Worse thing that ever crawled on you while in bed

5,082 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BartInLA
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spare your late night Northgate stories

I had a scorpion sting me on the side of the head. That was a few years ago. Today, a wolf spider about the size of a quarter was on my leg. Two different homes

Aggie12B
AG
OP's mom

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
Aggie Dad 26
Aggie12B said:

OP's mom

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

I'll allow it
Lex
A mostly dead rabbit one of the cats brought in. There was blood everywhere.
Aggie Dad 26
Lex said:

A mostly dead rabbit one of the cats brought in. There was blood everywhere.

You win
AgResearch
AG
You'll never forget the feeling of mouse toe nails walking up your back at night...happened to me in our 1905 farmhouse when I was in high school.
Aggie Dad 26
AgResearch said:

You'll never forget the feeling of mouse toe nails walking up your back at night...happened to me in our 1905 farmhouse when I was in high school.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was two men scared to death while laying (separately) in their sleeping bags in a tent that had mice in it. They were twitchy as they could hear and feel mice around their heads. I pulled my string tight to close myself in. But it was some of the best entertainment watching those two react to the ghost mice.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Nothing. My family has always been middle class and we pay for pest control.

My wife would say my husband.
Aggie Dad 26
Ginormus Ag said:

Nothing. My family has always been middle class and we pay for pest control.

B+ troll
Ginormus Ag
AG
Sweet! Highest grade I've ever gotten.
Aggie Dad 26
Ginormus Ag said:

Sweet! Highest grade I've ever gotten.

It's the highest I've ever given. Bravo
Aggie63
AG
Vietnam. 1966. Heavy rain. I am Inside my tent. Heard a rustling noise at my feet. Turned on my flashlight, grabbed my M-16...4 sets of blood red eyes reflected from my light.

Rats!

They took off, running over my body, my chest....Not pleasant. I can still feel them. Yuk.
aggiebird02
Her name was Kimberly. Fun at the time, not so much later…
3rd Platoon
AG
Aggie63 said:

Vietnam. 1966. Heavy rain. I am Inside my tent. Heard a rustling noise at my feet. Turned on my flashlight, grabbed my M-16...4 sets of blood red eyes reflected from my light.

Rats!

They took off, running over my body, my chest....Not pleasant. I can still feel them. Yuk.

Better rats than a VC!
---------------------------------------
aka Commander 99 and "The Fake Dave South"
BaitShack
AG
A drunk dude that I didn't know crawled into bed with me in Aston Hall. We were living in a study carrell that had was being used as a dorm room.

I asked my bunkmate "Dave, do you know this guy?"

Dave - "No. he looks comfortable. Let him sleep."
Aggie Dad 26
BaitShack said:

Drunk dude that I didn't know crawled into bed with me in Aston Hall. We were living in a study carrell that had was being used as a dorm room.

I asked my bunkmate "Dave, do you know this guy?"

Dave - "No. he looks comfortable. Let him sleep."

Nut to butt
Furlock Bones
AG
Stung 2x on the neck by a scorpion.
Krazykat
AG
Red wasp. I was sleeping and awoke when I felt a pain in my hand. Those buggers hurt!
lexofer
AG
We always had lots of scorpions, they never bothered me much. It was the foot long red headed centipede I found in my bed that still has me checking my sheets every night decades later.

Athanasius
AG
LupinusTexensis
In Cambodia. No electricity…. Night is dark. Roaches and rats crawling all over the room. I did not sleep a wink that night as I could hear/feel them scuttling all around.
deer corn
3rd vote here for scorpion. I hate them so so much. Pest service routinely and granules put out. There are always a few that still make it in the house.

Little arrogant creepers.
MouthBQ98
AG
Get this one: I had a tree frog get in the house, get in the bedroom, and in the middle of the night, it jumped, and scored a perfect landing right into my open mouth as I was apparently yawning in my sleep.

Imagine being woken up in the middle of the night to that experience and trying to figure out what was happening…

A close second was my wife's cat. It used to sometimes curl up by her head in the pillow at night, which placed it also close to my head. One night the cat had done that, and the dog at the foot of the bed heard some stray cats outside fighting, so he popped up and started barking.

I was woken up and sat up in the dark, and didn't know the cat had moved right next to my head. It freaked out with the sudden barking and me moving and basically attached itself to my head and began attacking my head as I am sitting up in the dark wondering what the hell is going on. Before I can reach up and remove it, the cat jumps off, leaving me with some bleeding scratches and a deep gouge in the flash at the corner of my right eye. It was so big I couldn't get it to stop bleeding at first and close so I drive to the ER to get it looked at for staples or stitches, but was there so long waiting from like 2am to 5am that it eventually scabbed up, so I left and went home to shower and went to work.

I ended up with a bit of a black eye also and everyone kept asking me if I got in a bar fight or something.

Aggie63
AG
You got that right ! Got to find the positives in some situations!
maroon barchetta
LupinusTexensis said:

In Cambodia. No electricity…. Night is dark. Roaches and rats crawling all over the room. I did not sleep a wink that night as I could hear/feel them scuttling all around.

Angelina Jolie sock confirmed.
The Fife
Me ex, that's the worst thing that's crawled into bed while I was in it
Ag with kids
AG
Woke up one night with a sharp pain in my hand...lifted up my pillow and it turns out I'd been stung by a scorpion.

The fun of country living.

And just recently, I woke up to a ruckus in my bedroom...I look up just in time to see something flying at my head. It bounced off my forehead before I could move.

I got up and it was a ****ing pigeon. Apparently one of my cats had caught it outside and brought it in. Cat was pissed at me for taking it outside and letting it go.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Your wife knows about your husband?
Are you part of a throuple?
maroon barchetta
Apache said:

Quote:

Your wife knows about your husband?
Are you part of a throuple?

Upside down pineapple people.
vin1041
AG
In Panama large ants crawling up my leg to get at an open pack of mre crackers.

Rats on the island of Tinian. Those things were everywhere.
MAROON
AG
Rat
JABQ04
AG
Working at a summer camp at 16 or 17 and woke up with excruciating pain in my right ear. Just as soon as it started it stopped and then I couldn't hear out of it. Called my folks at 4:30 am to drive and get me and take me to the doctor. Went to the ER around 7:30 and they flushed out a huge spider I had smashed into my ear canal whilst in my agony. Immediately could hear again and was back at work by lunch
Salome
AG
By far…. Giant TX cockroach. The kind that can fly/flitter around. Worst nightmare to this day.
The Fife
Salome said:

By far…. Giant TX cockroach. The kind that can fly/flitter around. Worst nightmare to this day.
Palmetto bug, the state bird of South Carolina.
one safe place
We got on a new deer lease in Fredericksburg and it had an old house on it, built like in 1910. Was not in the best of shape but we intended to do some work on it. The first night there, my two brothers and I and a friend or two were sleeping in one of the bedrooms that had like 3 beds in it. Being 15 or so at the time, I paid little attention to the place that first afternoon.

We were all talking and joking around and began to hear sounds of something scurrying around in the attic. More than one thing in fact. It was funny until a rat fell out of a hole/opening and landed in bed with me. The SOB was as big as a cat and just as unwelcome. I don't think I went to sleep the rest of that night.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.