***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,036 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so we are all on board with the idea that:
Cersei gets wildfire, and prepares to
burn KL
Jaime will have to stop her, echoing his killing of the Mad King
And the volanqar theory is fulfilled.
Post removed:
by user
Streetfighter 02
AG
I think people are upset because they tied up a story line in a poor way. Arya can't be a crafty assassin and a brazen idiot at the same time but that's how the show has portrayed the story. They also killed another famed warrior without a great fight. Just a nice succinct off screen death.
ja86
AG
quote:
Strongest season yet and people complain because of one down episode. Hilarious.

You have read or listened to the books, yes. The writers have not.
ja86
AG
quote:
quote:
The writers are losing it the more they move from the source material. It is getting kinda sad....

Yep. At the very least the writers could have introduced several new characters at the beginning of the season, spend a considerable amount of screen time (I am thinking a third of each episode) showing the characters develop, go into great detail in their back story and then just kill them without the character actually doing anything.

That would be much much better than the crap the show writers are doing right now.

It works for you. I think they were lazy. It is all gravey.
chase128
AG
So when Cersei goes to trial for incest and it all comes out will Tommen loose the crown because he's illegitimate?
Stive
AG
Quit trolling the thread. Haven't you already caught a ban for doing that before?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
So when Cersei goes to trial for incest and it all comes out will Tommen loose the crown because he's illegitimate?

I think at this point they'll be more focused on her role in Robert's death. I doubt the HS wants to give up his little puppet.
sbarnett84
AG
The Arya story was good IMO. She had become filled with hate and saw in the Waif what she might become. The faceless man essentially cured her and allowed her to become Arya Stark again. She leaves a whole person with a much better understanding of who she is and what she wants to be.

I think they could've had her a little less clueless when attacked, and the stomach wounds seemed to be much more critical, but it's still a decent story.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

I think at this point they'll be more focused on her role in Robert's death. I doubt the HS wants to give up his little puppet.

What if he kills himself?
bigbass1170
AG
Read the books a few times. I think they've done a great job cutting fat from the books and actually moving the story along. Especially this year. Wish we would've gotten to see the blackfish and the waif's deaths though.
Post removed:
by user
black_hat_ag
quote:
Quit trolling the thread. Haven't you already caught a ban for doing that before?
Oh so we can't talk about negative things now?? I have an opinion and its just as valid as yours. The show is not good. I'm allowed to think that and say that in this thread. This is the GOT thread correct??
ja86
AG
quote:
It is just humorous for people to complain about the show writing after the abortion of the last book. It was bad and inexcusable.

That is a truism.
Furlock Bones
AG
Pretty good episode...except that Arya Stark would have been 100% dead from her stomach wounds.
marble rye
AG
So would The Mountain.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Pretty good episode...except that Arya Stark would have been 100% dead from her stomach wounds.
we have dragons, Giants and zombies, but surviving the stab around is just too much
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Episode was great. Y'all people wanting a Hardhome episode every week are being unrealistic.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
we have dragons, Giants and zombies, but surviving the stab around is just too much

At least "magic" or "this is fantasy" justifies all of those other things. They have treated other wounds more realistically. That river must have been magical.
black_hat_ag
quote:
quote:
quote:

At least "magic" or "this is fantasy" justifies all of those other things. They have treated other wounds more realistically. That river must have been magical.
Ya. The Arya Stark story has been a complete failure. Wasted screen time. I would have rather see the Hound or Snow get that time.
bangobango
AG
quote:
Can't believe the writers actual wrote arya walking around openly in the market, knowing the assassins are after her. No diversion, no plan to draw the waif out. Just Arya suddenly being inexplicably stupid.

Lazy writing.
Lazy writing, or nerdy over-analysis?
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:
Can't believe the writers actual wrote arya walking around openly in the market, knowing the assassins are after her. No diversion, no plan to draw the waif out. Just Arya suddenly being inexplicably stupid.

Lazy writing.

Lazy writing.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lazy writing.

Lazy writing.
I think it's a bunch of nerds coming up with stupid theories for a week being disappointed when their stupid theories didn't pan out.
ja86
AG
quote:
quote:

Lazy writing.
lazy writing
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

Lazy writing.

I don't know that I'd even call it lazy. ****ty or inconsistent maybe.
bangobango
AG
quote:
and that is supposed to look like Arya jumping off that balcony.

She's either going to be magically healed, or a period of time will pass and she will heal naturally, OR it's all a ruse like somebody suggested and she's not really stabbed (least likely, in my opinion).

What isn't going to happen: That's not going to Jaquen acting as Arya. That's not some dupe that Arya made look like her to use as bait.

I think probably Arya will have a cat and mouse showdown with the Waif, at which point she will finally best her and defeat her, probably killing her. The Waif's death will satisfy the requirement for a death and free Arya from any more retribution from the Faceless men. She'll then return to Westerosi where she will use her new skills to somehow profoundly influence the conclusion of the story. I could see them re-introducing her wolf at that point and showing Arya as some powerful assassin/wolf warger combo. That's just a wild ass guess, but I could see them going that way.

A big part of Arya's arch and development has been her going from a helpless little girl to somebody who can hold her own against powerful warriors. I think we will get some kind of payoff from that in the end. I don't think they'll just continue to have somebody bail her out of trouble. At some point they have to show that she has grown and is a formidable character in her own right.
Just going to say, pretty spot on so far.

Personally, I enjoyed the blending of Arya's training from Syrio and her training with the FM. Can't wait to see where they go with that from here.
redline248
AG
So, I think Arya didn't expect the waif to come for her in the previous episode. She seemed surprised/upset with Jaqen when she questioned him tonight. Then after the stab, she gets away and thinks she can hide. After the waif showed up at the actress's place she realized she can't hide and, I think, decided then to lead the waif to her hideout.

She was going on the fly, but when she decided to run she knew right where she wanted to run, and made sure the waif could follow her (smearing blood every where).
bangobango
AG
I thought this episode was badass.

Hound is one of my favorite characters now and has been for awhile in the tv series. Looking forward to see where they go with him.

Jaime shows why he's one of the most confounding characters in the series. His treatment with Tully while he was a prisoner showed why ultimately, why he is a MFer and needs to die, but then the sentimental moments with Breinne remind you of why he's likable as hell. In the end, I think his "curse" of loving a ***** like Cersei will end with his justifiable death before it's all said and done.

Bronn and Podd was great.

Tyrion and Varys should get a spin-off show. Bosom Buddies 2.

Thought the scene with Tyrion and the slaves was a waste of time. Wish they'd cut those scenes out.

Mereen under attack. Dany back with dragons and a horde of Dothraki riders is going to be interesting. And presumably the Iron fleet will show up shortly to lend a hand.

Thought the scene with the Waif chasing Arya and Arya going all Syrio/blind Arya on her was badass. Loved seeing her put Needle in Jaquen's chest and telling him what's up. She's going to go back to Westerosi and kill somebody significant (or save somebody important) before it's all said and done.

The Hound's character has gone from a heartless ******* to somebody who is maybe going to fight for a cause. Arya has gone from somebody obsessed with revenge to somebody who knows who she is and wants to maintain the core of herself.

Enjoyable episode, in my opinion. Looking forward to next week's ******* Bowl, though if there is one thing I think the writers are getting wrong in all of this, it is they have to start making Jon look like a formidable foe and not a pushover. I hope this episode shows him to be a brilliant general or a fearsome warrior. If they just keep him as the guy who over-thinks things, then it's going to be hard to spin him as a "prince who was promised" when it's all said and done (though i think that role is going to be split between him and Dany).
redline248
AG
Maybe if we are all really lucky, the time Arya has been in Bravos happened concurrently with the time Sansa was in the Eyrie, and she's already made her way back home, went to the Umbers and is pretending to be Rickon, and she gets to say "surprise mother f.cker."

However, we won't be lucky, she'll get ship wrecked on the way home and Ramsay kills Jon and every wildling, takes Sansa home and keeps her tied to the bed, has a son to continue his b.stard line, and gives every other son to the white walkers so they leave Winterfell alone.
PatAg
AG
Exactly, Jon is generally presented to be an awesome swordsman in the books. I think we are also led to believe that Ned taught him warfare just as well as he taught Rob.

At least we know we are getting a badass battle next episode.
InternetFan02
AG
Brienne never had a chance to raise the Tully army for Sansa. Littlefinger knew exactly what he was doing when he told her about Blackfish holding riverrun. He's back in the game
AgLiving06
Only thing I haven't seen mentioned here is the comments between Cersei and whoever the guy working with her is.

Seems like they may have found some dirt on the HS.

I think Cersei dies, but not yet...her "trial" is going to expose a lot of secrets I think.
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
Only thing I haven't seen mentioned here is the comments between Cersei and whoever the guy working with her is.

Seems like they may have found some dirt on the HS.

I think Cersei dies, but not yet...her "trial" is going to expose a lot of secrets I think.

I think Qyburn found the wildfire reserves.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I thought the episode overall was decent. A few disappointing pieces, but I wouldn't call it a bad episode. I enjoyed the hour. A lower episode of game of thrones is still better than the best episode of pretty much anything else on tv.
Boiling Denim
I think it's pretty clear we can stop making wild arse predictions now with D&D in full control of the story. Where GRRM seems to get off on misdirection and subtleness D&D are getting people from point A to point B as quickly as possible and damn reasons and sometimes logic.

This may be for the best in the end
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.