***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,084 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's Syrio.
nikator
AG
These guys do some of the best game of Thrones analysis..their analysis of Episode 7 is below

Had not heard the Tormund/Maege speculation before...some interesting take on Arya
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
ChipFTAC01
AG
Give me Wun Wun in the paint
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
pretty much all the Arya theories we've discussed here.

but yeah i had never heard that Tormund/Maege theory before. Wow!

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Hodor on defense!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RIP
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
The shadowy figure also looks like it's digitally inserted into the photo or else the lighting is really bizarre. It's not just a shadow because it has some details you can see.

They've done digital edits to promo material before. Last season Tyrian was edited out of previews showing everyone in the fighting pits as the harpys attacked

That doesn't look like a shadow to me. It looks like someone in the shadows (there's a shadowy hand of someone else back and to the right too).
WoMD
quote:
quote:
quote:
The shadowy figure also looks like it's digitally inserted into the photo or else the lighting is really bizarre. It's not just a shadow because it has some details you can see.

They've done digital edits to promo material before. Last season Tyrian was edited out of previews showing everyone in the fighting pits as the harpys attacked

That doesn't look like a shadow to me. It looks like someone in the shadows (there's a shadowy hand of someone else back and to the right too).

I think you're right. Just looking at the hair, it looks like there's some light reflecting off some of it.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
What about that whole plotline with the Bankers of Braavos? lol Wasn't that supposed to go somewhere?
just a device to send a victim to Arya.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, what's the source on that wiki? One can argue he already took a bribe when he made a deal with Cersei to reinstate that faith militant. That was a political move.
What was the bribe? She offered him to reinstate the faith militant and he accepted. If she did it intending to get in his good graces, then she was mistaken because he soon had her behind bars.
she reinstated the Faith Militant in exchange for forgiveness of the Crown's large debt to the Faith.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Totally agree that Gendry's purpose is to work Valerian steel - he's one of the few smiths in Westeros who's done it. Back when I thought these books would be relatively linear, I thought that was the obvious reason he was headed for the Wall. Now, who knows what he'll do - but I think it has to do with Valerian steel all the same.
Gendry's master re-worked Ice into the two new Lannister swords, but Gendry was just one of dozens of apprentices in his shop. Is there any textual evidence that Gendry assisted with the Valyeian steel?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
But is the Hound a knight?
No. He is adamant about that fact.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
WHY IS THE SHOW SO CASUAL ABOUT JON SNOW COMING BACK TO LIFE????

not a SINGLE scene has dealt with the disbelief or awe of him being alive since the couple of scenes with davos and edd at the wall.
The only people who knew he had died also saw him rise. My guess is that most folks question the rumor that he had died. Of course, that would make him a desserter, and no one seems concerned about that either.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Arya frolicking through the city made no sense at all. The last time we saw her, she was hugging needle in the sewers.
Yeah, I want an explanation for this. She was shown going into hiding and suddenly she decides it's safe to roam the streets.
"Arya" was also carrying great bulging bags of specie, which she had no history of having.

That was not Arya.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
The actress Arya saved may ha e given her some stage props to help make her wound look worse than it is.
Did you see that troupe's idea of stage props for eviscerated intestines and a beheaded cranium?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
In all of her scenes, Lady Crane is wearing a rather large pendant. Any chance this could be something akin to what the red priestesses wear?

No. Red priestesses wear large rubies rumored to have fallen out of Rhaegor's shield at BoT.
Battle of the Trident was less than twenty years ago. The Red God cult has existed somewhat longer than that. In fact, Mel has been wearing HER ruby lots longer than that.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
No one has mentioned it but I'm pretty sure the tree with the circular stones aminating from it is the tree they were in with the TER.

So
I think they were already near by
Completely different tree
KidDoc
AG
quote:
These guys do some of the best game of Thrones analysis..their analysis of Episode 7 is below

Had not heard the Tormund/Maege speculation before...some interesting take on Arya
Thanks for the link that is a good summary.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So ready to see the Waif die horribly.
Stive
AG
If you're going to troll, try being a bit more subtle about it.
black_hat_ag
quote:
If you're going to troll, try being a bit more subtle about it.
Everyone is speculating about Arya. My thoughts are speculation as well obviously.

Do you not think it might happen? Please be civil and lets discuss.
AgLiving06
I choose violence
black_hat_ag
Boom!!!!!

This sets up perfectly for a Arya/Hound reunion. She is going home. He is going to fight white walkers. Holy Cow!!!

This is cray cray!!!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Pretty good episode

Kind of disappointed in the way the blackfish went out. A cool character that died offscreen? (or did he?)

Glad Arya is going home and that was a great conclusion, but what really was the point of her story line here then?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that was anticlimactic. All those theories for nothing, plus we don't even get to see the fight.

I called her using the dark but I figured it was a plan from the get go. Doesn't seem like it was.

Also, it seems that whole Riverrun storyline went nowhere.

Oh, and no Cleganebowl? ******* it Tommen.
boboguitar
AG
Cleganebowl is canceled.
Texags is garbage
Damn, no Arya vs. Waif fight conclusion AND zero screen time of the battle at Riverrun??
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Glad Arya is going home and that was a great conclusion, but what really was the point of her story line here then?

To become a bad ass. I just hope she actually gets to use her skills back in Westeros and not just show everyone that she's alive and tough.
Pignorant
AG
The trailer for ******* bowl though!
terradactylexpress
Really awful episode.

No lsh
Weak ass finish for house of b&w
Tully son still a giant *****
FightinTexasAg15
AG
1) Cleganebowl has been cancelled
2) Didn't show Arya kill the waif
3) Didn't show the blackfish's final battle
4) brief nudity warning was for a brief shot of the hound's ****

Well then.
Texags is garbage
I've stayed out of all Game of Thrones threads over the years, but can't resist at this point. This show kind of sucks now that they don't have any source material to work with.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
In all of her scenes, Lady Crane is wearing a rather large pendant. Any chance this could be something akin to what the red priestesses wear?

No. Red priestesses wear large rubies rumored to have fallen out of Rhaegor's shield at BoT.
Battle of the Trident was less than twenty years ago. The Red God cult has existed somewhat longer than that. In fact, Mel has been wearing HER ruby lots longer than that.

Where is it stated that the priestesses have been wearing them all their lives? It's the magic in the Ruby that makes her appear young. Just bc she's been around doesn't mean she didn't acquire the Ruby 20 years ago. It's just a theory.

And it would be awesome if all the priestesses were old nasties that wore the Ruby to appear young to get them in with powerful men.
jenn96
AG
It's a dumb theory.

Sorry, not trying to be a B. But I just don't think it;s a very good theory. It's not supported by the text and it's a classic "I am obsessed by ASOIAF and I haven't had sex in 8 years and I'm going to post a 15,000 word theory on something no one has ever through of before because I am awesome!!! And also high" theory.
marble rye
AG
Well aren't we all a bunch of peaches tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.