General
Sponsored by

are there online companies that facility buying/selling stuff?

1,962 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by aggiepaintrain
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to buy sphere metallica tickets from someone on metallica forums.

Is there an online company that can facilitate this transaction so we both are safe? Even if there are fees involved.

I want to pay the $$$ and know I'm getting tickets, and of course he wants to give tickets and know he's getting funds.
Drawkcab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The internet is a fad.
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
eBay?
NormanEH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
paypal goods & services
Drawkcab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Serious answer, have him put the tickets on StubHub and buy them there.

The short story is, if the seller is trying to screw you StubHub will take care of you. One disclaimer: Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want my whole story.

Long story: I bought tickets to the Argentina/Honduras soccer game at Kyle Field on StubHub. StubHub had the seller transfer the tickets to them and then they transferred them to me via the 12th Man Foundation.

However, StubHub clearly never tried to actually access the tickets. They just received the 12th Man transfer link from the seller and passed it on to me, because when I tried to accept the tickets it turned out they were student tickets. 12th Man asked me for my student ID, which I don't have so I couldn't get the tickets.

I reached out to the seller, the 12th Man, and StubHub. The first two were dead ends. The seller swore the tickets were not student tickets and the 12th Man swore they were. That was fairly predictable, but Stubhub's reply said they guaranteed me some comparable tickets or my money back. They asked for a few days to work it out with the seller and then a few days later they sent me 4 different tickets in the same section. I was only trying to buy 3 originally. I have no idea if the original seller ever got the money, but I doubt it.

Of course, there's always a chance he could list the tickets and someone else could buy them before you do. I think who buys the tickets is out of the seller's hands once they're listed. You'd have to move fast, especially if he's giving you a good deal on them.
JamesPShelley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been using Stubhub since I can remeber (decade +). Never had a problem.

Haven't used sticketmaster for decades... always turning to a third party.

There are alternatives to sticketmaster... but I stick with what has worked.

Anamolies will surface occasionally, butt that's what they are anamolies. Rare.
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drawkcab said:

Serious answer, have him put the tickets on StubHub and buy them there.

Of course, there's always a chance he could list the tickets and someone else could buy them before you do. I think who buys the tickets is out of the seller's hands once they're listed. You'd have to move fast, especially if he's giving you a good deal on them.

This is my worry. The price is good (I know.. if it's too good to be true…) but this is a fan forum, and a 'buy/sell/trade' thread so there are people actually selling at face and others far less than secondary.

Can you do a private listing on stubhub?

He says he has issues with PayPal right now (first and only sign of scam so far) but he said he is going to try and fix it and will get back to me)

He sent me a screenshot of the tix.. so that's not usually 'scammy'



NormanEH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's a great deal and he has an issue with the best secure way to transfer the tickets. You have your answer
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NormanEH said:

It's a great deal and he has an issue with the best secure way to transfer the tickets. You have your answer
to be fair, it's just a good deal, not great.

I've sold high demand tickets for a good deal; like s&m2, sold to someone on here for much less than secondary.
Again, it's a fan forum on a buy/sell thread. Not uncommon to get a good deal on tickets.

I haven't lost hope yet!
sherminator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A stranger not wanting to maximize profit and any hesitation with my terms would be big red flags.
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've switched from StubHub to Seat Geek. Seat Geek defaults to showing full prices (after fees). I like that. It also seems like tickets are usually a little cheaper. I use resale markets almost entirely for baseball tickets. The Cardinals and Royals are mediocre and awful, respectively. There are bargains to be had on resale markets.
HaroldShipmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tick pic is the best
Peter Klaven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was me and I still appreciate it nearly ten years later.
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sherminator said:

A stranger not wanting to maximize profit and any hesitation with my terms would be big red flags.

you just never know.

Came across another person on Metallica forums, he had a 2 ticket travel package for the weekend I wanted. He bought these, but someone else in his group got better tickets, so he wanted to offload these, and not wanting to make profit. He's still staying at the same hotel, which thwarted any concerns of checking in.

He listed it on cashortrade.org at face value. Seller has to approve the purchase, it's not like ebay or stubhub where anyone can snag it.

A week later, and I have the vibee email confirmation with the name change showing me, and the experience is in My vibee account. I also reached out to vibee myself, through text # on their website, and confirmed this transfer.



cashortrade.org won't release funds to seller until 3-5 days after event for a travel package, so while they've charged my card, it's in escrow until then.

I didn't know about this website, but it's face value sales only, and fully protected for buyer and seller using escrow to hold funds/tickets until both parties are satisfied. Great way for two people who agree ahead of time to buy/sell, but want to use a platform to do it. The seller has to approve the buy, the buyer simply 'requests' to purchase.


On stubhub, a pair of tickets in the 400s all the way to the side are going for $2500 or more, w/o the hotel.

I paid $2700 for not just two tickets in the FRONT row in 406 which is the MIDDLE section, but I also have 3 night stay at Virgin hotel, which is listed for about $1300. This seller paid ~$2500 back in march.

So tickets are effectively $350 per person per night.

Metallica forums FTW.
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F Stubhub. You're better off risking a P2P with an anon forum member or whomever.

We had tickets through Stubhub to game three of A&M/Tenn at the CWS a few years ago. Great seats - just a few rows up on the 3rd base line. We bought them before the CWS even started, knowing we'd go no matter who was playing. At the time of purchase, the tickets were $425/ea.

Fast forward to the morning of the game. We're in our hotel waiting for StubHub to transfer the tickets (they only do the transfer the day of the event) and we get an email from them saying that the seller is refusing to transfer the tickets we purchased, but they'd gladly find us similar seats. What they only tell you in the fine print is that "similar" means "the price you paid," not "similar area." By the morning before the game, seats in our original section had jumped to $1200. $425 was back row in the outfield.

We wound up having to get a refund from Stubhub and pay through the nose to get close to where we were.
GramAggies96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A stranger not wanting to maximize profit and any hesitation with my terms would be big red flags.
...
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
use venmo, pay with credit card and you're
covered. But this sounds fishy af

we have a fan board too and probably close to a
million bucks has been scammed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.