*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,202 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty awesome Suicide Squad/Sacramento Kings mashup. Anyone who follows the NBA will know how accurate this comparison is.

SeattleAgJr
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
So... Suicide Squad may have a little bit of a love triangle going. According to a Will Smith quote, Deadshot is going to have his eye on Harley. Quotes at HeroicHollywood.com.

Ugh

I'm pretty sure they have hooked up in the comics
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Same here. If Star Wars is as HALF good as people are hoping, BvS is going to feel like a wet fart come March.
FIFY
Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
So... Suicide Squad may have a little bit of a love triangle going. According to a Will Smith quote, Deadshot is going to have his eye on Harley. Quotes at HeroicHollywood.com.

Ugh

I'm pretty sure they have hooked up in the comics
YUP
swimmerbabe11
I stopped watching that trailer as soon as I heard the line "I threw them in a hole and threw away the hole."

I can't handle it.

Also, Deadshot and Harley Quinn isn't a problem. The "daddy's little monster" stuff all over her is. Suicide Squad is where Harley had a bit of an identity outside of Joker.

also:
AliasMan02
AG
So, does DC have a concrete plan on how to introduce magic? I doubt it.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
So, does DC have a concrete plan on how to introduce anything? I doubt it.

FIFY
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
So... even the Joker hates Jar Jar???

jabberwalkie09
AG
Is it possible to actually to become less interested in a movie the more they put out about it? Because... That's what is happening for me with Suicide Squad.....
redline248
AG
Usually when there is this much promotion, it's b/c the movie sucks.
SeattleAgJr
Dro07
AG
quote:

I mean... I'd Spank her...
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
Is it possible to actually to become less interested in a movie the more they put out about it? Because... That's what is happening for me with Suicide Squad.....
I hate that the Fresh Prince isn't going to be in ID2 but he's in this crap.
Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
I hate that the Fresh Prince isn't going to be in ID2 but he's in this crap.
wait... he isn't going to save earf anymore?! missed that update
fig96
AG
quote:
It's the inverse JJ Abrams effect.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Word.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
How is it that Harley's entire getup (makeup, outfit, accessories, even the gun) all look like an elaborate Halloween costume and not a major character from a studio blockbuster?

Yes, she's hot. Her getup still looks stupid.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

With her resemblance to another actress, I think it's appropriate to say that DC "Britta'd" Harley Quinn......
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
How is it that Harley's entire getup (makeup, outfit, accessories, even the gun) all look like an elaborate Halloween costume and not a major character from a studio blockbuster?

Have you ever seen Harley?
R0GUE
AG
quote:

With her resemblance to another actress, I think it's appropriate to say that DC "Britta'd" Harley Quinn......
I think she looks exactly like Jamie Pressley.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, late Friday night I was channel surfing and came upon a movie called Poison Ivy: The New Seduction on HBO. Had to have been Jamie Pressley's first movie, and I thought the exact same thing. Looked identical to Robbie. And btw, I highly recommend the movie, and not for the plot...
jeffk
AG
Cinematography?

Writing?

What is it man!?!?!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Ha, late Friday night I was channel surfing and came upon a movie called Poison Ivy: The New Seduction on HBO. Had to have been Jamie Pressley's first movie, and I thought the exact same thing. Looked identical to Robbie. And btw, I highly recommend the movie, and not for the plot...

Not gonna lie... I recently watched that entire movie.

It was fantastic
TCTTS
AG
Ha, YES. Caught it about 15 minutes in, and after another ten minutes I was so... intrigued... I started from the beginning via on demand. Even with the backstory, none of it made a lick of sense. Didn't matter one bit though...
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Poison Ivy: the New Seduction should be included on that thread about perfect films.

What I was referring to above was that Margot Robbie bears a striking resemblance to Gillian Jacobs from "Community".

Here is Jacobs in Goth makeup:

Dro07
AG
quote:

GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:

Have you ever seen Harley?
Yes, and this version looks like an elaborate Halloween costume version of Harley.
Dro07
AG

Dro07
AG
don't get me wrong that went a lil over with the tats but outside of her old costume from before the new 52 its not far off
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

I prefer #3. #2 is not bad either. Let's see Margot in one of those!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

If a girl dressed like this showed up at a Halloween party a year ago, would anyone have looked at her and said, "oh yeah, that's Harley Quinn."

Nope.

As folks mentioned this summer, she looks like a roller derby girl. When someone tells you it's Harley, you can tilt your head and say "Pigtails, a little red and black, a baseball bat, I kind of see it," but that's it. She has only a passing resemblance to the source material.

Getting away from the source material is fine when it's an improvement, but in this case I'd gladly take the Arkham version of Harley over what Suicide Squad is giving us. It's crazy to say this about a universe that's supposed to be more grounded in reality, but Suicide Squad's Harley is the most over-the-top version of Harley I've seen. The costume designs for this movie have been horrendous. When Batman shows up, I half expect him to have nipples on his costume again and a glowing neon bat symbol across his chest.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.