Things you never caught at first

14,911 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great thread
Aggie Infantry
AG
JeffAggie2012
AG
Took me a while to realize that Luanne from King of the Hill was named after Luby's Lu Ann Platter
TX AG 88
AG
In the bar/lounge scene in Caddyshack, when Smails and Czervik get in the little dustup that leads to the golf wager, Ty Webb grabs Dr. Beeper in a sleeper hold as he's breaking up the "fight". I probably saw the movie 10 times before I ever noticed that, and when I did, I LMAO.
chipotle
quote:
Took me a while to realize that Luanne from King of the Hill was named after Luby's Lu Ann Platter

Or that this was luanne:

Deputy Travis Junior
The song Growing on Me by The Darkness is about an STD.

I know, not a movie. Whatever.
MW03
AG
Fight Club is the movie that keeps on giving. A couple years back, I tossed the DVD in but couldn't find the remote. The FBI warning (that I always skipped) revealed a message from Tyler.

CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
I seem to catch a new joke every time I watch Airplane! & I've seen it many times.
Ulrich
Fight Club is a good one... and here's a theory for you: Marla is another figment of his imagination. Think of how often she speaks and no one reacts, or that she is able to show up to a testicular cancer meeting and no one seems to notice anything wrong, or that she becomes Jack's spirit animal, or that her lifestyle is an invisible one.
MW03
AG
Don't his cronies drag her up to the building at the end, though?
Picard
AG
Star Trek IV

Scotty can't beam Chekov back from the aircraft carrier and then loses contact with him. While trying to get back In contact, Scotty spits on himself and it rolls down his belly.

[This message has been edited by Picard (edited 8/28/2014 6:14a).]
Creme de Menthe
quote:
Fight Club is a good one... and here's a theory for you: Marla is another figment of his imagination. Think of how often she speaks and no one reacts, or that she is able to show up to a testicular cancer meeting and no one seems to notice anything wrong, or that she becomes Jack's spirit animal, or that her lifestyle is an invisible one.

I see you this and raise you the theory that Ferris Bueller and Sloane are to Cameron what Tyler and Marla are to The Narrator though that movie never has a "reveal".
zap
AG
It took me a while to realize how incongruent the name "Hill Valley" is.

chris1515
AG
Big Bang Theory

Amy lives in apartment 314.
Pi=3.14

I was proud of myself for noticing that one.
Jacques
quote:
Everyone wears Crocs in Idiocracy. Watched it a dozen times before realizing it.

And...there's my excuse to watch this again...
Know Your Enemy
AG
Sheriff Farley from My Cousin Vinny is D-Day from Animal House.
The Debt
quote:
Sheriff Farley from My Cousin Vinny is D-Day from Animal House.

And the judge is Hermann munster
Know Your Enemy
AG
Duh
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Duh

Uh, same can be said for your Cousin Vinny "revelation".
Carlo4
AG
Lawyer coached the Hawks in mighty ducks
Bruce Almighty
AG
And the sherif coached Prescott in Wildcats
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
Duh

Uh, same can be said for your Cousin Vinny "revelation".

No way. It's nowhere near as obvious.
Whos Juan
AG
Upgrayedd in Idiocracy is played by Scarface.
TajMaballer
AG
Currently watching Parks and Rec from the beginning. If you haven't seen this most recent season and don't want anything spoiled here is your SPOILER TAG:

When Leslie goes on a date with Will Arnett's character, she ends up getting a MRI on the date. Arnett's character says that Leslie could have triplets right off the bat. Thought that was awesome continuity!

END SPOILER TAG
jr15aggie
AG
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

1. In that random scene with the monks chanting and them hitting themselves over the head... One of the monks gets into the role a bit too much a smacks himself hard enough where he stumbles out of line for a split second.

2. There are numerous scenes where people in the background are abusing cats for no apparent reason.

The movie also gets better the more I watch it. "Build a bridge out of her!"
Carlo4
AG
Porkins is really fat... and his name is Porkins

[This message has been edited by PDEMDHC (edited 8/31/2014 9:54p).]
JeffAggie2012
AG
quote:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

1. In that random scene with the monks chanting and them hitting themselves over the head... One of the monks gets into the role a bit too much a smacks himself hard enough where he stumbles out of line for a split second.

2. There are numerous scenes where people in the background are abusing cats for no apparent reason.

The movie also gets better the more I watch it. "Build a bridge out of her!"

It has been a long time since I have watched it, but if I remember correctly there is a scene where a couple of guys in the background have a coconut tied to two swallows and are trying to see if they can carry it.
metrag06
AG
I saw Ghostbusters in the theater on Monday - grew up with a VHS copy of it and have probably seen it somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 times.

It was the first time I noticed the giant Stay Puft ad painted on the building next to the fire station as it blows up.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

It has been a long time since I have watched it, but if I remember correctly there is a scene where a couple of guys in the background have a coconut tied to two swallows and are trying to see if they can carry it.
yes, they do. My son noticed it the first time he saw the movie.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
So everyone knows Niedermeyer from Animal House, right? Well, if you don't you should. Anyway, John Landis directed Animal House. John Landis also directed one of the stories in the The Twilight Zone movie in the early/mid 80's. One scene in his part of the movie takes place in Vietnam and you can hear a couple of the soldiers say something about fragging Niedermeyer. I didn't catch that for many years......
Deputy Travis Junior
The guy who played Van Wilder's dad also played Otter in Animal House.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
The guy who played Van Wilder's dad also played Otter in Animal House.

Dude, seriously?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
That's even worse than the D-day/sheriff Farley one from earlier.
TXAG 05
AG
The guy that played Indiana Jones' dad was also in some James Bond movies
Deputy Travis Junior
In my defense, the only two movies I've seen with him are Van Wilder and Animal House.

I guess it's a lot more obvious for somebody who's seen a lot of his movies.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.