***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,101 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Arya will obviously kill the Waif & then probably head to Westeros. Then I could see Jaqen H'ghar coming after her and somehow Arya either kills him or wins her freedom from the Faceless Men by doing something so badass that Jaqen just lets her go.
Why do i think Arya killing the Waif is what Jaqen has in mind anyway? "One way or another, a face will be added to the list", or whatever he said. I wonder if he ultimately WANTS Arya to kill the Waif.

Just spitballin....
jenn96
AG
Jaime probably thinks Sansa had something to do with Joffrey's death, and she's married to his brother while having married another man (I know their marriage wasn't consumated but i don't know if it's been formally annulled either). I don't see him being a member of the Sansa fan club.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So, anyone think Brienne can possibly persuade Jaime and his army to ride to Winterfell?
I think the Jaime will capture Riverrun & then be forced to return south when Dany's All-Stars stark to conquer the South. I wonder where Dorne will wind up in all this.... I would assume the join the Dany as they absolutely hate the Lannisters.
Didn't Jaime send Brienne to find Arya and Sansa? He might be willing to go help Sansa take Winterfell. Might feel the obligation as part of the deal he made when Catelyn let him go. Would be pretty interesting to see how Jon and Sansa react to him offering help.
If it happens, I could see Sansa taking the place of Stoneheart and telling Brienne to execute Jamie to prove her loyalty. Although I don't know if Sansa is quite that coldhearted yet.
Farmer1906
AG
A southern army heading north. It worked great for Stannis. I'm sure Jamie will have no problem.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was he banished from KL? Do we know if he inherits Casterly Rock at this point?
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
to things wasn't that big of a surprise... he was really the only option left for Bran's rescue in the north. He said that he was saved from death by the Children of the Forest by the same method they used to create the white walkers. Does this mean that he is partially a WW or at the very least, not all human?

He is Coldhands from the book, I think that is very clear. The prevailing theory on Coldhands has always been that he is Benjen and something happened to him to ha he him. Remember that Coldhnds can't go south of the wall so he is very clearly no longer human.
Boiling Denim
Have a feeling Sam will do some CSI reverse engineering on Heartsbane to find out how to forge Valeryian Steel. imo this is pretty much his great purpose in the series and what he will be known for.

I think the order of KL deaths will go something like

CleganeBowl
Cersei kills Margery
Tommen suicide
Cersei goes crazy
Jaime kills Cersei. Thinking Mad King Part Deuce.
Jaime???

This will leave KL without any active ruler for Dany to swoop in with little or no resistance early next season if there is a KL left.
redline248
AG
quote:
A southern army heading north. It worked great for Stannis. I'm sure Jamie will have no problem.
It would likely depend on if Jaime and the Blackfish become allies. I can't see them becoming allies, though. Blackfish is bound to have heard about Roose saying "Jaime Lanister sends his regards" just before killing Robb.

By the way, how disappointing was it that we didn't get to see some sparrows murdered in King's Landing?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We may yet.

redline248
AG
what a great find!
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
He is Coldhands from the book, I think that is very clear.
That is very much NOT clear. Unless Benjen was severly disfigured, Bran should have recognized his uncle. Or even if his face remained shrouded the ENTIRE time he was with Bran, there's a quote from Leaf that states Coldhands "was killed long ago." For a child of the forest who is ~200yrs old, I wouldn't expect 3-4 years to be considered a long time.

Combine that with the fact that GRRM has outright declared Coldhands to not be Benjen, there is actually no evidence to suggest they are the same person in the book.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
In the post episode discussion thing with Benioff and Weiss, they referred to him as Coldhands Benjen. So maybe in the books they are two different people, but I think for the show they are the same
M.C. Swag
AG
Obviously, the SHOW has combined them. My post was in response to BigAggie and his statement about Benjen being cold hands in the BOOKS.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Gotcha. Yeah, as far as books go nothing has been confirmed, and GRRM has stated they are not the same. For whatever that's worth.
lne2011
AG
quote:
Obviously, the SHOW has combined them. My post was in response to BigAggie and his statement about Benjen being cold hands in the BOOKS.
This is my exact thought. They have to consolidate a lot of story lines in order to make the show progress. It's like what they did with:

- Jorah/Connington's grey scale.
- Victarion sailing a head of Euron seems to be Theon and Yara instead.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
How many ships did Theon & his butch sister take, and how many ships did Euron demand be built? 1,000? Honestly can't remember.

And Dany was just told she'd need 1,000...
It wasn't clear how many Theon and Yara took; the fastest this, apparently. It did look like a sheet load though, if not 1000. I guess the areas near the Iron Islands are about to have a lot less trees along the coastline.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Have a feeling Sam will do some CSI reverse engineering on Heartsbane to find out how to forge Valeryian Steel. imo this is pretty much his great purpose in the series and what he will be known for.

I think the order of KL deaths will go something like

CleganeBowl
Cersei kills Margery
Tommen suicide
Cersei goes crazy
Jaime kills Cersei. Thinking Mad King Part Deuce.
Jaime???

This will leave KL without any active ruler for Dany to swoop in with little or no resistance early next season if there is a KL left.
I hadn't even considered this. A lot of people think that Sam's purpose is to find/discover/create something that will help battle the WW, but this would be at least one way to do it (maybe it's the show's version but not the same for the books). It would be awesome for someone like him to accomplish something like this too.
OnlyForNow
AG
I guess we haven't seen any siege weapons or cannons besides on ships right (have we seen cannons at all?).

I'm trying to think how it best to use the valaryian steel if Sam is successful in figuring out how to craft it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

I'm trying to think how it best to use the valaryian steel if Sam is successful in figuring out how to craft it.

I'd say against the white walkers is the best way to use it
OnlyForNow
AG
I'll give you a soft clap because I actually chuckled.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Valyrian steel tipped arrows/bolts/spears?

You get maximum efficiency that way. One or two well-aimed shots per WW.
FIDO95
AG
quote:
quote:

I'd say against the white walkers is the best way to use it
He should find a way (or a craftsman) to melt down Heartsbane (a big F*** you to pops) into arrowheads and let the best archers in Westros pick off the WW at range. I think the wights "die" if the WW that rose them is killed and that would tilt the battle into man's favor.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a solid idea!
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I think the wights "die" if the WW that rose them is killed and that would tilt the battle into man's favor.
Where does this theory come from? First I've heard of it.
JonSnow
Littlefinger is the next to sit on the Iron Throne. Don't ask me how. That is who Danny will face. And maybe who Arya takes out?
OnlyForNow
AG
Kinda my thought with siege weapons, except he doesn't have to melt Heart's Bane down to do it.

He might have to destroy the sword to figure it all out, but I think he'll figure out how to craft it or something. Couple that with arrows or catapults and you have a winning formula for beating them from a distance.
Post removed:
by user
bkag9824
AG
I thought various previews have shown Bron?
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
With everyone getting excited about a possible return of a zombie lady stark I have a hard time believing no one has commented on Jamie mentioning Bron. He is easily one of the best side characters and comic relief in the show. It would be great if he finds a way back into the mix.

Last weeks preview after the episode clearly shows Bronn with Jamie.

Not a spoiler sorry previews don't count. It's too pervasive.
Post removed:
by user
InternetFan02
AG
They re-introduced multiple Freys this episode so it would be ideal to bring back Lady Stoneheart by having her execute one of them
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'm really still doubting the LSH myself.

The books are so much more expansive and the few resurrections are not "too much"....but in the show with limited time we've already had:

Jon Stark - by a red priestess
Euron from the Drowned God - albeit rather quickly after his "death"
Benjen - by the COTF effectively using magic anyway
The Mountain Zombie - by some weird maesters forbidden methods

if we presume we have the Hound (??? maybe not so much a resurrection, but still back from MIA) which even in the books is strongly hinted at......

just seems a little cheap to suddenly have LSH who by the way was resurrected 3 years ago....wwe just didn't show you that.

Much more likely I think to have Sansa take that role of revenge on the Freys because she is in a position to do that whereas book Sansa was not.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My thoughts exactly. Eventually it gets to the point where all deaths aren't nearly as impactful as they should be.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
I'm really still doubting the LSH myself.

The books are so much more expansive and the few resurrections are not "too much"....but in the show with limited time we've already had:

Jon Stark
Euron from the Drowned God - albeit rather quickly after his "death"
Benjen by the COTF effectively using magic anyway

if we presume we have the Hound (??? maybe not so much a resurrection, but still back from MIA) which even in the books is strongly hinted at......

just seems a little cheap to suddenly have LSH who by the way was resurrected 3 years ago....wwe just didn't show you that.

Much more likely I think to have Sansa take that role of revenge on the Freys because she is in a position to do that whereas book Sansa was not.

While I agree that seeing LSH is unlikely I don't know if we can say it's because of the time table. Coldhands/Benjen was introduced way earlier in the books then what just happened in the show. So they're obviously okay bringing people in later if it fits their narrative.

But I agree with you on the fact that Sansa's story line seems to be taking a LSH type role, and she could be the show's version minus the dead/resurrected part.
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.