What movie sequels or spin-offs do you wish would happen?

3,517 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by aggiebrad94
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Many of these suggestions are already in some form of planning.

The Departed, Transformers 4 and Riddick are already in the works. Riddick is close to filming and Bay is being wooed back by Spielberg for TF4.

And there are plans for two more Independence Day sequels with Will Smith on board earlier this year, but not confirmed yet.

For me, I'd love to see Natalie Portman in "Mathilda: The Professional 2"

[This message has been edited by GiveEmHellBill (edited 12/17/2011 3:56p).]
capn-mac
quote:
That book was so cinematic and visual already. Just take what's on the page and throw it on the screen

Gee, like Millennium?
Or the way H'wood has managed to turn every Clive Cussler book into a stinker?

John Ringo's Aldenata would be a smashing "franchise" for h'wood. Except that h'wood would need much more cuddly aliens, and the military people would have to be more craven and less heroic; but still win and have a happy ending each time.

It's like imagining what "The Ten Commandments" would look like today if Cecil DeMille could make it now. Sadly, h'wood would probably try to remake it so that there were no religious references at all, and the Egyptians win. Unless Tarantino directed, it would only be blood everywhere.
Johnsy3
AG
quote:
Would love a Scott Pilgrim and Super Troopers sequel.

I believe a script for super troopers 2 has already been written
Johnsy3
AG
wrong icon
bearamedic99
AG
ooooo, I forgot about Mathilda: The Professional 2 and the world needs a sequel to the adventures of Remo Williams.
Say Chowdah
AG
A reboot of the Fletch series keeping an homage to the original (funny, clever, lots of disguises, smart ass).

I'm thinking Jason Segal as Irwin Fletcher aka Jane Doe.
Rahul0282
I just cant yet have enough of Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!
Morpholino
AG
Pulp Fiction 2 would be the shit
aTmAg
AG
Band of brothers about the navy battles.
Pignorant
AG
Master and Commander 2
luggagecombo12345
A sequel to Demolition Man that explains how to use the three sea shells and that Sandra Bullock was really Slys daughter.

Necessary Roughness 2. That whole team was mostly freshman with a 1-8-1 season. They could have made 2-3 more movies.

Sequel to Team America... Too easy I guess
Mac94
AG
Would be interesting for the folks that did the Scyfy Battlestar reboot do something for the Star Wars franchise.
Catch
AG
quote:
Know it didn't do well at the box office but I'd like to see the sequel to Rocknrolla from Guy Ritchie. British gangster is where he's at his best.

This! I was really hoping he'd follow through on the sequel.
et98
AG
Another "Vacation" movie where Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo are the crazy old grandparents with money to burn, so they take their adult children & their grandchildren on a cruise. Of course, Cousin Eddie would somehow show up too (assuming Randy Quaid isn't in prison or in an asylum somewhere).
et98
AG
"Schrute Farms Bed and Breakfast"
It would be like Newhart, except with an arrogant fascist nerd and his terrifying cousin, Mose.
Mr.Ackar07
Speed 3: Return to the Bus
SnakePliskin
Caddyshack 2 would be awesome!
t1130
AG
A sequel to the A team
t1130
AG
A sequel to the A team
TxAginAz
AG
Joe Dirt.

*********************************************************************************************************************
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women."

Claude os, aperi oculos!
Steve Billings
Predators 2, I really wish Arnold would make a return as Dutch.
Steve Billings
quote:
Another "Vacation" movie where Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo are the crazy old grandparents with money to burn, so they take their adult children & their grandchildren on a cruise. Of course, Cousin Eddie would somehow show up too (assuming Randy Quaid isn't in prison or in an asylum somewhere).

I would love to see another vacation movie.
BillOnCapitolHill
Clockwork Yellow: More Dangerous than Orange.
MW03
AG
Excellent idea about Vacation. Also, the Joe Dirt suggestion is intriguing. I love any chance to see Brittany Daniel. Reference image. Lingerie shot.

Anyway, I still feel ripped off that I never got a decent sequel to Starship Troopers.

Also, I need to see Anchorman 2 happen. Set in the 1990s with Burgundy an old man.

And I'd love to see Chuck Palahniuk write a sequel to Fight Club about what happens after the bombs go off. But that movie is so close to perfect for me, I have no doubt any sequel would disappoint.

--------

Spinoffs...

-Rounders spin off following either Norton's character or Damon's character in the WS of poker.

-Reservoir Dogs spinoff where you learn that Mr. Pink escaped the warehouse with the diamonds and then sets up 20 years later or whatever with him as a rich gangster

-Pulp Fiction spinoff following Jackson's character getting chased down by Marcellus for quitting the game. Something like that.

[This message has been edited by MW03 (edited 12/19/2011 12:36p).]
AgPediRPh
AG
Joe Dirt +1
BillOnCapitolHill
Boba Fett or Shadows of the Empire or both.

Dark Knight stylization of the Ninja Turtles (let Leonardo kill foot soldiers with his swords)

Transformers, a movie centered around the transformers, crazy right?

An Evil Dead finale

Hercules and the 12 Labors, without Kevin Sorbo or Sam Raimi

An Illiad (Troy) that actually has gods at play

Thats a good start.
King Arthur
Jack Bauer, Chloe, and the gang flying to Sydney for a top-secret CTU assignment and crash on the Lost island.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Just watched 1980's Flash Gordon for the first time and I want a sequel!
BillOnCapitolHill
Jack Bauer, Chloe, and the gang flying to Sydney for a top-secret CTU assignment to capture a virus currently held by Chloe's ex boyfriend and his dashing best friend who intend to sell the virus to the highest bidder, possibly al-Qaeda
Wrec86 Ag
quote:
Jack Bauer, Chloe, and the gang flying to Sydney for a top-secret CTU assignment to capture a virus currently held by Chloe's ex boyfriend and his dashing best friend who intend to sell the virus to the highest bidder, possibly al-Qaeda

Who's the mole?
bthotugigem05
AG
There's not enough time!
Oyster DuPree
AG
Soylent Green 2: Soylent Greener

A slapstick comedy for the whole family.
Sex Panther
AG
MW03,

Not a sequel but they did just announce they are rebooting Starship Troopers.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
Would be interesting for the folks that did the Scyfy Battlestar reboot do something for the Star Wars franchise.
If they followed the same pattern as in BG, then I figure Han Solo would become a chick.
Aggie1
AG
Loaded Weapon 2
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.