***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,837 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
LawAg05
AG
SpreadsheetAg
MW03
AG
quote:
quote:
Apparently this is one of the filming sites for Season 6.

Hello Tower of Joy

Wasn't there supposed to have been a nearly identical filming site for season 5? and everyone was like OMG TOWER OF JOY?

Guilty as charged

quote:
Uh, Season 5 is filming....

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/23/signs-point-game-thrones-season-5-filming-underway/

And look where they're shooting...

Fat Bib Fortuna
still think they should shoot the tower of joy flashback with sean bean and his boys, and pick 3 UK acting legends to do one-offs as Arthur Dayne, Gerrold Hightower and the other guy - Oswell Whent? - he's like the third tenor, I can never remember him.

I know he's way too old to wear the armor, but imagine Sean Connery standing there as Gerrold Hightower and Daniel Day Lewis or even someone younger like Daniel Craig as Arthur Dayne, unleashing Dawn to fight against Ned Stark's Ice.

Unless they're doing a GOT prequel about Robert's Revolution, I can't believe they wouldn't film that scene just for the sheer awesomeness of it.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ya'll do realize they COULD have shot at that tower and just not used the footage yet....maybe they needed to shoot it when certain people were available, etc....and to not attract attention later.

AgLaw
AG
quote:
Unless they're doing a GOT prequel about Robert's Revolution, I can't believe they wouldn't film that scene just for the sheer awesomeness of it.

They will never do this because it makes no sense, but how cool would It be for Book 6 to come out this winter, have the show film through the end of Book 6 (presumably they could get 2 seasons out of it), then do two or three seasons of "prequels" to allow GRRM time to get the final book written.

I'm also holding out hope that with the popularity of GoT on HBO they would consider a prequel series after these stories are done.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Kit Harrington - Jon Snow - spotted in Belfast where table reads for season 6 are happening.

SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!............not.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/21/kit-harrington-reportedly-arrives-in-belfast-for-game-of-thrones/

with pics...long hair in a bun

http://watchersonthewall.com/yes-kit-harington-is-in-belfast-again-irish-actor-joins-the-cast-of-game-of-thrones/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

blurry pic on the street and first person encounter

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/07/21/harington-hair-watch-2015-unidentified-jon-snow-like-object-photographed-in-belfast/
SeattleAgJr
He is there just to film his lying-on-a-table-with-painted-rocks-on-his-eyes scene.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
He is there just to film his lying-on-a-table-with-painted-rocks-on-his-eyes scene.

But then why does he need a script?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?
Saxsoon
AG
It is obvious why he didn't get a parting gift like ygritte
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

They will never do this because it makes no sense, but how cool would It be for Book 6 to come out this winter, have the show film through the end of Book 6 (presumably they could get 2 seasons out of it), then do two or three seasons of "prequels" to allow GRRM time to get the final book written.

I'm also holding out hope that with the popularity of GoT on HBO they would consider a prequel series after these stories are done.

I've been saying this for 3 seasons. Do a full season for Robert's Revolution and I think do a season for the Targaryean Conquest of Westeros. The downside is that you have to worry about the young actors aging and what not.

Just think of the hotties they'd have to find to play Visenya and Rhaenys Targaryean
marble rye
AG
Robert's Rebellion
jenn96
AG
By then Bran would be 37 years old. . I do think a prequel series once GOT is done could be a great way for HBO to go back to the well.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

They could make a good show of the events of "The Hedge Knight" with Ser Duncan the Tall and Egg

The could also use the World of Ice and Fire to tell alot of backstory.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

They could make a good show of the events of "The Hedge Knight" with Ser Duncan the Tall and Egg

The could also use the World of Ice and Fire to tell alot of backstory.
Martin has mentioned that the Dunk and Egg tales could be a legitimate contender for a spinoff.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
still think they should shoot the tower of joy flashback with sean bean and his boys, and pick 3 UK acting legends to do one-offs as Arthur Dayne, Gerrold Hightower and the other guy - Oswell Whent? - he's like the third tenor, I can never remember him.

I know he's way too old to wear the armor, but imagine Sean Connery standing there as Gerrold Hightower and Daniel Day Lewis or even someone younger like Daniel Craig as Arthur Dayne, unleashing Dawn to fight against Ned Stark's Ice.

This would be fantastic. Maybe even pick actors who have killed Sean Bean in other movies/shows so that he can get revenge.
wangus12
AG
Just not Pierce Brosnan
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The guy who played Faramir in LOTR or

Colin Firth or

Jude Law or

Michael Fassbender or

Daniel Craig
The Dog Lord
AG
Idris Elba could basically play his character from Thor minus the eyes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I'd prefer older guys - Anthony Hopkins, Brendan Gleeson, guys with unforgettable faces since you'll just see that and a suit of armor.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I'd prefer older guys - Anthony Hopkins, Brendan Gleeson, guys with unforgettable faces since you'll just see that and a suit of armor.
I was thinking the same for at least Gerold Hightower, but how old were Dayne and Whent? Although I love Anthony Hopkins, I'm not sure he would work. Brendan Gleeson fits the older warrior type perfectly though.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Was there a knight from the Summer Isles?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Others for consideration:

Daniel Day Lewis (Kingsguard? Young Barriston Selmy?)

Ralph Feinnes (Lord Whent?)

Tom Hardy (Rhaegar, Brandon Stark, Young Robert Baratheon?)

I could even see Hugh Laurie (One of the Kingsguard or a Lord for Aerys II)

Alan Rickman (as a Maester? Tytos Lannister?)

Gary Oldman (The Lord of Harrenhall during the tournament)

Ben Kingsley (Kingsguard? or John Arryn?)

Bill Nighy (John Arryn?)

Kenneth Branagh (another Kingsguard? John Connington?)

Henry Cavill (Brandon Stark? Younger Eddard? Young Stannis?)

Clive Owen (as Dayne? John Connington?)

Jeremy Irons (Mad King Aerys?)

And the PERFECT "Laughing Storm" for GOT Prequal series would be, Gerard Butler

And "Egg" Eddie Redmayne (or Young Tywin Lannister or Young Howland Reed)

Hell let's even throw in the Kiwi, Russell Crowe (Rickard Stark? or Gerald Hightower? Or John Arryn?)

or Mark Strong as Maekar or Baelor Breakspear

Some other younger guys:

Michael Fassbender (Young Tywin)

Alex Pettyfer (Young Jaime Lannister)
Ol Jock 99
AG
You've spent a bit of time thinking about this haven't you?
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
You've spent a bit of time thinking about this haven't you?
I don't think he had to think much, just list off every famous British Actor worth a damn.

Just disappointed he didn't suggest Patrick Stewart who would request the King's Right.
Fat Bib Fortuna
that list got kind of crazy, and Alex Pettyfer should never play any role besides "corpse #3".

I think my final 3 would be Anthony Hopkins as Gerrold Hightower, Russell Crowe as Arthur Dayne and Clive Owen as Oswell Whent.

Hopkins has been Odin and Zorro, surely he can be LCoTK. Crowe as Dayne with Dawn vs. Bean as Ned Stark with Ice sounds pretty friggin awesome.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
speculation on actors for a role in an imaginary prequel....great....

only 9 more months until season 6.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:

oh boo hoo...

Jonathan Rhys Meyers would do well as well somewhere...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

oh boo hoo...

you're right.......here are my offerings.....

The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
No, and I can see the fan backlash if he were to be cast. I just think he fits a role like that well.
Thunder18
AG
quote:

That's a southron religious burial. Jon is of the old gods
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
No, and I can see the fan backlash if he were to be cast. I just think he fits a role like that well.
What? Exiled Prince Jalabhar Xho of the Red Flower Vale has made an appearance in every single book of the series.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh boo hoo...

you're right.......here are my offerings.....

Is there a fool/jester convention in speculative GoT?
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.