***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,404 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nvm been too long since I read books 4 & 5
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
ToJ is confirmed!

http://watchersonthewall.com/the-tower-of-joy-confirmed-and-more-new-details-about-a-key-role-involved/

quote:
Most excitingly, their sources have confirmed that, as suspected by many, the Castillo de Zafra in Campillo de Dueas will be playing the part of the Tower of Joy.

Spoilers below!

The unique castle, built into a bed of stone, will stand as the tower in the south of Westeros where a famous fight took place, the setting for a key flashback in the books. A casting call this June provided an early hint that a flashback was coming; the description of a Legendary Fighter indicated the show might be hunting for Ser Arthur Dayne, who was present at the Tower of Joy. The fight from the books occurs outside the Tower, and so the Castillo de Zafra is an ideal setting for the tower in the books.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saxsoon
AG
This along with the confirmed Child Eddard and it obvious what Bran's storyline will be this year
Fat Bib Fortuna
Seems like it would have to be one massive flashback to accurately depict the Tower of Joy to show watchers; the "previously on Game of Thrones" would have to be heavy on Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark, etc. talking about Rhaegar and Lyana, and then either de-age Sean Bean or have a guy who looks a helluva lot like Sean Bean playing young Ned. They could go all the way from the fight to the birth to her death and carry it straight into dead Jon being brought back to life now that we've established he's half-Dragon.

Arthur Dayne is probably the favorite character never actually seen alive in the books, whoever plays him, and whoever does his costume and look, not to mention designing Dawn, what a weight on your shoulders to nail the part!

mid90
AG
quote:
ToJ is confirmed!

http://watchersonthewall.com/the-tower-of-joy-confirmed-and-more-new-details-about-a-key-role-involved/

quote:
Most excitingly, their sources have confirmed that, as suspected by many, the Castillo de Zafra in Campillo de Dueas will be playing the part of the Tower of Joy.

Spoilers below!

The unique castle, built into a bed of stone, will stand as the tower in the south of Westeros where a famous fight took place, the setting for a key flashback in the books. A casting call this June provided an early hint that a flashback was coming; the description of a Legendary Fighter indicated the show might be hunting for Ser Arthur Dayne, who was present at the Tower of Joy. The fight from the books occurs outside the Tower, and so the Castillo de Zafra is an ideal setting for the tower in the books.

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Oh. ****.
hunter2012
AG
R+L=J+M?

So there's been speculation on the interwebs that Jon has a twin... Meera Reed.

LINK

For some reason this is gaining some traction, and yes we all know, "way too star wars". Still though I think that could be a pleasant twist, and it's evident that the ToJ is super important to the story.
BryanAggie2013
AG
quote:
R+L=J+M?

So there's been speculation on the interwebs that Jon has a twin... Meera Reed.

LINK

For some reason this is gaining some traction, and yes we all know, "way too star wars". Still though I think that could be a pleasant twist, and it's evident that the ToJ is super important to the story.

Oh. Snap.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah saw that too....really interesting.

kinda makes sense from the perspective of both Ned and Howland leaving there with one of the kids in order to split them up and protect them - it protects them better as well in case either family is wiped out - alas it is very "star wars-esque".

the resemblance is uncanny too and interesting in that meera does not look like jojen or the other reeds either i think.

and lastly, from the point of view of the 3 heads of the dragon it makes more sense to me (jon, meera and dany) than other theories did including tyrion for example.

could have some merit.
NC2001
AG
Well cut off my balls and call me Varys...that's an interesting conjecture...
redline248
AG
quote:
the resemblance is uncanny too and interesting in that meera does not look like jojen or the other reeds either i think.
From the wiki of fire and ice:

quote:
As is typical of crannogmen, Meera is short and slim. She has long brown hair and green eyes.
Seems like the daughter of R+L would be taller, fuller, and more beautiful.
redline248
AG
Jon's description is lean, but there is no indication of his height on the same wiki.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
From the wiki of fire and ice:

quote:
As is typical of crannogmen, Meera is short and slim. She has long brown hair and green eyes.
Seems like the daughter of R+L would be taller, fuller, and more beautiful.
i was speaking of:

compared to

she is more like

from the show this is interesting

Jojen Reed: "When I told my father about your father, for the first time in my life, I saw him cry.
"Bran Stark: "Your father is Howland Reed. He saved my father's life during the rebellion."
Jojen Reed: "Your father told you about the rebellion? Mine never did."

SpreadsheetAg
OnlyForNow
AG
You can't use the looks of the actors to discuss who might be related to who...
Fat Bib Fortuna
So Ned took Luke to Alderaan and Howland to Leia took Tatooine? Jeez the guy needs to get the next book out, people just are falling all over themselves with dumber and dumber theories.

Why do we so desperately want minor or never-seen characters to be so uber important?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Mad King built 3PO.
HoustonAg05
AG
Chewbaca = Hodor
Quad Dog
AG
Saxsoon
AG
You can't use the actors, considering it is said in the book she looks like a Crannogman. So much imagery relating to thin as a reed and her shortness.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Lol at Dany as neutral good. She is chaotic. But she is hot and a POV CHARACTER
Ol Jock 99
AG
Jaime is more good than Old Bear Mormont? Ha, no.
redline248
AG
I don't see Oberyn, and Jaqen Hgar is more true neutral than Tyrion. Tyrion is on the good side of the scale.

I'm sure there are other issues.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The one I'm trying to figure out is how Joffrey is more chaotic than Ramsay.
redline248
AG
He killed kittens. That has to be it.
jenn96
AG
Joffrey started the war of the five kings by having Ned killed. His evil had the ability to affect a lot more people, so i think the placement is fair, even if Ramsey is a more f-ed up individual.
R0GUE
AG
Baelish isn't Lawful!! It's even in his speech: "Chaos isn't a pit, it's a ladder!"
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Baelish isn't Lawful!! It's even in his speech: "Chaos isn't a pit, it's a ladder!"
I think the chaos/lawful scale is more a reflection of personality than belief, Littlefinger is the most structured through the series because he is causing most of the chaos. Essentially all the other characters are reacting to the ripples of Littlefinger's decisions so this makes him the most structured character.

Also Selmy belongs on the top level of good. The man is the epitome of being knight.

Also Dany might slide down the evil scale, but we'll see.
redline248
AG
In most definitions, lawful means following the rules, keeping your word, and the sort. He has people killed, he betrays those to whom he makes promises, he lies left and friggin' right...he's not lawful at all. He is very organized, but that doesn't matter.
hunter2012
AG
I can see that, I would say to the Crown he appears to be the most structured. That's what gives him the wiggle room to stir so much chaos.
jenn96
AG
Hmmm. Interesting...guess who's been staying at the hotel in Belfast with other cast members during filming?

Not surprised if he's back but curious how he factors into things on the show, since the plots in that part of the world are diverging significantly from the books.

http://watchersonthewall.com/two-possible-game-of-thrones-returns-plus-explore-season-6-locations-with-this-video/

SpreadsheetAg
AG
And for the people who have said:
"No, can't be, it's more straightforward than that..."

I just have to say...

Do you even GRRM, bruh?
Fat Bib Fortuna
Unless there was a Next Level Urgent Care over the next boulder, not sure how the Hound would still be upright after the beating Brienne gave him plus his fall.

Maybe every single character will be kept alive, and when Jon and Dany get together, they'll have open tryouts for the third Dragon rider, sort of like the open tryouts that Mr. Furious and Blue Raja had in Mystery Men. Every character from GoT will line up, give a 90-second presentation about themselves and the ones who get 2 votes will move on to Hollywood week.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
^
^

1. This is the book spoilers thread - Brienne doesn't face the Hound in the Books but does bump into someone "like him" (see below) at the Quiet Isles.

2. GRRM pretty much showed us that the silent monk gravedigger from the Quiet isles is The Hound in disguise (many allusions to this).

So.... yeah; it's quite possible Sandor Clegane is still alive, bit crippled and in the service of the Elders at the Quiet Isles (for now).
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.