***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,963 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I still can't believe they killed Barristan Selmy.

If GGRM finishes the last book, I hope he gets to punch everyone in the face who said he would die first.

1. He took out like 25 people. It was meant to be badass. They couldn't make it LOOK more "badass" because he's a character played by an old British actor, not a young sword-fighting virtuoso.
2. Why? He's old, fat, out of shape, and easily distracted by side projects. Only one of those things isn't his fault (old).
Barristan Selmy deserved to die a knight, not getting overrun by street thugs.
Do you even GRRM? Geoffrey was poisoned. The Hound taken out by a girl. Martell was about to achieve his revenge and got his skull crushed. Ned was beheaded at a boy's command. Jon stabbed in the back by his brothers. Robb had his head replaced by an octogenarian nymphomaniac.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Yeah that's swell, but GRRM didn't WRITE that death. The TV show made it so. As GGRM's website shows, Selmy is not only still alive in TWOW, he's at the forefront of a massive battle leading the troops. If he's going to die, it's in a war for his Queen.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know BS is still alive in the books... and I expect him to die at some point in some noble way... but I'm also not counting on it.

The point is; why should the show have BS die incredibly, when almost NO one in GRRM's books gets a noble death?
CapCityAg89
AG
Ok. Changing gears. I've got a question for ya Ags...

I binged the first four seasons and finished several months before season 5 so I decided to read the books. So i essentially binged the books finishing before the end of last season on the show. I'm caught up. But damn there's a bunch going on.

For you book readers, with the delay between books (and assuming he actually does finish the next one) do you go back and read any previous before diving into the new?
Murder Hornet
AG
I had intentions of going back to re-read but it bogs down with certain characters (Dany in Mereen) and I never have. Plus the show has passed the book in some storylines so what was interesting in the book the first time through might not be so during the second time having seen the shows
redline248
AG
I was planning on doing a re-read of 4 and 5 simultaneously, using the chronological chapter order...but then kid #2 was born and time is at a premium.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'll probably just watch the next season then maybe go back and do some re-reading leading up to book 6 coming out. Probably book 5 if I have to pick one
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I intended to re- read a lot but last year I spot read certain chapters of book 5 before the 5th season.
jenn96
AG
I have been reading the books since Games of Thrones came out when I was in college 20 years ago. I have done a full series re-read before both the 4th and 5th books came out, and will probably do one again if the next book is released. There's so much going on, and I catch stuff I've missed on almost every re-read. as much as I complain about how the story has bogged down and how pointless some of the subplots seem, it's still a great story. The characters pull me in every time.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I have been reading the books since Games of Thrones came out when I was in college 20 years ago. I have done a full series re-read before both the 4th and 5th books came out, and will probably do one again if the next book is released. There's so much going on, and I catch stuff I've missed on almost every re-read. as much as I complain about how the story has bogged down and how pointless some of the subplots seem, it's still a great story. The characters pull me in every time.
Agreed about picking up on more stuff with a re-read. I read books 1-5 in Spring 2013 and then did a re-read in Summer/Fall 2014. I didn't appreciate how important some minor details were the first time through (like hints about Jon's parentage in the first book when I had no clue that Lyanna Stark's favorite flower was a winter rose).

Luckily, I had a heads up about books 4 & 5, so I didn't find them as terrible as someone who had waited years for them to be released. I actually even found parts of them (Greyjoys) to be alright both times. I'd say the second time was actually better though since I knew what to expect.

I took notes of things that might be important the second time I read through them, so I will probably just go through those and read a synopsis on the wiki if the sixth book is released in 2017. If it comes out any later, it'll be even more difficult to keep the books/show separate. I might end up having to do a re-read at that point. I think at this point I'd only re-read the last half of 3 and then 4 & 5.
SeattleAgJr
Awesome spoilery (maybe) pics from season 6.

Nothing here is a REAL spoiler but just a warning.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/exclusive-pictures-season-6
CapCityAg89
AG
Blind Arya not really a spoiler (that was in one of those last episodes). No Jon Snow.

Is Theon a new actor?
Roll the Bones
AG
Yeah, I did a re-read before each of the last 3 books. Will have to do so again. I admit I don't focus on a lot of the details/prophecies/etc. when reading, I just enjoy the ride so the re-reads do allow me to pick up on some things that I missed the first or second time through.
mid90
AG
quote:
I was planning on doing a re-read of 4 and 5 simultaneously, using the chronological chapter order...but then kid #2 was born and time is at a premium.

This is definitely the way to go. Makes AFFC way more palatable.
SeattleAgJr
Trailer premiers Sunday at 8:59pm ET.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153489099842734&id=74133697733
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Trailer premiers Sunday at 8:59pm ET.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So everyone is dead. Guess the whitewalkers win
BryanAggie2013
Ozmandius
Very, very spoilery. Fair warning.

Ian McShane talking about his upcoming role. Essentially, "I really can't give much away about it, but I'm Septon Meribald and I bring back the Hound."
redline248
AG
Stuff like this was always bound to happen, since Martin can't write any faster than a tree grows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hound?
Lady Stoneheart?
Jon Snow?
PatAg
AG
quote:
Very, very spoilery. Fair warning.

Ian McShane talking about his upcoming role. Essentially, "I really can't give much away about it, but I'm Septon Meribald and I bring back the Hound."
hahahaha. Did nobody from HBO tell him beforehand "literally DONT tell anyone A SINGLE THING"
Gangnam Style
AG
GET. HYPE. #CLEGANEBOWL
redbaron788
AG
New trailer!
mikefromdilley
AG
My head is spinning.

A few things I saw:

• Aeron the Damphair. Finally, the Greyjoys are back in the fold.
  • They take Dany to Vaes Someplace-or-another.
  • I saw Targaryen armor. Have we seen Targaryen armor before?
  • Jon Snow looks pretty dead to me.
  • Asha (Yara) is making out with another chick (Miranda?).
  • House Bolton is involved in another major skirmish.
  • More Melisandre boobs.
hunter2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bran and the Night's King
hunter2012
AG
the greatest trick the devil GRRM ever pulled was convincing the world that Jon Snow would be revived.
redbaron788
AG
Ser Robert Strong gonna wreck poor Lancel

And that Targaryen armor dude looks like he's fighting North men, ToJ?
wangus12
AG
Not gonna lie, I will be pretty damn bummed if Snow is actually dead. Which means he probably is
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Not gonna lie, I will be pretty damn bummed if Snow is actually dead. Which means he probably is
That was never in question.

The question is whether he comes back or not.
Ozmandius
Ozmandius
A few thoughts after second viewing ---

-Kingsmoot? In the scene where they are overlooking the sea the banners are House Greyjoy.
-The scene right after Mel's boobs shows female hands being placed on Jon Snow's head and body. Looked like a possible Mel resurrection to me. It makes sense for a red priest to do it too a la Beric.
-One of the scenes has a knight swinging two swords. On his chest armor is the three headed dragon sigil -- possibly Aegon forces?
mikefromdilley
AG

quote:
-One of the scenes has a knight swinging two swords. On his chest armor is the three headed dragon sigil -- possibly Aegon forces?
This is what I'm thinking...and it would be glorious.
redbaron788
AG
quote:

I think both of these images are from the same scene, ToJ flashback

[url=https://youtu.be/CuH3tJPiP-U?t=77][/url]
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.