Tesla and Its Ugly Ass Cars

3,093 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by IIIHorn
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tesla had some layoffs yesterday and there's been some talk about their products. A few years ago when Tesla was all the rage and many booked one for the status symbol value. My personal view is that it is not aesthetically pleasing. Too boxy. Today I read something about their "Cybertruck" which is supposed to be a bad product.

https://defector.com/cybertruck-deliveries-halted-due-to-car-being-a-big-piece-of-****-that-doesnt-work

Seriously? Do they think they can sell that ugly POS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Cybertruck
Bruce Almighty
AG
Someone purchased a cybertruck on my street.
BQ78
AG

One of my neighbors has this one in blue. At first I thought it was a crappy home done paint job on an old car. But then my wife pointed out it was a Tesla and one of the paint options.
dabo man
AG
It's like a Tesla, but rendered on an original PlayStation and then 3D printed.
maroon barchetta
I saw a Cybertruck in Bulverde last weekend. It turns heads, for good reasons or bad.
javajaws
AG
BQ78 said:

One of my neighbors has this one in blue. At first I thought it was a crappy home done paint job on an old car. But then my wife pointed out it was a Tesla and one of the paint options.
Picture of a clear protective wrap being applied with soapy water all over it is a factory paint color? Not sure what you are implying or trying to convey here.

Teslas other than the stupid looking truck aren't horrible looking. If anything they are a bit boring.
Cromagnum
AG
That's a wrap in mid-application. Didn't notice all the soap bubbles and bottle of spray over on the side?
BQ78
AG
Okay , I'll take a picture of it and post but it looks a lot like that and it is not a wrap
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I take criticisms of tesla with a grain of salt. There are people out there who just loath elon musk (my buddy is one) for no good reason, and have for years. Ive never met a tesla owner who didnt like it, but I think if you currently own an electric car youre also too invested in the concept to fairly judge the car.
Moral High Horse
This is what I was expecting

But yeah, way too many folks just wanting to hate on Elon because they drank the he's hitler koolaid
DrEvazanPhD
I think the Model S is a nice looking sedan. Have a buddy with a model Y and while it drives pretty nice, it's a weird, trolly looking car.

I've now seen 2 cybertrucks in the wild, and both seemed to have the same construction issues i've seen on the interwebs
gabehcoud
Guy on my street got a cyber truck a couple weeks ago. Looks weird, but whatever.
boy09
AG
Moral High Horse said:

But yeah, way too many folks just wanting to hate on Elon because they drank the he's hitler koolaid
The Cybertruck has plenty of issues, regardless of how you feel about Elon..
Tree Hugger
AG
I live in Eugene, OR and see Teslas and other EVs all over town, but have yet to see the CyberTruck surprisingly. I've seen a Model S "Plaid" edition which is damn near a unicorn, but not the truck yet.
ausag
AG
I've already seen it on 3 different occasions in NW Austin and around Liberty Hill in the past couple of weeks.
TXAG 05
AG
What rock have you been living under to have not heard of the cybertruck until now?

Agreed that all teslas are pretty ugly. You'd think Elon would make them look cool.
TecRecAg
AG
I'm sure their cars are fine to own. However, their owners are quickly overtaking BMW as the worst driving MFs on the road. Makes me hate Tesla for that reason alone

Buying an EV doesn't make you Jesus Christ. Quit driving like it.
MosesHallDeadPot94
One of the employees at the Houston ARTCC where I work has one and I've seen it up close. You don't release how long the truck truly is.
toucan82
I saw my first cybertruck a couple of weeks ago. I was kind of surprised at how small it was.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Saw multiple cybertrucks out in Sugar Land in late March. About a week after release I guess and that town was lousy with them.
Furlock Bones
AG
Got up close to a Cybertruck this morning. Panel gaps were horrendous even by Tesla's typically poor standards.
Beer Baron
AG
It reminds me of the car Homer Simpson designed that had a horn that played La Cucaracha and ruined Unkie Herb's life.
Slicer97
AG
Moral High Horse said:

That's weird, but not terrible looking. What Tesla actually released looks like what Doc Brown would've built if he and Marty lived in Dime Box.
lotsofhp
AG
My wife saw one with my son said, "mom this car looks very sharp" lol
BostonAg74
infinity ag said:

Tesla had some layoffs yesterday and there's been some talk about their products. A few years ago when Tesla was all the rage and many booked one for the status symbol value. My personal view is that it is not aesthetically pleasing. Too boxy. Today I read something about their "Cybertruck" which is supposed to be a bad product.

https://defector.com/cybertruck-deliveries-halted-due-to-car-being-a-big-piece-of-****-that-doesnt-work

They could call it The Deplorean
permabull
AG
boeing stock is doing better this year than tesla
DannyDuberstein
AG
From what I tell in north dallas, being asian is a requirement before they will sell you a tesla
Philo B 93
Yeah, in my neighborhood we all get home from our offices downtown every afternoon in our F150s, throw on some cargo shorts, grab a cold one, hop in our golf carts and meet at the community pool to make fun of the Tesla drivers.

Who doesn't appreciate that irony?
62strat
AG
MosesHallDeadPot94 said:

One of the employees at the Houston ARTCC where I work has one and I've seen it up close. You don't release how long the truck truly is.
they are 12"+ shorter than a short bed supercrew ford.
Cromagnum
AG
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

From what I tell in north dallas, being asian is a requirement before they will sell you a tesla

This explains why we saw so many in Sugar Land.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
In austin, I really enjoy the cognitive dissonance of the libs who bought teslas smugly thinking they were saving the world being confronted with elon's political hot takes, such as free speech is good.
MouthBQ98
AG
I actually think Tesla cars look pretty nice overall. Plain and simple with generally a clean aerodynamic flow.

The cyber truck is just gaudyyo try to stand out I guess.
infinity ag
MouthBQ98 said:

I actually think Tesla cars look pretty nice overall. Plain and simple with generally a clean aerodynamic flow.

The cyber truck is just gaudyyo try to stand out I guess.

I think only Model S looks good. Others look boxy and toy like. I am a stickler for needing a grill. The no-grill look does not work.
DallasAggie89
AG
infinity ag said:

I'm more offended by this guy's footwear.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.