course the Vale army shows up late and saves the day.
InspectionAg
AG
Terrible episode with terrible details.

1. No way Arya survives multiple stab wounds to the gut and after falling into a dirty canal. She isn't an x-men. No way she has the ability to even run through the streets, let alone jumping multiple times and falling multiple times, and then even winning a sword fight. All those theories from this week would have been better than the **** that we got.

2. The Blackfish is a legendary warrior who is able to take back River run, but then just let's the ******* lannisters screw him over. What army did he control? Did he have any? Why not put Edmure out of his misery with a crossbow bolt? Why would this legendary warrior not even get to be shown in his last fight? Instead we got to see Jaime waive to Brianne. What a waste of time.

3. Dany just walks in. No counterattack against the Navy attacking her city, no dragon breathing fire, nothing. But it was oh so important for us to see her stupid speech on the dragon 2 episodes ago. Way to waste your CGI budget, HBO.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Other good lines

"A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell. And I'm going home."

"You're **** at dying"
MW03
AG
quote:
Pod, "Looks like a siege, my lady."
Brienne, "You have a keen military mind, Pod."

Best exchange of the entire episode.
Close, but i'm going with:

- **** YOU!"
- Those are your last words, **** you? Come one. You can do better.
- ****!
- You're **** at dying, you know that?

First Page Last Page
Page 137 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.