General
Sponsored by

Saturday - is it almost Fall?

2,573 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Duffel Pud
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Green2Maroon said:

I know my life won't change too much either way, right?

Right!

Reed's inability to be consistently D1 level talent even after 3 years, or our run defense getting gashed to pieces or just generally losing the trenches vast majority of the game, or Owens visibly regressing from last year, or the fact we are getting dumpstered by UK of all teams, etc.

None of that can hurt you if you don't let it!
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it fall, like is it time for a&m to take a huge hit in the rankings by losing a game they should've won?

Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Jbob04 said:

I hate Texas summers. The older I get, the more I want to move north but I can't convince the wife



I'll take the heat over snow any day

Man not me. Would give my left nut to live in a colder climate
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
About the end of the third quarter I was just wondering how often men who have lost a testicle say things like that. Or the poster who lost a limb pushing his wife out of the way of a wreckless car, how often does he say "I'd give my left arm for a beer about now."
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What if the car was Door Dash delivering beer?
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eliminatus said:

Green2Maroon said:

I know my life won't change too much either way, right?

Right!

Reed's inability to be consistently D1 level talent even after 3 years, or our run defense getting gashed to pieces or just generally losing the trenches vast majority of the game, or Owens visibly regressing from last year, or the fact we are getting dumpstered by UK of all teams, etc.

None of that can hurt you if you don't let it!

JK!

It still stung a lil. Not as bad as it used too by any measure but getting waffle stomped in our house doesn't feel great either.
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is what it is. We have to play better next week than we did today.
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Green2Maroon said:

It is what it is. We have to play better next week than we did today.

I've watched A&M football for long enough to know that we have to do no such thing.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Calling it a day in Clayton, New Mexico. I'd hoped to make it to Amarillo tonight, but there's just about nothing for the two hours between here and there, so I'll be up early to make Amarillo ... by morning.
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was in the Army with a pretty cool guy from there.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ryan the Temp said:

Calling it a day in Clayton, New Mexico. I'd hoped to make it to Amarillo tonight, but there's just about nothing for the two hours between here and there, so I'll be up early to make Amarillo ... by morning.


I had family on my dad's side from Clayton and Raton.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The more I travel this country and the world, the smaller it seems.
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ryan the Temp said:

The more I travel this country and the world, the smaller it seems.


It's weird, and I respect how you feel…but I feel the exact opposite…I feel it is much bigger. I recently took a road trip that was 2000 miles and the differences between Texas and all I saw and the people I met…it all felt so much bigger.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Ryan the Temp said:

The more I travel this country and the world, the smaller it seems.


It's weird, and I respect how you feel…but I feel the exact opposite…I feel it is much bigger. I recently took a road trip that was 2000 miles and the differences between Texas and all I saw and the people I met…it all felt so much bigger.

I completely agree with you in that regard. What I was getting at was more the connections that seem to pop up in random places. For example, I was in Seoul once and ran into someone I knew from my days at USAFA who happened to be sitting at a bus stop. I stopped at a rest stop in Vermont once and ran into someone I knew when I was at A&M. That's the sort of thing that makes the world feel smaller to. Lord knows the last two days of driving 1,700+ miles felt never-ending for sure.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Terrible sports day between A&M and the Astros. I've detached quite a bit myself so while there is some sting, it won't ruin my weekend like it used to.

All that said, Mrs scd88 and I hosted pre and post game festivities. All of the attendees were friends of our son and daughter. All of these late 20's folks are people we consider our friends, too, at this point. Today we found out:

Two couples are expecting their first child
Did a fun reveal for my son and DIL's baby that is due in March - a granddaughter will join the family and our grandson will be a big brother. We are stoked!

At the end of the day, all I ask for is happy and healthy babies.

To summarize, pretty good day.
Mat Lanticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ErnestEndeavor said:

Fall starts Tuesday. We won't notice.
Texas never does. Not sure why you are whining about it.

If we look at the last 10 years at temp measurements at IAH in the first day of fall, the temp averages ~91 degrees. That's about what 40% of Texas is used to, as ~40% of the populations live within 3 hours of IAH.

It will probably be a bit hotter in the valley and a bit cooler in the panhandle.

That IS Texas fall. Best to uncouple your notion of the ideal fall start from pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks in your flannel jammies or Christmas decorations being up in Wal Mart.
ErnestEndeavor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I expect high 80s and low 90s as high as this time of year with it cooling off at night. What I don't want is it to be 101 and walk outside in the morning and start sweating.

That's late July and somebody needs to tell mother nature it's not July anymore. She needs to wake up and do her job. Maybe we should just find someone else.
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did I miss what the purpose of all the driving was for?
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ErnestEndeavor said:

I expect high 80s and low 90s as high as this time of year with it cooling off at night. What I don't want is it to be 101 and walk outside in the morning and start sweating.

That's late July and somebody needs to tell mother nature it's not July anymore. She needs to wake up and do her job. Maybe we should just find someone else.


July weather is hot but August is almost always hotter.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JMac03 said:

Did I miss what the purpose of all the driving was for?


He's a gun runner.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

JMac03 said:

Did I miss what the purpose of all the driving was for?


He's a gun runner.


Ryan has 36 hours to get some Coors into the Texas...he is the Bandit.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scd88 said:

maroon barchetta said:

JMac03 said:

Did I miss what the purpose of all the driving was for?


He's a gun runner.


Ryan has 36 hours to get some Coors into the Texas...he is the Bandit.


Get him a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper.
Alte Schule
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

scd88 said:

maroon barchetta said:

JMac03 said:

Did I miss what the purpose of all the driving was for?


He's a gun runner.


Ryan has 36 hours to get some Coors into the Texas...he is the Bandit.


Get him a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper.

And make it quick he's in a hurry.
Duffel Pud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.