***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,792 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
mikefromdilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In that final scene, Davos grabs Longclaw with Jon Snow clearly still lying dead on the table in the foreground. He then says, "I've never been much of a fighter. Apologies for what you are about to see." Then he unsheathes the swords and so do the others in reaction...

Is Davos trying to ensure that a resurrected Snow does not come to pass? Could Melisandre have tried / be trying something and Davos, not trusting her, is trying to stop it from happening?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:

-One of the scenes has a knight swinging two swords. On his chest armor is the three headed dragon sigil -- possibly Aegon forces?

I think both of these starting points are from the same scene, ToJ flashback

Yep, both times they are wearing North armor, the leather carrying steel miniplates..

Also Davos is picking the fight at the end where Jon's body is and it sounds like he is talking to Mel. The real question is is he stealing the body or protecting it?
hunter2012
AG
dang it I just posted it as well. It's tough to say since we don't know where his loyalties lie since his royal family is dead. His faction has just collapsed so what will he do next?
redbaron788
AG
So many great things in this trailer aside from what's been discussed

• Bolton army vs Wildling army
  • Tyrell? army vs the Faith militant
  • Sansa running/escaping through the woods
  • The Crow's Eye
  • Parkour Arya?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
So many great things in this trailer aside from what's been discussed

• Bolton army vs Wildling army
  • Sansa running/escaping through the woods
  • The Crow's Eye
  • Parkour Arya?

When was the crow's eye?
mikefromdilley
AG

quote:

• The Crow's Eye

I'm going to say no to Tyrell army. Notice the man at the front. That's Robert Strong with the feather in his helmet. Those are Cersei's men. Also, look up the stairs. The Kingsguard on the white horse. I think that's Jaime Lannister.

I must've missed Euron Crow's Eye, unless you meant Aeron Damphair.
redbaron788
AG
Two spots I believe, dunked at the Kingsmoot 1:08 and lowering his hood on the rope bridge 1:15

redbaron788
AG
quote:

quote:

• The Crow's Eye

I'm going to say no to Tyrell army. Notice the man at the front. That's Robert Strong with the feather in his helmet. Those are Cersei's men. Also, look up the stairs. The Kingsguard on the white horse. I think that's Jaime Lannister.

I must've missed Euron Crow's Eye, unless you meant Aeron Damphair.
No way, that's gotta be Loras come to rescue Margaery
JJxvi
AG
Targaryan armor....TOJ?
redbaron788
AG
Based on these two images, thinking yes

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Bran and the Night's King
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
What about her glamour?
-She put a glamour on Mance who wore a ruby at his wrist
-She put a glamour on Rattleshirt as well (don't know if Rattleshirt had a ruby on himself while glamoured)
-Melisandre wears a ruby at her neck.

Is there a connection or something more here? It seems Melisandre requires a ruby to place a glamour someone, that much seems clear. But, is it possible that Melisandre herself is glamoured? Is she actually another individual that someone (or herself) placed a glamour on?
quote:
Melisandre's Glamour has been brought up a bunch of times in many different threads. She is definitely using a Glamour on herself. To what end, I can't say for sure. But you are on the right track saying that the Ruby is used for a Glamour, because there is a Square Cut Ruby in the Hilt of Stannis' sword which is obviously meant to make it appear as Lightbringer.

I also think Melisandre has some type of real connection with the Cold as well. When her shadow baby stabs Renly, Renly mutters the word "Cold" right before it happens, just like alot of POVS have done before the Wights/Others Come. She also got stronger near the wall, stronger even then in asshai, and could produce shadows that no creature of the dark could go against. Her Shadow Baby reminds me of the Others/Wights because they have been described as moving quick like shadows and appearing out of nowhere. Also, Melisandre wanting to sacrifice people with Kings Blood, has always reminded me of Craster sacrificing his male children for some reason.

There is definitely an aspect to Melisandre that is fake, it is just hard to put my finger on what it is.
Melisandre the Night Queen? Queen of Ice or Night or whatever she was?... posing as Red Priestess?

Also, it's been a while since I have read or watched anything GoT... could she have glamoured JS before he died? Could Dead-JS be someone else? And that is what Davos is about to reveal in the trailer?

Or is Davos about to chop off his head so he doesn't become a wight?
hunter2012
AG

Let's play a game called spot Howland Reed, also is that Ned leading?
Ozmandius
Mel is always reported to be hot to the touch. I don't imagine that would be the case if she was really the queen of ice.
Really???
That's definitely Ned in the ToJ shots, but I don't think it's Sean Bean. I'm betting it's a voiceover flashback.

There's a quick shot of someone with their hand on Jon's forehead. Any idea who?

Noticeably absent from the trailer: did we not see Sam at all?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
That's definitely Ned in the ToJ shots, but I don't think it's Sean Bean. I'm betting it's a voiceover flashback.

There's a quick shot of someone with their hand on Jon's forehead. Any idea who?

Noticeably absent from the trailer: did we not see Sam at all?

Look's like Mel's to me

Sam is in transit to the citadel, they have to catch him up with the show. What will be interesting is if he visits Bravos.
Brock Sampson
AG
Anybody else see Jon Snow on a horse in battle?
mikefromdilley
AG

quote:
No way, that's gotta be Loras come to rescue Margaery

Upon further inspection, you may be correct. The soldier's helmets have a rose-like appearance on the crown.
redbaron788
AG
I can't believe I missed Ghost in the last scene with Davos and Jon's body
redline248
AG
quote:
I can't believe I missed Ghost in the last scene with Davos and Jon's body
Yeah, alive or dead?
redbaron788
AG
Jon is clearly dead, Ghost may just be mourning beside him.

I think Davos may be defending Jon's body because an earlier clip shows Alliser Thorne behind a dude breaking down a door, possibly where they are keeping Jon's corpse
PatAg
AG
To me, there is just no chance Jon or Snow will die..or stay dead. I belive.
G Martin 87
AG
How many were with Ned at the ToJ? 5 others?
redbaron788
AG
I'm pretty sure it was 7v3
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure it was 7v3
from the wiki
quote:
At the end of the war, Lord Eddard Stark and six of his companions (Howland Reed, Lord Willam Dustin, Ethan Glover, Martyn Cassel, Theo Wull, and Ser Mark Ryswell) approached the tower. They found it guarded by three members of the Kingsguard (Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Oswell Whent, and Lord Commander Gerold Hightower). Eddard and Howland were the only survivors of the resulting battle.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm betting Reed turns out to be the guy to the right (front line) of who we think is Ned (center drawing sword).
AggieSouth06
http://watchersonthewall.com/comprehensive-breakdown-of-the-game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer/#more-57091
Fantastic shot-by-shot analysis of the trailer, with several cool reveals, namely:
1. Euron is in the trailer twice and in one scene it appears he may be committing a little patricide.
2. A shot of Jon alive and in battle MAY have been slipped in.
AgLaw
AG
quote:

If he is, GRRM has just spent five books building up the biggest FU to literary conventions in history.
Really???
quote:
quote:

If he is, GRRM has just spent five books building up the biggest FU to literary conventions in history.
Half of the books are essentially that.
AgLaw
AG
Agree.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
If I'm truly dead....how can I post?
SwigAg11
bangobango
AG
quote:
In that final scene, Davos grabs Longclaw with Jon Snow clearly still lying dead on the table in the foreground. He then says, "I've never been much of a fighter. Apologies for what you are about to see." Then he unsheathes the swords and so do the others in reaction...

Is Davos trying to ensure that a resurrected Snow does not come to pass? Could Melisandre have tried / be trying something and Davos, not trusting her, is trying to stop it from happening?
I think more likely he's about to wreck shop on some of the *******s who betrayed Jon Snow.

And that is going to be a f-ing awesome scene if it happens.
bangobango
AG
BTW,

BEST ****ING TRAILER EVER!

WISH IT WAS APRIL 24TH!!!!

Gangnam Style
AG
quote:
quote:

I think more likely he's about to wreck shop on some of the *******s who betrayed Jon Snow.

And that is going to be a f-ing awesome scene if it happens.

Especially Olly.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.