*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,607 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

Agreed. Almost in the vein of Jack Nicholson's character in The Departed or something. Menacing and intimidating, but also just a bit off/goofy in a frightening way. And of course with way more resources at his disposal.
i couldn't think of the guy's name (toby jones), but when i read this post, i thought of Jones' performance in the most recent season of Sherlock. obviously not very physically imposing though.

Good call. And he might be the first to join the dual universe villain list.
Brick Tamland
Unsure of his reliability, but..

A fan's wishlist

An "insider info" guy's reply

He later clarified that the Cyborg movie was the only thing on that list he hadn't heard was coming at SDCC. I bet that movie is absolutely dead in the water.
TCTTS
AG
There are people who want a Cyborg movie?

Either way, thanks for the info. Should be a very interesting year for WB at Comic-Con this year.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

There are people who want a Cyborg movie?

Ray Fisher and his parents?
TCTTS
AG
Also, does anyone else find it odd that after years of studios giving us their projected slates years in advance, we suddenly have very little idea what DC, Marvel, X-Men, and Star Wars have planned beyond 2019?
TCTTS
YouBet
AG
Not even sure I would rent a Cyborg movie.
Brick Tamland
I don't, and I'm even good with the Birds of Prey movie
Brick Tamland
And WB should do something to own the big hall this year since Marvel Studios isn't doing anything at their normal level
TCTTS
AG
That will likely be the Aquaman trailer/presentation. Trailer will almost assuredly drop online simultaneously as well.

And if they bring Affleck out with Reeves, and finally, once and for all, announce/commit to The Batman along with a release date, I'd think that would go a really long way with fans.

Sounds like WB is going to announce the new slate as well (more Superman, Birds of Prey, etc.) and this does kind of feel like it could be a new beginning of sorts. No more Snyder, coasting off the success of Wonder Woman, etc. and things might finally start to look up for the franchise. We'll see, though.
fig96
AG
It's going to be totally fascinating if Aquaman is truly the hit that launches the DCU.
TCTTS
AG
With no Star Wars, it basically has Christmas all to itself, save for the Bumblebee spin-off. So if it's even mildly good I think it's going to clean up at the box office. And if it somehow ends up being underwater Lord of the Rings, which is kind of the vibe people are hinting at, it could be a massive surprise hit.
fig96
AG
Totally think you're right, you've got a much more charismatic lead than BvS and what's sounding like a really interesting world along with ideal scheduling.

This might be the first DC film in a while I'm genuinely excited for.
AgMarauder04
AG
He was one of my favs in JL.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

With no Star Wars, it basically has Christmas all to itself, save for the Bumblebee spin-off. So if it's even mildly good I think it's going to clean up at the box office. And if it somehow ends up being underwater Lord of the Rings, which is kind of the vibe people are hinting at, it could be a massive surprise hit.
wait...what??
TCTTS
AG
Check the 2018 release thread. Trailer just dropped and it's on the last page.
Brick Tamland
TCTTS
AG
Literally just when I was starting to express the slightest bit of hope for DC they go and do this. Why??? It's almost comical how tone deaf they are at this point. People were beginning to believe in them again!

TCTTS
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

Literally just when I was starting to express the slightest bit of hope for DC they go and do this. Why??? It's almost comical how tone deaf they are at this point. People were beginning to believe in them again!

And this is why I laugh every time people start to believe in them again.
Brick Tamland
I've seen rumors of them removing some tattoos (mainly "Damaged"). Seems like they would rather focus on villian movies than the main superheroes. If it works out then DC could have villains people actually care about, rather than Marvel's one-off villains aside from Loki and Thanos.
Brick Tamland
For the record, stupid idea. They're making the DCEU a cash grab (which has mostly failed) instead of actually trying to make good, coherent movies that the general audience can enjoy.
YouBet
AG
Goodness. Now the second DCEU movie I won't be watching and I'll watch damn near anything. First Cyborg and now Leto as Joker.
TCTTS
AG
There's no way a Cyborg movie ever sees the light of day, so you can cross that one off your list.
Brick Tamland
Here's to hoping Aquaman is really good and they go back to realizing that we want our main 6 or 7 JL characters with a few extras.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

There's no way a Cyborg movie ever sees the light of day, so you can cross that one off your list.
Excellent.
Brick Tamland

Hold on... what if it's a movie about Joker and Harley killing Robin?
TCTTS
AG
_lefraud_
AG
SIAD, but what happened to the Flash stand alone?
TCTTS
AG
Still happening. Directed by the guys who recently did Game Night. We'll likely get a release date at Comic-Con next month. Though, it'll be 2020 at the earliest.
Dro07
AG
Shhhhhhhhh... if they hear you they will bring it back!!!
TCTTS
AG
I posted this a few pages back, for anyone who missed it. WB/DC's current/supposed slate. Though, we can now unfortunately add Leto's Joker movie as well. Either way, again, surely WB/DC will be setting most of this in stone next month at Comic-Con, along with maybe a couple other surprise announcements...

Quote:

12.21.2018 - Aquaman

04.05.2019 - Shazam!
11.01.2019 - Untitled Wonder Woman Sequel

TBA 2020 - Untitled The Flash Project
TBA 2020 - Birds of Prey

TBA 2020/21? - The Batman
TBA 2020/21? - Batgirl
TBA 2020/21? - Green Lantern Corps
TBA 2020/21? - New Gods
TBA 2020/21? - Untitled Man of Steel Sequel
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

I posted this a few pages back, for anyone who missed it. WB/DC's current/supposed slate. Though, we can now unfortunately add Leto's Joker movie as well. Either way, again, surely WB/DC will be setting most of this in stone next month at Comic-Con, along with maybe a couple other surprise announcements...

Quote:

12.21.2018 - Aquaman

04.05.2019 - Shazam!
11.01.2019 - Untitled Wonder Woman Sequel

TBA 2020 - Untitled The Flash Project
TBA 2020 - Birds of Prey

TBA 2020/21? - The Batman
TBA 2020/21? - Batgirl
TBA 2020/21? - Green Lantern Corps
TBA 2020/21? - New Gods
TBA 2020/21? - Untitled Man of Steel Sequel

And I'm good with any of those....if only.......
swimmerbabe11
rhutton125
AG
This is crazy. I haven't seen anyone yet who thought this was a good idea.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.