***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,020 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
AggieRob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Sorry to derail this recent line of thought, but a quick wonder:

Any chance Syrio Forel, first sword of Braavos, is actually Jaqen H'ghar? Or vice versa?

I read the first book, and will read the others eventually, but have been a show watcher.
redline248
AG
Syrio Forel is dead. If he was Jaqen, Meryn Trant wouldn't be alive.
cpatin
AG
I meant in regards to if Tyrion is Tywin's son or Aerys's
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Syrio Forel is dead. If he was Jaqen, Meryn Trant wouldn't be alive.
Not necessarily. Faceless Men are assassins, not necessarily world-class swordsmen.

Of course, Sandor Clegane had a rather low opinion of Trant's skills as well.
LawAg05
AG
Skills or no, trant was in full armor with a sword against a guy in clothes and a broken wooden sword.
Zeke1995
AG
Jaime and Tyrion are both Tywin's sons. Neither of them are Aerys's son. The comment was the aunt telling Jaime that Tyrion is more like Tywin than Jaime is like Tywin.
PatAg
AG
I've always held out hope that Syrio Forel escaped. They didn't explicitly state that he died in the book.
Burrus86
AG
What if Varys knows that Tyrion is a Targ? From the film perspective, that could explain his assistance in helping Tyrion escape....among other things.
G Martin 87
AG
What if Joanna made Tywin promise to protect baby Tyrion before she died?
redline248
AG
He sure did a piss poor job of it.

"Hey Tyrion, we're about to go fight this big ass battle. You go with the vanguard, front and center, even though you suck at fighting."
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Any chance Syrio Forel, first sword of Braavos, is actually Jaqen H'ghar? Or vice versa?

I read the first book, and will read the others eventually, but have been a show watcher.

The dots can definitely be connected that way. He was subdued and put in the high risk black cells because he kicked so much of the lannister ass. While there he uses the isolation as a chance to change faces. Gets shipped to the wall as H'ghar
redline248
AG
Why would they subdue and not kill Syrio? They killed everyone else of Ned's company. Even Sansa's septa.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

The dots can definitely be connected that way. He was subdued and put in the high risk black cells because he kicked so much of the lannister ass. While there he uses the isolation as a chance to change faces. Gets shipped to the wall as H'ghar
If he was that high risk, why leave him alive
hunter2012
AG
The way I understand it, Syrio was just an instructor in KL hired by Ned, he wasn't part of the household.

As far as risk leaving him alive, maybe he got away from Trant, changed faces, then was captured. Since nobody knew the new face they didn't know what house he belonged to so they threw him in the black cells.

I'm sure GRRM can come up with an explanation.

Another question is what was H'ghar doing in the black cells in the first place? Seems odd that a faceless man would allow himself to be captured, however if he was going beyond his duty(like defending Arya's escape) that might just explain it.
The Debt
Do you remember Arya's first task? information collection.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Another question is what was H'ghar doing in the black cells in the first place? Seems odd that a faceless man would allow himself to be captured, however if he was going beyond his duty(like defending Arya's escape) that might just explain it.
He was not. The real H'ghar Was in the Black Cells. A Faceless Man killed him and took his place (and face) for the trip North. Rorge and Biter saw the process. That is why they were terrified of him.

Maybe Syrio and maybe not. Probably not.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Just finished watching the past season a few nights ago and haven't been checking in on the threads, so forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone think Stannis might be raised by the White Walkers down the road as an undead champion so he can realize Melisandres' dream of walking the battlements of Winterfell? I could see all the dead from his last battle raised for a climactic seige on Winterfell.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Not sure they can raise anyone who dies south of the wall... the wall is embedded with magic spells and wards. There were a couple of dudes who were "dead/alive" south of the wall, but they were killed North of the wall then brought south, IIRC
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
ot sure they can raise anyone who dies south of the wall...

Sounds like wishful thinking. The spells denied Coldhands passage, but I'm sure the WW have a plan for breaching the wall. Once on the other side, I don't see a reason they can't convert the dead.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Also, I bought:

Rogues - The Daemon Targaryan novella is in there (GRRM) [~104-129 AC] I started reading this one and realized it should be read first, I thought it was Daemon Blackfyre, but it's not, it is about Daemon Targaryan
Dangerous Women - The Dance of Dragons novella is in there (GRRM) - good read so far [~129 AC]
Legends - The Hedge Knight novella is in there (GRRM) [209 AC]
Legends II - The Sworn Sword novella is in there (GRRM) [211 AC] - good quick read; interesting backstories
Warriors - The Mystery Knight novella is in there (GRRM) [211 AC] - good quick read; interesting backstories
redline248
AG
There has to be some sort of short range limit on WW ability to raise dead. I doubt they instantly know there is a new dead body anywhere north of the wall.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
To clarify, I think the walkers breach the wall and raise Stannis and his army when they reach Winterfell. I doubt they raise him from north of the wall.*
Geo Gator 03
I agree they breach the wall. I'm starting to think the ww overrun all of Westeros. Especially if Jon is resurrected and for some reason ends up in the free cities. It would be very GRRM to wipe out a continent. You could still have Dany, Tyrion, Dothraiki and unsullied to fight against eternal night, possibly Jon and a few other characters make their way there. Old Valyria likely has plenty of steel for Jorah to retrieve, Bolton's wiped out, KL at war with adorn only to be slaughtered by ice zombies. Could be cool.
redline248
AG
So yeaaaaaah....If they get past the wall and start raising the dead. That's game over. No one south of the wall has burned bodies, and there has to be crypts and graveyards everywhere.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Interesting tidbit from the Dance of Dragons...

Nettles, the girl who is a "Dragonseed" aka born a ******* Targaryan during the "First Night" laws, flew off on her Dragon, Sheepstealer (a wild dragon that she mastered at Dragonstone), towards the Bay of Crabs from Maidenpool and was never heard from again.

She is undoubtedly dead during the events of ASOIF, but her dragon could still be alive, as they live hundreds of years.
wangus12
AG
Apparently this is one of the filming sites for Season 6.

Hello Tower of Joy
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

Hello Tower of Joy

YES
mid90
AG
quote:

Hello Tower of Joy

Wasn't there supposed to have been a nearly identical filming site for season 5? and everyone was like OMG TOWER OF JOY?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

Hello Tower of Joy

Wasn't there supposed to have been a nearly identical filming site for season 5? and everyone was like OMG TOWER OF JOY?
Don't you crush my dreams mid!
RDV-1992
I think that the real question is if Syrio is a Targaryen.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
So yeaaaaaah....If they get past the wall and start raising the dead. That's game over. No one south of the wall has burned bodies, and there has to be crypts and graveyards everywhere.

Do WW not like water?

1. Build ships
2. Sail around the wall
3. ????
4. Profit!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
maybe water melts them!!!!

like the wicked witch:

or the aliens from Signs

I seriously doubt GRRM is that stupid or simple.

aggie93
AG
quote:

Hello Tower of Joy
Though I am hoping TOJ, I think it is more likely a new set for the Sand Snakes to create their own storyline and we can see even more of their awesome fighting and acting skills.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Though I am hoping TOJ, I think it is more likely a new set for the Sand Snakes to create their own storyline and we can see even more of their awesome fighting and acting skills. bewbs

First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.