***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,623 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Idris Elba could basically play his character from Thor minus the eyes.
Was there a knight from the Summer Isles?
No, and I can see the fan backlash if he were to be cast. I just think he fits a role like that well.
What? Exiled Prince Jalabhar Xho of the Red Flower Vale has made an appearance in every single book of the series.
I was referring to the Kingsguard specifically. Even in Westeros at large there just aren't many black characters around. If they cast Idris Elba as Whent or Dayne, I guarantee some fans would have issue with it. Not because there is another black character necessarily (like they did with Areo Hotah), just because they are supposed to be from native Westerosi families (which doesn't seem to include many/any black families).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
speculation on actors for a role in an imaginary prequel....great....

only 9 more months until season 6.
oh boo hoo...

Jonathan Rhys Meyers would do well as well somewhere...

you're right.......here are my offerings.....

Is there a fool/jester convention in speculative GoT?

just messing with you!!

MW03
AG
So HBO has an In Memoriam shop for GOT merch...

http://store.hbo.com/memorium/index.php?v=hbo_shows_game-of-thrones_memorium&ecid=EMC-HBO-001372&pa=EMC_HBO_20150721_GOTInMemoriam

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
So HBO has an In Memoriam shop for GOT merch...

http://store.hbo.com/memorium/index.php?v=hbo_shows_game-of-thrones_memorium&ecid=EMC-HBO-001372&pa=EMC_HBO_20150721_GOTInMemoriam

I spy with my little eye . . . No Jon merchandise
MW03
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
To be fair there is also no:
Catelyn Stark
Robert Baratheon
Jeor Mormont
Tywin Lannister
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
To be fair there is also no:
Catelyn Stark
Robert Baratheon
Jeor Mormont
Tywin Lannister

I saw Tywin

robert is weird

Catelyn is obvious because she is Lady Stoneheart, duh
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I see the stannis sheild now
Urban Ag
AG
Potential major book and series spoiler?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/07/30/game-thrones-ice-wall-may-become-permanent-tourist-attraction-in-ireland/?intcmp=hpffo&intcmp=obnetwork

quote:
The fictional barrier that runs along the north border of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros in "Game of Thrones" may be become a permanent fixture on the Northern Irish coastline.

According to the Belfast Telegraph, local council members have requested that HBO leave the set behind once filming of the sixth season wraps.

so, how come the Wall set won't be needed after season 6? Hmmmm......

redbaron788
AG
I wouldn't call that a spoiler, it's something that has to happen to advance the story in a meaningful way. This just confirms that development

Also, apparently we're looking at eight seasons

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-will-go-at-least-eight-seasons-says-hbo/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
redline248
AG
My question is how does Belfast know hbo won't be filming there after 6?
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
Potential major book and series spoiler?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/07/30/game-thrones-ice-wall-may-become-permanent-tourist-attraction-in-ireland/?intcmp=hpffo&intcmp=obnetwork

quote:
The fictional barrier that runs along the north border of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros in "Game of Thrones" may be become a permanent fixture on the Northern Irish coastline.

According to the Belfast Telegraph, local council members have requested that HBO leave the set behind once filming of the sixth season wraps.

so, how come the Wall set won't be needed after season 6? Hmmmm......

I envision the White Walker King standing in the shadow of the Wall with a ghetto blaster raised above his head blasting this at some point.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hmmmmm........8 seasons.....or more!!!!

http://www.vulture.com/2015/07/game-of-thrones-8-seasons.html?mid=facebook_nymag

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/30/game-thrones-eight-seasons

THAT would certainly change things. Sounds like they are considering diverging to such a point that it has no finality, at least not the same finality and not as soon.

I must say.....if thats the case I might be out.....have to see where it goes.

I don't want an indefinite run and a nebulous ending....i want THE ending. And quite honestly the finite nature of it was part of the appeal - it would end with GRRMs vision for it.

Well who knows.....what does the HBO president know anyway.
Urban Ag
AG
I agree. Stretching to 8 seasons is fine as long as it ends the story per the vision that GRRM reportedly laid out to the HBO team. I have comes to terms with knowing that A Dream of Spring will likely never be published, and as such have become at least content to have HBO finish it. So finish it.
Wes97
AG
Squeezing the last two books into just two 10 episode seasons seemed unreasonable to me. Three years gives them time not to rush anything. I am taking it as good news.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Squeezing the last two books into just two 10 episode seasons seemed unreasonable to me. Three years gives them time not to rush anything. I am taking it as good news.
yep....as long as it does not become 3 more years and then tangent off from GRRM to just keep alive a money franchise.

but that does not seem like HBO...they have done 7 seasons for very succesful shows. or less. only a couple have hit 8.

Sopranos - could have run longer - 7 seasons
The Wire - 5 seasons
Boardwalk Empire - 5 seasons
True Blood - 7 seasons
Six Feet Under - 5 seasons
Sex and the City - 6 seasons
Larry Sanders - 6 seasons
Entourage - 8 seasons
Curb Your Enthusiasm - 8 seasons
Deadwood - 3 seasons

Most of those were popular enough they could have continued....and regular networks would have done so most likely. I think they have been pretty good about not going too far and jumping the shark (except Entourage which became just stupid).

Outside of sports (Inside the NFL and Real Sports) and Bill Maher I don't think they have ever had a series go more than 8 seasons.

Saxsoon
AG
Well damn . . . Ian McShane in Season 6

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-ian-mcshane-1201554773/
marble rye
AG
Derp ing derp.
marble rye
AG
Oh hi I'm a derp that didn't read the thread.
Thunder18
AG
I hope McShane is going to be Gerold Hightower
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I hope McShane is going to be Gerold Hightower
Randyll Tarly
Thunder18
AG
Yea I read that online, but personally I see him in more of a GH role. I picture Randyll Tarley as Ned/Roberts age (in the series). McShane is pretty old and GH was supposed to be pretty old at the Tower of Joy (like Ser Barristan was in the previous season of GoT). I really just want there to be a Tower of Joy flashback so that's why I am hoping he is going to play Lord Gerold
SpreadsheetAg
AG
He could be Howland Reed ... Isn't he like 5'5" ?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Max von Sydow cast as the Three-Eyed Raven.
mid90
AG
Age aside, McShane has the stern ******* role down though, which makes him perfect for Tarly.
rhutton125
AG
Heard McShane was a Tarly or Greyjoy. My money's on Mr. Tarly.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
yep....as long as it does not become 3 more years and then tangent off from GRRM to just keep alive a money franchise.

but that does not seem like HBO...they have done 7 seasons for very succesful shows. or less. only a couple have hit 8.

Sopranos - could have run longer - 7 seasons
The Wire - 5 seasons
Boardwalk Empire - 5 seasons
True Blood - 7 seasons
Six Feet Under - 5 seasons
Sex and the City - 6 seasons
Larry Sanders - 6 seasons
Entourage - 8 seasons
Curb Your Enthusiasm - 8 seasons
Deadwood - 3 seasons

Most of those were popular enough they could have continued....and regular networks would have done so most likely. I think they have been pretty good about not going too far and jumping the shark (except Entourage which became just stupid).

Outside of sports (Inside the NFL and Real Sports) and Bill Maher I don't think they have ever had a series go more than 8 seasons.

I said this awhile ago, but there is enough back material from Robert's Rebellion to fill an entire season. I actually think that would make an awesome season in and of itself. My thought was that if they ever caught up with the books, then they could take a season fleshing out the back story to fill time until GRRM caught up. Obviously, I don't think they will or can afford to take that big of a break without people getting pissed off, but they could fill in a lot of time with flash backs and exposition from that time period.
bangobango
AG
quote:
as a Deadwood fan, I'd love to see him play the Greyjoy.
The Debt
quote:

Where does daddy tarly fit into the story? In the big scheme of things he is meaningless imo
Fat Bib Fortuna
Because it wasn't enough to have us watch fat guy Sam having sechs, now we have to watch fat guy Sam have daddy issues.
PatAg
AG
Except he was supposed to be some great warrior/general type.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It would be cool for them to film 5 or 6 episodes worth of stuff from Robert's Rebellion, then spread it over the course of a season or two as flashbacks, Godfather II style.
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:

Where does daddy tarly fit into the story? In the big scheme of things he is meaningless imo

He marches on King's Landing and demands that the Faith release Margaery (which they do). Then he's names Master of Laws by Kevan, making him a small council member.

He could definitely play a larger role in coming books. Remember that the showrunners know the whole story.
jenn96
AG
I've always felt that Randyll Tarly has a bigger role to play in the books because of all the buildup around him. Sam is one of the major characters of the book and his relationship with his dad has been heavily explained and foreshadowed. Tarly was one of the best generals during Roberts Rebellion and has a reputation as an outstanding fighter. He's the muscle behind the Tyrells and as of right now, probably directly commands more men than anyone else alive in Westeros. And he's one of the few named characters with a Valerian steel sword. I just feel like he's been set up to play a bigger role down the road. *

* In the book, I mean. The show will probably just have him rape Brienne and then get killed falling down the stairs or something.
PatAg
AG
In a twist, Brienne loses her mind, and actually rapes Tarly herself.
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.