***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,013 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If you think this (episode/season) has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Define happy. Naturally people we want to survive will most likely die, but that's what happens when you play the Game of Thrones. You win, or you die
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All I know is, I love Sansa finally looking like a Stark. And a kickass one.

wangus12
AG
Not gonna lie. Maisie Williams has turned into quite the looker as well. She's almost 19 so its cool right
redbaron788
AG
They've been saying Jon Snow is dead, making sure to say his *******'s name.
And I agree in thinking that episode one is too soon for resurrection, maybe three or four. They've got to give Melisandre the idea for it and a good reason to try. Establish why Davos is so protective of a boy's body he barely knows and why the Night's Watch wants it so badly. And show that Bran can see the truth in the past/present/future before revealing Jon's lineage.

Also, I'm pretty sure Tormund's line 'I thought HE was the man to lead us through the Long Night. But I was wrong' is him talking about Mance not Jon. More misdirection showing Jon's face there
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
They've been saying Jon Snow is dead, making sure to say his *******'s name.
And I agree in thinking that episode one is too soon for resurrection, maybe three or four. They've got to give Melisandre the idea for it and a good reason to try. Establish why Davos is so protective of a boy's body he barely knows and why the Night's Watch wants it so badly. And show that Bran can see the truth in the past/present/future before revealing Jon's lineage.

Also, I'm pretty sure Tormund's line 'I thought HE was the man to lead us through the Long Night. But I was wrong' is him talking about Mance not Jon. More misdirection showing Jon's face there

agreed. i doubt he is resurrected in episode 1....possibly 2 but more likely 3 or 4.

would not surprise me if 1 lays the groundwork for the possibility and 2 completely ignored that plot line driving fans insane.

3 or 4 he is resurrected......7 or 8 he kicks ass in the north and everyone cheers but in 9/10....the real threat rises making all else meaningless. by then he will rule the north but will need all of the 7 kingdoms help for what is coming.

but they aren't going to help him. the only help lies to the east....where Dany has regained her kingdom and finally conquers the east. she then sets her sights on westeros not knowing about the invasion in the north. about then the season ends setting up what is to come - dany conquering the other kingdoms of westeros while Jon holds off the northern invasion. they can only win by joining forces eventually. and he proves he is targaryen and they marry and make babies....or something like that.
scubasteve304
AG
You would spill blood in this holy place?

Well I banged my sister next to the corpse of my dead son in a church so I'm kinda okay with it yeah.
AggieSouth06
I mean, you can find out if you really want to. First episode spoiler synopsis is out there in its entirety. People don't exactly follow rules well after premiers.
BJM1781
AG
quote:
Well I banged my sister
Wasn't that actually the kind of rapey scene that they changed from the book? He actually raped his sister in the sept next to his dead, inbred son. Don't think Jaime is a virtuous guy who is concerned about church etiquette.
It wasn't rape. GRRM has explicitly said it wasn't.

http://watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martin-addresses-jaime-cersei-sept-scene-depth/

quote:
There is a mutual passion for each other.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wasn't there a pretty big discrepancy in that scene in TV vs book?

IIRC:
Book---No, No, No, No, YES!!!!
TV---NOOOOOOOOOOO!
BallerStaf2003
AG
It's really obvious that Jon Snow is coming back.

The only thing that disappoints me is the show is probably gonna use Melisandre to bring him back, unless the funeral pyre lights him up and his Targaryen side mixed with fire resurrects him (like Dany and the dragons)

The books he will probably morph into ghost.

Clem
Quick question, I want to believe R+L=J, because it would make a great story, but one seemingly minor thing bothers me. As a child, Jon gets the pox and almost dies. Aren't Targaryens supposed to never get sick?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Quick question, I want to believe R+L=J, because it would make a great story, but one seemingly minor thing bothers me. As a child, Jon gets the pox and almost dies. Aren't Targaryens supposed to never get sick?

He is only half Targ if true. Maybe he got sick because of that but also survived because of that. In other words maybe it made him both susceptible but also able to withstand the disease.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I have a hard time imagining Jon Snow being resurrected after the first two episodes. He is dead and about to rot... how long do y'all think he can just lay around and not be either burned or disposed of? Plus (and not that I know R'hollor's rules or anything), it seemed like based on Thoros' resurrections that time was definitely of the essence.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I have a hard time imagining Jon Snow being resurrected after the first two episodes. He is dead and about to rot... how long do y'all think he can just lay around and not be either burned or disposed of? Plus (and not that I know R'hollor's rules or anything), it seemed like based on Thoros' resurrections that time was definitely of the essence.

a. magic
b. he is (presumably) frozen since he is on the wall, it's damn cold up there
c. just because we don't find out until episode 2 or 3 doesn't mean chronologically it isn't within days of his death. the stories in various timelines are not necessarily running concurrently. it's more of dramatic license to show you when they want to show you.

AgLaw02
AG
If we're going in record with our predictions, I say he's back in episode 1. George R.R. Martin wouldn't let the fan base down. Right?

Right?
G Martin 87
AG
If you want to see how Jon comes back, watch the beginning of episode 5 from season 3.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
quote:
If you want to see how Jon comes back, watch the beginning of episode 5 from season 3.

Lord of the light, his flame has been extinguished.... Please bring him back so he can kill the white walkers, lead the North, and make more baby Targarians!
jenn96
AG
quote:
Aren't Targaryens supposed to never get sick?
Targs can get sick. In both the Dunk and Egg stories and in the World of Ice and Fire, there are examples of Targarians dying of illnesses (too lazy to look up examples but they're there). They are probably more immune than most, being mostly Valerinan blood, but the book canon is clear that Targs can get sick. Hell, in Dance of Dragons Dany seems to have a mild case of the Pale Mare illness (as well as what seems to be an obvious miscarriage - that's not really a sickness though)

Thomas Ford 91
AG
For the show watcher, Jon is just an overachiever. You don't bring back dead overachievers just to do it. They don't bring him back until they establish that he critical to the big picture. They can't do that until they establish he is half Targaryen. They can't do that until Bran visits the TOJ. So, Jon comes back after the TOJ scene. Which i think is Episode 3 "Oathbreaker". Ned breaks his oath to Robert and protects a Targaryen child. Jon breaks his oath to the Nights Watch. Brienne breaks some kind of oath to somebody.

My guess...Jon's revival involves fire, establishing to the show-watcher that he is dragon-worthy. Later, Tyrion will survive unscathed the dragon-fire introduction hinted at in trailer 2. That will establish for the audience that Tyrion is also dragon-worthy. Boom. Three Dragons. Three Riders. Wait for next season.

I know GRRM says Targaryens aren't immune to fire. But, until fire kills a Targaryen on HBO, for all intents and purposes Targaryens on tv are immune to fire.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The books, especially World of Ice and Fire, prove that not all Targs are not immune to fire. Many Targs and Blackfyres are roasted by dragon breath, molten gold, Wildfire, etc.
wangus12
AG
A couple minute long clips were released. Sansa & Theon, Jaime & Cersie, and Dany entering Vaes Dothrak

http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-releases-3-new-game-of-thrones-season-6-clips/
RDV-1992
quote:
For the show watcher, Jon is just an overachiever. You don't bring back dead overachievers just to do it. They don't bring him back until they establish that he critical to the big picture. They can't do that until they establish he is half Targaryen. They can't do that until Bran visits the TOJ. So, Jon comes back after the TOJ scene. Which i think is Episode 3 "Oathbreaker". Ned breaks his oath to Robert and protects a Targaryen child. Jon breaks his oath to the Nights Watch. Brienne breaks some kind of oath to somebody.

My guess...Jon's revival involves fire, establishing to the show-watcher that he is dragon-worthy. Later, Tyrion will survive unscathed the dragon-fire introduction hinted at in trailer 2. That will establish for the audience that Tyrion is also dragon-worthy. Boom. Three Dragons. Three Riders. Wait for next season.

I know GRRM says Targaryens aren't immune to fire. But, until fire kills a Targaryen on HBO, for all intents and purposes Targaryens on tv are immune to fire.
Dany's brother Viserys was killed with molten gold. But, molten gold is not quite fire...
JJxvi
AG
The show also gives the impression of immunity to heat in general with the hot bath scene.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
The show also gives the impression of immunity to heat in general with the hot bath scene.
Don't forget when she picked up the egg without burning herself while her attendant did.
redline248
AG
That stuff is in the book, too. So Dany is pretty much unable to be burnt.
JJxvi
AG
The impression of not being able to be burnt. Maybe enough for an impression that nothing would happen to her if she got molten gold poured on her, even.
redline248
AG
until it solidified over her nose and mouth and she could no longer breathe.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Viserys suffocated. Dragons need air. It is known.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
It is known.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
It is known.
yeah...except his mouth and nose were ummmm....not covered.

aggietony2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It is known.

What is known, is that when someone says "it is known", the known next response is "it is known". Any other response is basically saying "fight me bro", and I just didn't feel like fighting.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It is known.

What is known, is that when someone says "it is known", the known next response is "it is known". Any other response is basically saying "fight me bro", and I just didn't feel like fighting.
It is known.
lne2011
AG
It is known.
wangus12
AG
Screw you guys. I will not be a wolf in lambs clothing! #Stark #IronThrone

First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.