Tell me the advantages to living in CS after graduation

1,529 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What racism?

Yeah, we hate all ethnic groups equally.

"Numerical superiority is of no consequence. In battle, victory will always go to the best tactician." - Gen. G. A. Custer
Jarhead96
Especially the race that shaves their head
wapa
USMC...I am married, so do I have to respond to that question?
Jarhead96
well then, what does it matter? The way you sounded, I thought you were a lonely single gal in a town full of popped collars...was gonna hook you up.

[This message has been edited by USMCAg00 (edited 6/10/2005 3:11p).]
Slicer97
AG
quote:
Especially the race that shaves their head.

Hey, chicks dig it.

"Numerical superiority is of no consequence. In battle, victory will always go to the best tactician." - Gen. G. A. Custer
NFLFAN
AG
those aren't chicks.
wapa
USMC....ha ha I am not lonely, just kind of in the same situation as you, don't know what to do for fun in this town. All my friends from college have left and I don't want to do the college scene anymore.
Jarhead96
Misery loves company
NeuroticAg
AG
Blair, go back to grad school and act like you are a college student for another 4, 5 or 6 years. Worked for me.
wapa
NAg....umm can't do that. That is what my husband is doing and I have to work and pay the bills!

USMC....found any good places to go yet?
Jarhead96
3rd Floor Cantina's not bad...plenty of good restaurants off the beaten path, but not much in the way of bars.
Ron Burgundy
Anyone been to The Hook at Lake Bryan? How's the food/refreshments? Might be a good spot to hang out.

As for living here:

Not too big, but not too small (and still has room to grow)
Affordable housing
Good scenery (as previously mentioned)
Low crime
Low pollution
Less of a commute
Aggie sports

I wish there were some more "non-student" hangouts as well. I also wouldn't mind more live music. Maybe downtown Bryan can grow into a nice little oasis for such things.
jja79
AG
I think my plan may be the best. I'm relocating back to CS, but I waited 26 years after my graduation.
jsobertxag
Its been awhile since someone mentioned the hot college ass....
Aggie99
AG
Blair,

You are missing out. When I was in grad school, my wife and I had the time of our lives. It was a lot different that college. We both worked, and I went to school. Man, those grad students could really throw a party. Good times.

Maybe you just need to relax, and stop trying to be all grown up just because you have graduated college. Have some fun while you still can.
ORAggieFan
I'm 25 living here and although I will miss some things when I leave, I can't wait to get out.
TK03
quote:
3. Who needs a car when you live on a bus route?

You are a grad, and you still take the bus every morning? That's just sad.

"TKO you're a piece of work." -- ontheway
suture_scissors
AG
You guys sound like pedophiles.

HOT @SS OMG
bigloco1
Wait, did I see low crime rate??

Man, this is the first time I have ever heard you guys giving the local officers credit....
bigloco1

Man, this is the first time I have ever heard you guys giving the local officers credit....
bigloco1

bigloco1

Ducks4brkfast
Tanya 93
you wasted four of your five posts on a quadruple post?
jeremy
AG
quote:
wish there were some more "non-student" hangouts as well. I also wouldn't mind more live music. Maybe downtown Bryan can grow into a nice little oasis for such things.

I don't know about live music, but as far as a good hang out place, how is Buffalo Wild wings? I've been to one in San Antonio and I really like it. Not too loud and a good sports bar with decent food. Of course I don't like to dance, so clubs or lack thereof have little importance to me.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.