*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,019 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, BvS looks better than before but I'm not too into the new Lex at all.

Suicide Squad... I guess it'd mean more if I had any clue who anyone was aside from Harley and Joker. I mean I know some of the names, but not like, anything about Deadshot as a character beyond that Arkham Origins level.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Yeah, that SS trailer may actually be even better than the BvS trailer. Way more serious/haunting than I thought. That said, I can't tell if it legit looks good, or it's the music that's selling it, because that track over the footage is so perfect.
Honestly I was thinking the same thing. That music helped elevate it out of being just some teamup villain movie. I am pretty certain a Sinister Six trailer with that music overlay would have looked good.

Still a solid trailer and am interested to see Harley and Joker in action. The few snippets seem positive. It is still odd after playing Arkham Knight and having Mark Hamill be the voice and the original voice for Harley as well. Mark Hamill has made such a distinctive Joker, more so than any other live action Joker to date. Excited to see where Leto takes this.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'll go ahead and say it, after seeing the Suicide Squad trailer I'm not really feeling the excitement.
West Texan
AG
I liked the Suicide Squad trailer a lot, but the more I see the new Joker, the more I think he looks like Marilyn Manson.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I'll go ahead and say it, after seeing the Suicide Squad trailer I'm not really feeling the excitement.
Why not? What's missing?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has there been any rumor/speculation about Jared Leto's Joker being a part of Justice League or future movies?

Gotta play a role in that, right?
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
Why not? What's missing?

I thought it was boring.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Has there been any rumor/speculation about Jared Leto's Joker being a part of Justice League or future movies?

Gotta play a role in that, right?

I'm thinking he'll have a huge role in the solo Batman movie. And yeah, surely he'll show up in Justice League to some extent (which will come before the solo Batman movie).
Sex Panther
AG
They should do a Batman: Court of Owls movie, but something tells me they won't do one without an established villain

Gotta think after Arkham Knight, The Scarecrow is primed for a legit turn

TCTTS
AG
Looks like the official version of the Suicide Squad trailer is about to drop...

swimmerbabe11
He's mad that the Hall H footage got leaked...

Don't they expect that by now?
TCTTS
AG
Hence why hardly any studios went this year. It's impossible for studios to premiere footage exclusively for the Comic-Con audience now.
TCTTS
AG
BOOM.

swimmerbabe11
That's silly to me.

yeah, of course I'm gonna try to see the bootleg footage, but would I much prefer to be there in person?? Yes.

That's like saying getting to watch the World Series on TV using bunny ears isn't fair to the people who went to the game.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
He's mad that the Hall H footage got leaked...

"Crowd members using their cell phones to record Comic-Con trailers? Shocked, I tell you!"
swimmerbabe11
If I were them, I would have cut the entire dinner scene. Why do I need a close shot of her cutting her steak?

Just skip straight to "We're the Patsies, some kind of suicide squad" and "Let's go save the world"

Get rid of the 'Jokes on Me' music unless its leading into some heavy rock showing some action footage. Less floaty more punchy.
rhutton125
AG
Yeah... trailers are weird. Why waste screen time on steak-cutting? Posturing, I guess.

Reminds me of the new Fantastic Four trailer. "Our company is failing" "we have Reed Richards this time!", shots of him meeting the team, some not-funny banter, "they cracked inter-dimensional travel!".... I just checked, it's 1:28 before the first sign of super powers. Isn't that literally the plot of the movie? People get super-powers?

Not that it needs to show us explosions from the very first shot, but... I dunno. Trailers are funny, I guess.
Dro07
AG
I went from thinking SS was going to be stupid to thinking not much of it now... i guess thats good
fig96
AG
quote:
Yeah... trailers are weird. Why waste screen time on steak-cutting? Posturing, I guess.

Reminds me of the new Fantastic Four trailer. "Our company is failing" "we have Reed Richards this time!", shots of him meeting the team, some not-funny banter, "they cracked inter-dimensional travel!".... I just checked, it's 1:28 before the first sign of super powers. Isn't that literally the plot of the movie? People get super-powers?

Not that it needs to show us explosions from the very first shot, but... I dunno. Trailers are funny, I guess.
And the newest FF tv trailer has the Kanye song our football team enters to...go figure.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

And the newest FF tv trailer has the Kanye song our football team enters to...go figure.

Gots that SWAG
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Hmm I'm not sure what to think of this one. I'm not really a fan of the look of either The Joker or Harley, as I've said before, but I think both actors could do a great job with their characters and that would be enough for me to get over it. The trailer certainly made me more interested in the movie but perhaps me watching the bootleg version helped with that in a way. I thought the music was a good choice for the trailer and it was cool seeing the crowd cheer for both Harley and The Joker, I guess the excitement is contagious.
Simplebay
AG
holy hell will smith is way miscast in this. big miss.

LETS GO SAVE DA EARF
Jim01
AG
quote:
Yeah, that SS trailer may actually be even better than the BvS trailer. Way more serious/haunting than I thought. That said, I can't tell if it legit looks good, or it's the music that's selling it, because that track over the footage is so perfect.
Agreed. I LOVED the music/footage combo.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Why not? What's missing?
It didn't hook or excite me. That could change with the next trailer we get, but right now I just don't feel the excitement the rest of y'all are apparently getting from the trailer. It looks better than I thought it was going to be, but at this point I'm still not sure I will see it in theaters. Personally I have a concern that Ayers is putting too much effort into the physical manifestation of the character's damaged personalities like Joker's tattoos that the substance may be lacking. It comes off as Ayers wanting to try and channel his inner Nolan but trying to balance it with a bit of comic book-esque styling and coming off as pretentious.
Dro07
AG
This movie is still a year away Aug 2016... wtf else are they going to show to get people more pumped about this movie? They blew their load too early imo.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not sure why Harley was in a fenced cage inside a huge open cell. She's crazy, but not Hannibal Lector. She's in that and Deadshot (a meticulous assassin) is in a regular cell?
Dro07
AG
oh and that Joker Cackle? Sounds like he needs his inhaler
AliasMan02
AG
Lots of slow motion standing around in the trailer.

And, as previously discussed, I think they'll have a hard time separating some of the characters.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
I loved the laugh. Very menacing.
TajMaballer
AG

Ezra Miller talking about his excitement of playing Flash. He gives a nice shout out to Grant Gustin and the television show. Still curious to see if they do a Green Arrow movie.
Dro07
AG
wait so DC is doing a TV show about the flash in the DC universe and they are doing a Flash movie that for the most part will be the condensed version of the show but it may possibly have Sup or Bats or Aqua? Man these DC guys are amazing
Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
I loved the laugh. Very menacing.
He sounded like the penguin instead of the joker
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Ezra Miller talking about his excitement of playing Flash. He gives a nice shout out to Grant Gustin and the television show. Still curious to see if they do a Green Arrow movie.

Damn that dude is high off his ass
Dro07
AG
holy crap i just watched it... wow
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:

Damn that dude is high off his ass
Holy ****, that's hilarious.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.