***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,936 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Quit trolling the thread. Haven't you already caught a ban for doing that before?
Oh so we can't talk about negative things now?? I have an opinion and its just as valid as yours. The show is not good. I'm allowed to think that and say that in this thread. This is the GOT thread correct??
Sure, but you're coming on here claiming this is the worst season yet, when it's done much more with 8 episodes than most other seasons did. Up until episode 5, it was widely accepted that it was by far the best season yet. And your hyperbolic statements make it seem like you're desperately trying to get the attention everyone.
COOL LASER FALCON
Is the wildfire stuff coming from the books? Seems like a wild assed guess otherwise.

I know we saw wildfire in Bran's vision, but wasn't everything else in his vision in the past?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Episode was great. Y'all people wanting a Hardhome episode every week are being unrealistic.
I was one of the posters defending the last couple of episodes because there was plenty going on and it moved the story along, but last night's episode was disappointing because it was a lot of build up and very little payoff.

After all the time we'd invested in Arya's storyline, I think it was reasonable to expect to at least see Arya kill the Waif. Instead, not only does it happen offscreen, but the writers seem to have honestly written Arya to be dumb enough to waltz around the streets of Braavos without a care in the world. No apparent plan on her part.

And what was the point of the Riverrun scenes? We spent a good half hour to an hour there and don't even get to see Blackfish's death on screen. Moreover, what exactly did we gain in that storyline? The Lannisters took back the castle, Blackfish died, Brienne failed, and the Tully army is not riding north.
AgLiving06
quote:
I think it's pretty clear we can stop making wild arse predictions now with D&D in full control of the story. Where GRRM seems to get off on misdirection and subtleness D&D are getting people from point A to point B as quickly as possible and damn reasons and sometimes logic.

This may be for the best in the end

I wonder if it's more a function of having a very limited timeline than anything else. They've predefined how much time is left in the show, and that probably equates to 5,000 pages of GRRM writing (if he actually was writing).

We saw condensing of story lines the whole time, so I'm not surprised by things now.

I'm sure GRRM is providing a high level overview on where he had planned the story to go, and leaving them to fill in the gaps.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Didn't Tyrion burn up the wildfire in Blackwater?
COOL LASER FALCON
I think so. And someone earlier on the thread said that he didn't use it all, but I remember him having the potion makers of King's Landing working overtime to make as much as they could.
Ol Jock 99
AG
One of the biggest things in the episode to me: Jamie confessing to another person, a lord at that, about him and Cerci. That's big.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Maybe if we are all really lucky, the time Arya has been in Bravos happened concurrently with the time Sansa was in the Eyrie, and she's already made her way back home, went to the Umbers and is pretending to be Rickon, and she gets to say "surprise mother f.cker."
Ok, this would be badass.
Ranger222
AG
I have to agree with several that this was a very poor episode. It also is making me sour at the season as a whole. They keep building up a lot of scenes for nothing. It's like building up emotions just for an over-the-pants HJ.

I'm somewhat glad they didn't go over-the-top with Arya, including the fight club theory or that Arya wasn't Arya etc. But at the same time they made a lot of her story unbelievable. I'm not satisfied with it at all.

And the whole Riverrun story has been interesting, but what's the purpose at the end of the day? Maybe something can still happen in King's Landing while Jamie is gone

I'm starting to get fearful that the ******* Bowl next week is going to be a letdown. Maybe they've been saving everything up for a huge battle scene like Hardhome, but so far every time we get to an epic scene they short it. What's the likelihood that we get Jon and Ramsay to square off in the open, only for there to be some bull**** diplomatic treaty right before the fighting? That's what they've done this whole season and its gotten to be annoying.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
I'm starting to get fearful that the ******* Bowl next week is going to be a letdown. Maybe they've been saving everything up for a huge battle scene like Hardhome, but so far every time we get to an epic scene they short it. What's the likelihood that we get Jon and Ramsay to square off in the open, only for there to be some bull**** diplomatic treaty right before the fighting? That's what they've done this whole season and its gotten to be annoying.

I'm very pumped for this episode, and I'm sure they've been saving a lot of budget to throw into this episode. I think that this will definitely not be a let down episode. Anybody else think Littlefinger will ride in with his army last minute and save Jon/Sansa, Lord of the Rings style?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is the first episode of the season that has truly let me down, but I still have very high hopes that the BOB turns it around. They haven't really had any high budget moments this season except for that short dragon scene, so I'm hoping these last two episodes turn it up to 11.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
They've been talking a lot how this is the first time they've been able to shoot a legit full scale battle scene. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of this season's production budget was spent on episode 9. I trust that it will be epic.
OnlyForNow
AG
He didn't burn all of it.

There were "hidden stores" of WF still around.

Pretty sure that the mad king had so much made they said it would have taken KL off the map had it all gone up at once.

But it is just wild speculation.

I don't think that is what Qyburn was talking about; I think it was about the high sparrow or something else.

We also have an interesting motivation for Cersi potentially killing Tommen in some way. While he is king and in the near term trial by combat is a no-no; as soon as he is not king that might change, especially if Kevan is dead...
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
He didn't burn all of it.

There were "hidden stores" of WF still around.

Pretty sure that the mad king had so much made they said it would have taken KL off the map had it all gone up at once.

But it is just wild speculation.

I don't think that is what Qyburn was talking about; I think it was about the high sparrow or something else.

We also have an interesting motivation for Cersi potentially killing Tommen in some way. While he is king and in the near term trial by combat is a no-no; as soon as he is not king that might change, especially if Kevan is dead...
no. we don't. there are few truisms in GOT, but one of them is Cersei loves her children more than anything else.
HeadGames
AG
Other than the sand snake bs, I felt the first two or so episodes of the season started off strong. However since then... Yeesh!! I hope it finishes strong.

Them "killing off" the blackfish off screen was so dumb. That felt real lazy. Should have just had him fight and die for Sansa then in Winterfell. Same fate, more acceptable.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
When Blackfish told Brienne she could serve Sansa better than he ever could I was just like "okay, but how about you both serve her? Is two people protecting her not better than one one and a dead great uncle?"
ChoppinDs40
AG
Riverrun sequence was useless.
bobinator
AG
quote:
I think the Riverrun sequence was all just character building for Jamie.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
I think the Riverrun sequence was all just character building for Jamie.
i agree. i think they are showing the crowd that Jamie is as ruthless as ever.
JonSnow
Another great episode. Really not sure what people keep *****ing about. If you don't enjoy this show then stop watching. But I can tell you that you going to miss this show when its gone. You can't have the Red Wedding every week. Of course Arya isn't going to die yet. She set a trap and lured in the waif to her pre prepared kill chamber. Did you see her walk when it was over. She was fine the whole time. She was playing possum.
PMD03
AG
I'm kind of let down by the Arya in Braavos storyline, but happy they are cutting it. Like not chasing bad money with good, it is better to just end it now and move on. Get her back in Westeros and hopefully eventually with Sansa, Jon, and Rickon.

Best part of the episode was the Hound and Brotherhood. I was very happy to see Beric Dondarrion and not Stoneheart. I hated Catelyn in the books, was upset when her dumbass was brought back. Glad to see the BwoB is still mostly good and it was some defectors that attacked Hound's hippie commune. I'm excited for where the BwoB and Hound story might be going.
benchmark
AG
quote:
Can't believe the writers actual wrote arya walking around openly in the market, knowing the assassins are after her. No diversion, no plan to draw the waif out. Just Arya suddenly being inexplicably stupid.

Lazy writing.
Agree! (Unless we find out later that this had some purpose we can't see yet)
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Boiling Denim
quote:
Really not sure what people keep *****ing about.
Pretty simple really.

Arya ended episode 6 blowing out the candle in her cubby hole, with needle.

Arya ended episode 8 blowing out the candle in her cubby hole, with needle.

Except in between those two scenes were Arya being stupid and wandering around the market, convienent surgeon moonlighting as a stage-actress, parkour Arya with a gut wound and a T-2000 waif chase scene.

If the waif had strolled into the cubby hole in Episode 6 and got killed by Arya then we end up in the exact same situation except without the hackneyed crap and it's a better story all-around. This is bad writing when you can cut out scenes and make a better story.
Swing Your Saber
Overall so/so episode by GoT standards but still enjoyable. I'll echo a lot of posters saying I'm disappointed with:

Blackfish's off screen death: I liked the character in the books & the actor on the show. I wanted him to escape (preferably w/Briene), or at the very least get to see him die fighting. I also hoped the compromise was Edmure takes his army north. I don't think it is, just my wish.

Aryas Bravos plot & resolution: Just not showing walking around brazenly then getting stabbed & this is three times better. Minor changes. While on the run have an uninjured Arya go meet w/Lady Krane & the Waif shows up while Arya naps, eats, whatever in next room. Everything else the same. Maybe have the Lady Krane murder & Arya fleeing close last week & this week be a bigger chase. However having a (child) trained by the worlds greatest assassins stroll about lackadaisically while on the run from the worlds greatest assassins just seems stupid & lazy. I did not like it.
Swing Your Saber
Exactly!
McInnis 03
AG
Though in the book, Blackfish is still alive isn't he? He snuck out of Riverrun the way they illustrated Brienne sneaking out of Riverrun last night. I don't believe he met his demise so he could turn back up at some point (in the book)
Swing Your Saber
I think Quyburn was referring to Greek Fire (or whatever they call it). There was still large quantities never recovered which went unused in the battle of black water. Plus what he said sounded like an actual thing, not information.
bigbass1170
AG
Maybe Arya was trying to lure the waif out and lead her back to the hideout when she was walking around the markets? Then she let her guard down for a little bit and her initial plan went badly.
Swing Your Saber
I disliked Lady Stoneheart in the books & like the direction the show is going w/the BWBs, & the Hound.

I loved the scene where the Hound negotiates who & how he can kill the deserters.

I wanted Zombie mountain to fight more, but literally ripping a guys head off is enough for now.

I wish we had seen Danney's dragon destroying the fleet, but I imagine they are saving their budget for next week.

Loved Bron & Pod plus the Briene & Jamie interactions.

Jamie established he is still a complex three dimensional character w/his conversations w/Briene & Edmure Tully. I like that.

I liked the Tyrion Varrys exchange. I wonder exactly where/what Varys is doing & if we find out this season.
Swing Your Saber
I hope that is the direction they were going & just failed to convey it. However, I disliked it as presented. As has been said, when you can cut material & make it better that's poor/lazy/filler writing.
McInnis 03
AG
Supposedly the bastard bowl this week will be a full episode devoted soley to that storyline. No other plotlines are going to go with it.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Supposedly the bastard bowl this week will be a full episode devoted soley to that storyline. No other plotlines are going to go with it.
Honestly, I'm dreading next week. Odds are even that it's a draw or Bolton wins. Can't let a Stark come out on top.
bobinator
AG
I'm wondering if Sansa more or less lets Jon's army get killed and then the Knights of the Vale swoop in.
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.