***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,277 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
What's the deal with Dany's hair not burning?

It's her conditioner....
Maybe it's Maybelline.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
On a side note it's funny to see how far Sansa has come from this scene. She goes from, "Daddy don't let the mean Mountain hurt Loras." to "The North is ours and we have to win it back and save Rickon because we're the Starks."
I loved this. Sansa finally growing some balls, or maybe getting the ones that Jon seems to have lost.
She's had them for a while now, but showing in being intelligent and never pushing her situations to be even worse than they have been. Now, the difference is she wants to not on survive but fight back.

I also loved when she apologized to Jon for treating him badly. She knows how far she's come now. I also just loved the scene when they saw each other again. Finally, two of the siblings finally get to meet again.

I'm also ready for the religious freaks to get theirs and get it badly. They all suck ass.

Great show last night.

OnlyForNow
AG
I would say that "burned hands" in this case just means the soot or char from the meat got on them.

Or it literally means, burned, but doesn't imply pain or actual affect.

You can burn a penny, but nothing happens to it... besides getting hot.
rainbow_aggie
quote:
I'm also ready for the religious freaks to get theirs and get it badly. They all suck ass.

I'm so ready for this to happen!!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Staff: It's time to unlock the Show only thread. There was a troll, he was called out, and that was it. No reason to lock it. There is discussion to be had.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Judging by the last dozen or so posts, my guess is black_hat_ag got tired of being called out and killed the thread on purpose.
Huh? Background?
I read most of it. I didn't see any reason to lock that thread. Black_hat basically said he didn't like this season compared to the previous. A few people called him an idiot. From what I can remember Blackhat never attacked anyone.

Very strange that staph would lock an entire thread. Very sensitive I guess.

Yes it was civil (at least when I went to bed). He was an idiot but really just an idiot not trolling I guess.

And if it was for calling him out I think I would have been banned. I was the one really chastising him initially, then I relented when he came around on the show wasn't "that bad" - lol. I explained some things to him and that was my last post, he even thanked me for the answers. He seemed to have ZERO recall ability of even just a couple of episodes prior, much less anyones names. Weird.

It must have been something after 1 am last night though, and has been deleted.

Boiling Denim
Here this should explain everything

redline248
AG
quote:
Staff: It's time to unlock the Show only thread. There was a troll, he was called out, and that was it. No reason to lock it. There is discussion to be had.
I almost started a new thread with the title Show Thread, and purposely omit the "only"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well there seems to be cleanup going on now. Hopefully we're back up soon.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Well yes I now see evidence of some cleanup on the show only thread.

Look at MY post at 11:22 pm it replies to a post by the black_hat_ag guy and THAT post is now deleted. It was a completely harmless post too...he was actually coming around in that post, thats where he thanked me for answers and admitted the show wasn't that bad. Certainly not thread locking or even ban worthy...IMHO.

I'd say he got enough people flagging his posts that mods just deleted some of them and banned him for 24 hours or something.

For the record I never flagged any of his posts. I was trying to figure him out. Maybe it was a waste of time though.

wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
I almost started a new thread with the title Show Thread, and purposely omit the "only"
The hate this could have started. I like it
rainbow_aggie
I don't think he was really trolling though. :/ I mean ya he didn't know all of the character names, but who does except for the most rabid of fans. Some people don't keep up with it that close. I don't know all the names and sometimes have to use context clues to help me remember. "so and so's mother or brother or whatever"

He basically gave his opinion, and then everyone started "calling him out".

But what do I know. I'm still shocked that thread was locked... even after the mods deleted everything...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good morrow, sock.
wangus12
AG
I mean we are 6 seasons into the show and the main storylines as well as the characters in them have been around since at least Season 4. Shouldn't be that hard to know the characters names by now.
pb488
AG
quote:
Has there ever been middle ground when it comes to being gay on HBO? You're either cool gay or victim gay. Poor Loras, Renly got to be cool gay.
omar little was badass gay
BallerStaf2003
AG
loras is in jail bc he's gay, and everything about his character on the show revolves around him being gay.

But you're saying it's not bc he's gay an to stop making it political?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i don't think you have to know EVERYONEs names especially on the show only thread.

but DANY and TYRION and ARYA....three of the most central recurring characters????

I get not knowing Jorah from Barristan Selmy perhaps...or the various hardly seen or mentioned other northern families (umbers, karstarks) or the extended Greyjoy family, etc. But he was asking about the midget and dragon lady????

It is also hard to take the opinion of someone who knows nobody's names seriously when he is calling out the show (during a great season and lots of action) and offers only "this sucks" and the "fire was cheesy" comments.

anyway enough about him....moving on.

rainbow_aggie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He asked who the soldier was that follows around Cersei.

Btron
AG
quote:
i don't think you have to know EVERYONEs names especially on the show only thread.

but DANY and TYRION and ARYA....three of the most central recurring characters????

I get not knowing Jorah from Barristan Selmy perhaps...or the various hardly seen or mentioned other northern families (umbers, karstarks) or the extended Greyjoy family, etc. But he was asking about the midget and dragon lady????

It is also hard to take the opinion of someone who knows nobody's names seriously when he is calling out the show (during a great season and lots of action) and offers only "this sucks" and the "fire was cheesy" comments.

anyway enough about him....moving on.

He was a troll, you don't say Dragon Lady after six seasons.

Side bar.

Do you think the Lannisters, with info from Tommen are planning something more than taking out the High Sparrow and crew? What exactly was shared with Tommen and Cerci? That Margery was going to atone, or something else?
Lannisters always pay their debt and I don't see them teaming up with the Tyrells just to get rid of the faith. Something more is at play here.
AggieHank86
AG
I suspect that most of us on this thread watch this program in a quiet, empty room and with minimal interruptions ... trying to catch all of the nuance. For instance, I admit to rewinding a dozen times per episode, in order to catch all of the dialogue.

Is it possible that someone might just watch it in the background, like Big Bang Theory or something?

chase128
AG
quote:
quote:
On a side note it's funny to see how far Sansa has come from this scene. She goes from, "Daddy don't let the mean Mountain hurt Loras." to "The North is ours and we have to win it back and save Rickon because we're the Starks."
I loved this. Sansa finally growing some balls, or maybe getting the ones that Jon seems to have lost.
While Jon was hesitant, I think it was from caution not fear. He knows they are outnumbered and the North may not be happy with him riding with Wildlings even if it is to defeat Ramsay.

He also just died and saw nothing after death. Probably shook him up pretty good.
annie88
AG
And Margery is in for protecting her brother, Cersi was in for an incestuous relationship and other things.what's the difference really why they're there? The religious freaks were going to pin anything they could on them, his was because he was gay because they got that guy he slept with to testify. But you make it sound that his every move as a character is because he's gay and now he's weak and blah, blah. He's going through something awful, he was broken. He is also a kick ass swordsman (and jouster/athletic) just like Jamie was. Remember when Jamie was beaten down and lost his ****ing hand? **** happens.

I hope they'll have him get out with Margery and take serious vengence on the religious freaks. But you're more upset that a gay character isn't being developed the way YOU think he should because you're gay. He's no different than any other character in my eyes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What is the HS's end game? This is not really about religion and atonement, he doesn't really give a **** about that or he would've taken Jamie in by now.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Those events happened in the books. Loras was a warrior in the books, not a huge ***** who drank himself silly.

I think you're politicizing this when there's no need. Not gonna argue about it anymore.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I disagree. The show writers completely changed his plot to make his story all about how he is persecuted because of how gay he is. It never happened in the books. they could have shown him like Oberyn, Who was gay, but that was only one small part of his identity. And that is how GRRM portrays Loras in the books. Them changing his plot to what it is right now seems to me like them trying to push social issues into the show to attract a greater viewership. And it just comes off as shallow and pedantic IMO.
annie88
AG
quote:
loras is in jail bc he's gay, and everything about his character on the show revolves around him being gay.
So you're saying that all he is, is a gay guy? Nothing else? Not a brother who loves his sister, not a good fighter, not a good potential ruler? Wow, you're just relegating him to "he's the gay guy and everything revolves around him being gay"

That's kinda ****ed up.

I don't care that he's gay honestly. Good for him if he likes men, he's cute and seemed to do well in that department, but how is he not a person like everyone else? We don't sit there and analyze the other characters about their straightness. Yet I'm the one who doesn't get it. Maybe some of ya'll are hyper focused.

Either you want to be treated the same or you don't, I can't figure it out.
annie88
AG
quote:
Those events happened in the books
Don't care about the books, this is the show.

quote:
Not gonna argue about it anymore.
Well in all due respect you started by complaining about it. But fine, we're done.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
they could have shown him like Oberyn, Who was gay,
Bisexual
BallerStaf2003
AG
You basically just agreed with everything I said. I know from the books that he's more than just a gay guy. Not sure why you're so combative about this. The show made him A stereo typical gay guy
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Totes. But you understand my point.
redline248
AG
quote:
So you're saying that all he is, is a gay guy? Nothing else? Not a brother who loves his sister, not a good fighter, not a good potential ruler? Wow, you're just relegating him to "he's the gay guy and everything revolves around him being gay"

That's kinda ****ed up.
It is f-cked up. That's how the show portrays him, and the show relegated him to being just the gay guy. Not the viewers.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
they could have shown him like Oberyn, Who was gay,
Bisexual
manhoar is more appropriate.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
quote:
Maybe it's already been said, but I'm assuming Rickon is used to incite the Battle of the B*stards?

Count me as one that got giddy when they cut to the TOJ and I didn't mind some of the detail changes.

I finally got one right!
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Totes. But you understand my point.
Sure, but I must agree with Baller to a large extent. Show-Loras is much more one-dimensional than Book-Loras.
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.