***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,189 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This might have been mentioned already, but the best part of last night's episode was far and away the long, extended eye-****ing brienne received from tormund
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That is what I am saying as well.
redline248
AG
quote:
This might have been mentioned already, but the best part of last night's episode was far and away the long, extended eye-****ing brienne received from tormund
Yes it was. Tormund is so damn awesome. Even Edd was looking at him like, "damn dude."
BallerStaf2003
AG
Thanks. Didn't mean to incite a political riot on here. Not sure how anyone doesn't see something so obvious.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:
i don't think you have to know EVERYONEs names especially on the show only thread.

but DANY and TYRION and ARYA....three of the most central recurring characters????

I get not knowing Jorah from Barristan Selmy perhaps...or the various hardly seen or mentioned other northern families (umbers, karstarks) or the extended Greyjoy family, etc. But he was asking about the midget and dragon lady????

It is also hard to take the opinion of someone who knows nobody's names seriously when he is calling out the show (during a great season and lots of action) and offers only "this sucks" and the "fire was cheesy" comments.

anyway enough about him....moving on.

He was a troll, you don't say Dragon Lady after six seasons.

Side bar.

Do you think the Lannisters, with info from Tommen are planning something more than taking out the High Sparrow and crew? What exactly was shared with Tommen and Cerci? That Margery was going to atone, or something else?
Lannisters always pay their debt and I don't see them teaming up with the Tyrells just to get rid of the faith. Something more is at play here.
This is a question I have. Are we to assume that Tommen has had other conversations with the HS that weren't shown? Because I don't remember the conversation on the show being revealing of anything.
MW03
AG
I didn't see Loras acting like that under torture having anything to do with him being gay.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Yes it was. Tormund is so damn awesome. Even Edd was looking at him like, "damn dude."
So, does she have any interest in the biggest member north of the Wall? Inquiring minds, etc
annie88
AG
quote:
It is f-cked up. That's how the show portrays him, and the show relegated him to being just the gay guy. Not the viewers.
See that's interesting because as someone who hasn't read the books and just binge watched all five seasons a few weeks ago, I just saw him being gay as a minor thing, but I'm not looking to be offended or compare to his character in a book. He's gay, he sleeps with men, and uses his sexuality to get what he wants, which, btw , isn't a gay thing only. He also schemed with Renly, founght bravely, almost got married to Cersi and then got busted with his sister to prove some ****ed up point of Cersi's and then it backfired on her.

I think ya'll are the ones who are so caught up in his gayness and thinking he's just been relegated as the 'gay guy' or somehow slighted. I didn't see it that way at all. I truly didn't.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:
quote:
It is f-cked up. That's how the show portrays him, and the show relegated him to being just the gay guy. Not the viewers.
See that's interesting because as someone who hasn't read the books and just binge watched all five seasons a few weeks ago, I just saw him being gay as a minor thing, but I'm not looking to be offended or compare to his character in a book. He's gay, he sleeps with men, and uses his sexuality to get what he wants, which, btw , isn't a gay thing only. He also schemed with Renly, founght bravely, almost got married to Cersi and then got busted with his sister to prove some ****ed up point of Cersi's and then it backfired on her.

I think ya'll are the ones who are so caught up in his gayness and thinking he's just been relegated as the 'gay guy' or somehow slighted. I didn't see it that way at all. I truly didn't.

So you haven't even read the books and you're the main one arguing against my point?
annie88
AG
I'm sorry I'm so apparently stupid that I didn't see him as just a gay guy. I see him as much more. My bad for treating him as a person, not a gay person.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

Understand your point, but this IS the "book readers" thread. We can hardly be faulted for making the comparison.
redline248
AG
quote:
See that's interesting because as someone who hasn't read the books
This is the biggest difference, for me. Because of the books, the change in his character is so glaring. He has no depth of character in the show. None.
Al Bula
AG
Don't know if it has already been covered but I foresee Lancel killing Kevan rather than Varys' little birds.

Also liked that the kingsmoot is not totally out of the picture. I know it gets the most hate, but AFFC was a very satisfying read when I read it the second time.

I just wish the damn books would hurry up and get written.
La Bamba
AG
So is it safe to assume that Sansa and Jon know everything that has happened to each other? I believe this was hinted at during the conversation, but a few things that bothered me if this assumption is true about the dynamic of their new relationship:

1. If Jon truly knows everything that Ramsay did to Sansa, I feel like that would have been enough to decide to tear his head off. And the letter wouldn't have had to be what finally swayed him to do it.
2. If Sansa truly understands that Jon has been brought back to life, killed a white Walker and been an absolute bad ass the last couple of years, she should be in awe of her brother, realize that he special and that she needs him to take back the North. Not say something stupid like "If you don't help me I'll do it myself"....
redline248
AG
quote:
So is it safe to assume that Sansa and Jon know everything that has happened to each other? I believe this was hinted at during the conversation, but a few things that bothered me if this assumption is true about the dynamic of their new relationship:

1. If Jon truly knows everything that Ramsay did to Sansa, I feel like that would have been enough to decide to tear his head off. And the letter wouldn't have had to be what finally swayed him to do it.
2. If Sansa truly understands that Jon has been brought back to life, killed a white Walker and been an absolute bad ass the last couple of years, she should be in awe of her brother, realize that he special and that she needs him to take back the North. Not say something stupid like "I'll do it myself"....
I think it's possible that Sansa didn't reveal all the stuff that happened, but who knows. Jon, probably wants vengeance against Ramsay, but he's come a long way from riding off in the middle of the night fueled by emotion.

As to Sansa, she's grown a lot as a character, but she's not immune to being stupid. I think it's possible the show is setting us up to see her get knocked down another peg. She's in too big a hurry to go back, after being so scared when she first escaped.
Urban Ag
AG
Actually the gayness in the show is one of my few complaints I have with HBO. It's not that there is gay or bi characters, it's just the way HBO has gone way out of their way to make it prominent, when it wasn't in the books, at all. It's obviously an agenda item for them injected in to a fantasy series that has absolutely no need to invoke social commentary. Especially when you consider that Martin's GOT (the books) is an incredibly gritty, often just flat out ugly, story that involves literally every social injustice you can think of. Again, no objection to having gay characters but it has just become so forced.

And I agree that book Loras was a badass with brass ones whereas show Loras is kind of a petty, whiny, ****. They really whiffed on that.
titanmaster_race
Agree.

Neither Brienne not Sansa are like "what, you were dead???? HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?"

Seems like the resurrection thing is being taken way too lightly by the show so far.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:
I'm sorry I'm so apparently stupid that I didn't see him as just a gay guy. I see him as much more. My bad for treating him as a person, not a gay person.

I was comparing his character in the books to his character in the show. You can put the blinders on all you want due to your political affiliations, but show Loras is driven by sex and greed. Complete opposite of the books.
Btron
AG
Loras also is a barber. He shaved Renly with peanut butter
BallerStaf2003
AG
Agreed. My point is that I preferred he was a gay character who was a warrior. The show has made it all about his gayness, and that's a shame.
annie88
AG
It says books/spoilers allowed, but thought it was still about the show.

I've heard that about several characters from the book and show, but he's the one some are getting upset by, I guess cause he's gay and the slight is seen as worse somehow.

There's a guy in my office that has read all the books and loves the show. During my binge watching I'd come in the next day and discuss with him and he's constantly tell me well, this isn't in the show or they did that differently in the book. Especially with characters I didn't like and he'd tell me they were different in the book. We still discuss on Monday's now and I like the input but I still base my feelings on the show.

I just see more outrage because he's gay. I don't really differentiate them between straight people. They can be awful, tacky, weak, strong, noble, gallant, etc. just the same way. But if this argument was how he differed from the books more than him being a gay guy, okay. But it veered into gays always get shafted, with which I don't agree. I see being gay as just part of who someone is. And even then, I don't really care, it's their life.

quote:
Agreed. My point is that I preferred he was a gay character who was a warrior. The show has made it all about his gayness, and that's a shame.
And I didn't see it that way at all.

But, fine, I'll let it go and get back to the story.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Did anyone else get the vibe last night that Cersei put the final nail in Tommen's coffin?

When he confided in Cersei that Margery is going to take the walk of atonement, she wasn't supposed to tell anyone. She immediately tells the council, and they are bringing an army that will play directly into the high sparrow's hands.

she keeps trying to keep the prophecy from happening, but her arrogance and ignorance causes her to continuously speed up the process.

Anyone agree? Any other thoughts/
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Agree.

Seems like the resurrection thing is being taken way too lightly by the show so far.
He only died a few days ago. It takes weeks to ride from Winterfell to Castle Black. How could she know?
BallerStaf2003
AG
Nobody said that gays get shafted once. I just said they made him a shameful stereotype, and it was different from the books. You're the one who politicized it and went on a huge tangent.

Thing is, I agree with you. I'd prefer it not be about him being gay at all, and it was just an aspect of himself. Like the Loras in the books you didn't read.
annie88
AG
Oh, I thought he told Cersi that the grandma killed Joeffry. My bad.

I was defending Tommon initially being young and innocent but now he's getting on my nerves, him dying might not be so bad now. I'm glad Jamie and Cersi are going behind his back to revenge the religious jerks.

I think this will also backfire on Cersi in some way, but if it kills the sparrows, it could be good.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Things are going so quickly that him explaining how he died and all that is just an assumption we are going to have to make. I'm sure the books will have a much deeper conversation with Sansa regarding his resurrection. Show has no time.

Our lives have sucked.

We shouldn't have left.

We are not safe.

We must get Wintrfell back.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Was that the secret? that grandma killed Joffrey?

I thought it was Margery's walk of atonement. If so, she immediately betrayed him.

I think a lot of people will die in the upcoming confrontation with the high sparrow. Probably Loras and Margery, Tommen will also be dead before the season ends.
annie88
AG
quote:
Nobody said that gays get shafted once. I just said they made him a shameful stereotype, and it was different from the books. You're the one who politicized it and went on a huge tangent.

Thing is, I agree with you. I'd prefer it not be about him being gay at all, and it was just an aspect of himself. Like the Loras in the books you didn't read.
I get it now and I was probably a bit rude, I'm sorry. Got off on another issue, goes back to the Walking Dead complaints. I hope he survives the jail though. I'm glad Margery isn't falling for their crap, I thought for a minute last night she was. Funny how their relationship is kind-of mirroring Theon and Yara in that she's the strong one and he's weak now.
titanmaster_race
There were plenty of tidbits in conversation that should have made her ask about what happened.

When he gets handed Ramsay's letter and says "I'm not LC anymore. "

When he talks about how he fought and lost

Generally, how the rest of the people at castle black should be acting towards/around Jon
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Don't know if it has already been covered but I foresee Lancel killing Kevan rather than Varys' little birds.

Also liked that the kingsmoot is not totally out of the picture. I know it gets the most hate, but AFFC was a very satisfying read when I read it the second time.

I just wish the damn books would hurry up and get written.
Agreed that AFFC is much better on the second read. But I literally read the first four books back to back so by the time you get to AFFC, after digesting the pure awesomeness that ASOS was, it felt like driving at 100 mph then slamming it in to reverse. Anyway........

SO the Kingsmoot. Having trouble seeing the significance of adding this back in to the series. What other role could it play other than to put the Ironborn's fleet in to play to return Dany and her army to Westeros? And if that really is the end game for this story line, seems like they could have just avoided burning the Mereen fleet. Especially when you consider that after last night, seems Dany is commanding more power than ever when she potentially marches back to Mereen with 100,000 screamers at her back.
BallerStaf2003
AG
No problem at all! Appreciate the apology.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Agree.

Agreed. My wife was providing commentary last night and when Sansa was needling Jon to fight the Boltons she was all "beeotch, I was just raised from dead, tap the f***ing brakes"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think it's purely to establish what a badass Euron is. And maybe introduce the Valyrian Horn
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Dude, book Loras volunteered for the Westorosi equivalent of being in the first landing craft at Omaha. I get your point.
redline248
AG
I posted about that before. What was the point of having her gain possession of all the ships in Mereen, if you're just going to burn them 2 seasons later?

There is no telling what direction the show is going to take with Asha (Yara) and Theon. I doubt very much they have her winning the kingsmoot.
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.