What Country Would You Like To Visit

4,391 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bagger05
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greece. Half my fam is there and I've never been. Plus you have to admire a government who claimed it could put on the Olympics for $875 million, then spent $13.2 bilion.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Anchorhold
By the way, hedge, what's your least favorite country? Italy or France?
StinkyPinky
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

I CAN travel anywhere, except Cuba, and I WILL travel to New Zealand and walk the Lord of the Rings trail to Mordor and I will hike Mount Doom.
wrong comment
StinkyPinky
AG
one safe place said:

If I can pick only one, then New Zealand. My dad was stationed there prior to going to Tarawa and I have always wanted to see it.
I lived in Australia for 5 years when I was in High School. While there we tried to take advantage of it and traveled extensively, but often elected to go to Malaysia, Asia, South Pacific,etc. to experience something quite different culturally. So based on that we never ended up making it over to New Zealand due to the extreme commonalities of the people with Australians. I have always regretted this to this day because we missed out on the beauty and landscapes NZ has to offer. Bad decision on our part.
StinkyPinky
AG
cj774 said:

StinkyPinky said:

cj774 said:

Dream is Israel with my family

But can't right now for obvious reasons.
I was fortunate enough to visit Israel (my company has a facility there) year before last. Stayed in Tel Aviv but also took a few days to visit Jerusalem and the West Bank. Clearly we've stopped all travel there so can't imagine I'll be back soon. Glad I got to when I did. Amazing experience.

Got to go in 2012 with a group and toured around. Absolutely life changing experience. I want to take my wife and kids to see it someday.
Agreed, told my wife I would bring her on the next business trip, but then all hell has broken lose....
We also have a facility on Switzerland so I visited it on the same trip over to Israel. Talk about a crazy juxtaposition. Sad part in regards with our Israel facility is a lot of our international customers aren't wanting to pull the work from there and move it to one of our US sites or Costa Rica. They have cold feet with stability ever really returning to the area. Tough for our Israel workers who are already going through a lot (not to mention several in the work force are reserves in the IDF and have been called to active duty.
BBRex
AG
tandy miller said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Italy.

Never been. I always thought I'd enjoy a place like that with someone special but at 42 I'm kind of thinking maybe I'm the special someone. Why risk someone else ruining that for me?

I'll go with you
Not that kind of "special."
Tree Hugger
AG
For the one who mentioned Galapagos, I've been and it was amazing. I didn't SCUBA, but did a lot of snorkeling with sea lions, sea turtles and even sharks. There is a a review of my 2014 trip on the Travel board somewhere, I'm not a subscriber so I can't search that far back
Anchorhold
BOOBIES
Tanker123
My goal is buying a RV for domestic vacations.
713nervy
AG
Iceland or Spain. I've always said that I could never visit Spain because I'm pretty sure I'd never come back.

My focus is on finishing the US for now. What the hell is there to see in Delaware or West Virginia? Woof.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I CAN travel anywhere, except Cuba, and I WILL travel to New Zealand and walk the Lord of the Rings trail to Mordor and I will hike Mount Doom.
Me too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

my man
This one is still my favorite.

TRD-Ferguson
AG
The America I grew up in . . .
Wicked Good Ag
713nervy said:

Iceland or Spain. I've always said that I could never visit Spain because I'm pretty sure I'd never come back.

My focus is on finishing the US for now. What the hell is there to see in Delaware or West Virginia? Woof.
WEST VIRGINIA

New River Gorge is one of the newest national Parks in West Virginia

Heard it is amazing for white water rafting and i think the third Saturday of October is base jump day from the bridge attacting major thrill seekers

Harpers Ferry if a Civil War buff

Hatfields and McCoys trail also

Delaware...i got nothing

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
713nervy said:

Tanker123
I would like to see Gettysburg and walk the terrain.
Owen Kellogg
AG
Italy lived up to the hype. The food was fantastic everywhere.

I'll second Indonesia as bucket list. Want to see the culture and scuba.
Tanker123
Owen Kellogg said:

Italy lived up to the hype. The food was fantastic everywhere.

I'll second Indonesia as bucket list. Want to see the culture and scuba.
I visited Indonesia for a week with my parents when I was a teenager. They are relatively poor, but they are very artistic, cultured, and have pride in how they live. My father studied with Indonesian wood carvers for a couple weeks. It paid off because the carvings he made were exquisite.
ARKY AGGIE
AG
Austria. My mom was from Austria and I have family there.
BTHO bacon bits!!!
RAB87
AG

Greece. Half my fam is there and I've never been. Plus you have to admire a government who claimed it could put on the Olympics for $875 million, then spent $13.2 bilion.
Hairy people. Yuk!
woodyhayes
Roatan.
StinkyPinky
AG
woodyhayes said:

Roatan.
I have a friend that has a house on Roatan that he rents out. Haven't been yet but its on the list
zephyr88
AG
tandy miller said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Italy.

Never been. I always thought I'd enjoy a place like that with someone special but at 42 I'm kind of thinking maybe I'm the special someone. Why risk someone else ruining that for me?
I'll go with you
Another successful TexAgs hookup...
Trident 88
AG
I'd like to go back to Japan again. 1 weekend in Tokyo was not nearly enough.

Got to climb Mt. Fuji though. Pretty cool/cold experience.
UTExan
Liechtenstein
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
JABQ04
AG
Lots of time in Europe.
-Menin Gate
-Normandy
-The Somme
-Teuteborg Forest
-Verdun
-Loch Ness
bagger05
AG
Very excited to be going to South Africa next year. Lots of places in Africa that are supposed to be awesome. I've heard South Africa is the "gateway drug."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.