Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe

4,312 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by fig96
dcaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else catch this on ABC tonight?

Pretty cool to have everyone involved in all the movies take about the evolution and how they made everything work throughout the films already out.

Also, spent a good bit of time talking about new Captain America movie (talking about what to expect and showing some more footage while they were talking) and Guardians (again showed some new footage why talking about the movie, showed some footage of Star Lord in his helmet).

They then talked about Avengers 2. Showing some concept art for Ultron. And if they can make him look like the rendering they were showing, it will be really good and very menacing. They showed someone involved with the filming the movie (not sure his name) talking about they were in Johannesburg getting ready to shoot his most anticipated scene. It then went to a person on set standing next to a giant iron man hand, then cut over to a rendition of Hulk and the Hulkbuster Suit grappling.

The special ended with a voice over talking about whats to come with a scene (from I'm not sure what movie) of Ant Man running down a hallway appearing to switch between big and small form then ending with him getting into an elevator as the doors close changing into his small form (but it ends about halfway to his small form).
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HULKBUSTER.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
The special ended with a voice over talking about whats to come with a scene (from I'm not sure what movie) of Ant Man running down a hallway appearing to switch between big and small form then ending with him getting into an elevator as the doors close changing into his small form (but it ends about halfway to his small form).

That's the test footage Edgar Wright came up with a year or two ago. No filming yet, but I'm guessing they're getting close.

Didn't know about this show. Hopefully it will re air.
dave94
AG
This show was pretty good, definitely a great reminder of just how well Marvel has brought this all together.

Damned impressive.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I don't think there has ever been a studio where ever single film they've made, or any other project, have all been connected. What an undertaking it is and now it just has all the momentum.

I was thrilled to see the Hulkbuster and am very curious as to what that would mean for the Hulk.

(Obviously he'll be in the Avengers and everything, but I'd like to see a Planet Hulk movie and I think most of the comic fans want to see it too, maybe it can be the final movie of Phase 3 before returning to Earth to face Thanos.)
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Didn't know about this show. Hopefully it will re air.

It was in the time slot that's normally "Agents of SHIELD". You can see it on ABC.com, I think.

[This message has been edited by MooreTrucker (edited 3/19/2014 9:48a).]
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Jeez, how big would that suit be in real life?

There will also be a replay of this show on Saturday night, I believe.

[This message has been edited by GiveEmHellBill (edited 3/19/2014 9:51a).]
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
Jeez, how big would that suit be in real life?

This big

MooreTrucker
AG
They also mentioned some One-Shot short films. I wondere where those can be seen.
Saxsoon
AG
DVDs
fig96
AG
The one shots are on all the dvd/blu-rays that have been released, there's one each on everything since the first Iron Man I believe.

You can find a few scattered around the web, I haven't seen all of them but A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to Thor's Hammer is my fave so far.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
They also mentioned some One-Shot short films. I wondere where those can be seen.

All Hail the King is pretty important for Iron Man 3.
YellowPot_97
AG
I've watched all the one shots online. Little googling will find them.
Sex Panther
AG
All Hail The King is a must watch
fig96
AG
I've seen a clip of that one but need to track down the full version, thanks for the heads up.
Saxsoon
AG
The Agent Carter one was pretty much her pilot for the ABC series.
jeffk
AG
Anyone else see phase three culminating with Civil War?

Seems like the increasing power of SHIELD coupled with Cap's reluctance at their new role leads right into that.
Red Five
AG
IMO Marvel doesn't, and may not ever, have enough established brands to pull off Civil War. I know people keep hoping for it, but I think you are fooling yourself if you think it's going to happen. It's simply too big.
jeffk
AG
What do you think will the feature of Avengers 3 then? (Wrapping up phase 3.)
fig96
AG
It wouldn't be the same scale as the comics, but it could certainly work on a somewhat more limited scale.

It looks like Cap may be starting to wander that way with some of what we've seen in Winter Soldier, and the general theme of Civil War plays very well into our present day overregulated government.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them at least borrow in some way from Civil War in the upcoming films.
Sex Panther
AG
Cliffs Notes on Civil War?
jeffk
AG
Big mutant caused accident kills a bunch of people. US government forces all mutants to register. Ironman and SHIELD enforce this legislation while Capt and other oppose it.
Sex Panther
AG
Oh I kinda remember that story line... But for some reason I was thinking the X-Men/Mutants didn't exist in the same world as the Avengers.
jeffk
AG
They don't in these movies because of the different studios licensed to do the films, but in the comics they were woven together pretty often.
Aggie94
AG
Re: Civil War

/Marvel geek glasses put on

It wasn't a mutant, but a guy named Nitro who blew up most of a small town when a bunch of young superheroes attempted a half-ass raid on his hide-out for a reality TV show.

This led the government to decide that ALL people with powers should register with the government. Iron Man took up with the gov't, while Cap led those who felt that was an intrusion of privacy/rights.

Almost all the heroes of the Marvel Universe were involved in the conflict. It culminated with the assassination of Cap after he surrendered himself to end the violence.

There aren't near enough heroes established in the Marvel cinematic universe to do the storyline justice.

Red Five
AG
I was just about to post but Aggie94 beat me to it.

/Marvel ultra-geek glasses on

While Nitro wasn't a mutant he WAS on mutant growth hormone at the time which amplified his powers. So it was like half a mutant's fault.
Red Five
AG
Also, I think Avengers 3 is definitely going to be the Infinity Gauntlet. They have already revealed Thanos and 2 of the Infinity Gems, with a third supposedly popping up in Guardians. No question in my mind that will be the focus of Avengers 3.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Oh I kinda remember that story line... But for some reason I was thinking the X-Men/Mutants didn't exist in the same world as the Avengers.

In fact in the comics, many mutants/X-Men have also been Avengers including: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, Cannonball, Sunspot, Firestar, Justice, and of course Wolverine.
Ganondorf
AG
The current incarnation, following AvX, is Uncanny Avengers with Havok leading a team that has Scarlett Witch and Rogue on it.

I've only just started reading those.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Iron Man took up with the gov't, while Cap led those who felt that was an intrusion of privacy/rights.

This seems so backwards to me. I would expect Cap to go with the government while Stark goes against it.
fig96
AG
quote:
This seems so backwards to me. I would expect Cap to go with the government while Stark goes against it.

Exactly

It's a really well written book, you can pick up the collected digital comics for probably 10 or 15 bucks to read on iPad/Android and it's well worth the read.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
Iron Man took up with the gov't, while Cap led those who felt that was an intrusion of privacy/rights.

On a surface level yes, but consider that Tony Stark believes you can create order in any system using logic - he's the ultimate pragmatic thinker. Meanwhile Cap, above all, stands for freedom.

When you read it, it all kind of clicks.
Ganondorf
AG
Also, Tony acts on the future before it shows up and he sees registration as the future.
Red Five
AG
Also, Tony, along with Reed Richards, considers himself a futurist. His business is predicting what needs to be invented before any one actually knows they need it. He looks down the road and 100% believes that Superheros willbe outlawed if they dont embrace registration. He even predicted that it would happen with a disaster exactly like what occurred. As was said, his position is based entirely on pragmatism.
Red Five
AG
Damn it, Ganondorf.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.