***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,518 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Too much money to be made like Breaking Bad and Madmen. Draw this **** out. Stupid as hell. There is still plenty that can happen for there to be 2 10-episode seasons left. Hell, there are still damn books to be published

Think about how expensive the last few episodes would need to be to do them right. This format (plus some loosened purse strings from HBO to end in style) would mean 40-50% more budget per episode.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Also during a rewatch, it occurred to me that the Citadel has to know that joffrey, myrcella, and tommen aren't really Robert's children. If Jon Arryn can figure it out after 15 years, some maester has to have figured it out long before even if Pycelle hasn't told them. They just didn't see a good reason to tell Robert just so he could put the realm through another war

Two thoughts:
1. I suspect Pycelle knows, but he's corrupt.
2. They may not care
1. Pycelle is dead
2. The maesters are supposed to not get involved in the politics, other than to offer guidance to whichever house one is serving. So, I really doubt they care.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
]1. Pycelle is dead.

He was alive when Joffrey (and Tommen) ascended, which was the point.
redline248
AG
ah. then just ignore me
G Martin 87
AG
Sudden crossover thought -- what if the maesters were more like the Bene Gesserit? What if Jon was the Qwisatz Haderach? Hmmmm.
Ol Jock 99
AG

Kyle Maclachlan is a Snow? I thought he was a Sand.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
Sudden crossover thought -- what if the maesters were more like the Bene Gesserit? What if Jon was the Qwisatz Haderach? Hmmmm.
More like the maesters are Mentats and the Bene Gesserit combined.
Ranger222
AG

quote:
If Tommen managed to knock-up Margery, none of that would matter.

I'm sure he's trying. Lucky sob
hunter2012
AG
quote:

quote:

I lost it when the show had the, "let's break the record".

It's good to be king.
It's good to be a teen.
It's good to be married to Margaery.
It's good to be a teen king married to Margaery
redbaron788
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Also during a rewatch, it occurred to me that the Citadel has to know that joffrey, myrcella, and tommen aren't really Robert's children. If Jon Arryn can figure it out after 15 years, some maester has to have figured it out long before even if Pycelle hasn't told them. They just didn't see a good reason to tell Robert just so he could put the realm through another war

Two thoughts:
2. They may not care
1. Pycelle is dead
2. The maesters are supposed to not get involved in the politics, other than to offer guidance to whichever house one is serving. So, I really doubt they care.

They cared enough to bring the end of dragons just to rid the world of magic, and possibly even influenced the start of Robert's Rebellion to get rid of the Targs. Every great lord has one counseling him, reading and writing his letters, and healing their wounded. The notion that they are a noble order 'supposed' to stay out of politics and actually abide by it with that much influence is absurd. They care, they just see no purpose to reveal the info without a good alternative to mitigate the bloodshed. And they sure as hell aren't gonna want Dany bringing her dragons back just because she's the rightful heir
redline248
AG
I must have missed, or forgotten, the part where the maesters brought the end of the dragons. Obviously, the order is made up of people, and people often care about their own personal gain over some higher purpose. I just remember the Starks' maester telling Theon he served the lord of Winterfell, regardless of whatever else happened.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RIP

redbaron788
AG
When Sam goes to Oldtown he meets Marwyn (the Mage) who tells Sam not to talk about magic and prophecies and goes on to mention the dragons:

"Who do you think killed all the dragons the last time around? Gallant dragonslayers armed with swords?" He spat. "The world of the Citadel is building has no place in it for sorcery or prophecy or glass candles, much less for dragons. Ask yourself why Aemon Targaryen was allowed to waste his life upon the Wall, when by rights, he should have been raised to archmaester. His blood was why. He could not be trusted. No more than I can."
pb488
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Two thoughts:
2. They may not care
1. Pycelle is dead

pycelle is alive in the show still, rigjt?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Two thoughts:
2. They may not care
1. Pycelle is dead

pycelle is alive in the show still, rigjt?
yeah i'm not sure what that meant ....

he was at the Red Keep in Cersei's walk of shame in the last episode of season 5.

redline248
AG
Given this is the book readers/spoilers thread, I default to what has happened in the books. Pycelle is dead
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Given this is the book readers/spoilers thread, I default to what has happened in the books. Pycelle is dead

ok...but this is the season 6 thread....and he is alive there so.....

but it is unlikely any pertinent information comes from him if he was that unimportant in the books.

anyway i think he dies soon in the show too.
OnlyForNow
AG
I never noticed this but Kevan looks a HELL of a lot like my wife's uncle.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Agreed. His time will come
OnlyForNow
AG
I predict he is the first person that "Robert Strong" kills this season.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
Robert Strong killing Pycelle?? and completely get rid of Varys storyline killing him and Kevan? Thats just silly talk...
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:
Agreed. His time will come

RIP General Veers.

OnlyForNow
AG
We know Varys is still in Meeren for a while in this season... so ya.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
We know Varys is still in Meeren for a while in this season... so ya.
yeah i'm more inclined to think thats toward the end of this season and close to the books with Varys returning secretly and getting Pycelle and Kevan.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm glad the kid is getting laid, given that he probably will not live to reach adulthood, but we must accept the facts.

Margaery has worst tits of any character on the show. There, I said it.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Robert Strong killing Pycelle?? and completely get rid of Varys storyline killing him and Kevan? Thats just silly talk...
When the show sent Varys to Meereen, I wondered what would happen to that element of the story.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
i dont think its that big of a stretch. we know that, in the show at least, they can make it across the narrow sea to kings landing and back rather quickly. Not all that difficult for Varys to peace out for a couple episodes to do something important, than appears in Kevans chambers before killing him.
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
I never noticed this but Kevan looks a HELL of a lot like my wife's uncle.

Does your wife look like Cersei? If so, enjoy the ride but watch your back.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm glad the kid is getting laid, given that he probably will not live to reach adulthood, but we must accept the facts.

Sorry Hank, gonna have to disagree. Margery's cans certainly aren't the best we've seen but Shae's would rank, in my book, as the worst that were shown with any regularity.

Yes, I have done my research.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Sorry Hank, gonna have to disagree. Margery's cans certainly aren't the best we've seen but Shae's would rank, in my book, as the worst that were shown with any regularity.

Yes, I have done my research.
I appreciate the thoroughness of your research, but we will need to agree to disagree. Shae's are just small, and I can get onboard for that. Margaery's look like deflated inner tubes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

wangus12
AG
It is GoT remember
BJM1781
AG
My favorite tits on the show were that sweet rack of Ros from Season 1 & 2. Plus, I liked her red hair.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I would have expected Margaery's to be a bit perkier, like her nose. Roz definitely had a world class pair.

As much as it pains me to recall anything from Dorne last season, that attention ***** Sand Snake who poisoned Bronn had an amazing set.
redline248
AG
One of Craster's random daughter-wives had a big ol' nice set.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.