Is Hooters an equal opportunity employer?

4,305 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by VaultingChemist
Andrew Dufresne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kinda doesn't seem like it tbh
MouthBQ98
AG
It isn't great for business to repulse customers. Even the federal courts agree with that fundamental idea.
javajaws
AG
Their uniforms treat left and right boobs equally, so yes.
3rd Platoon
AG
I'd say yes.

---------------------------------------
aka Commander 99 and "The Fake Dave South"
Ryan the Temp
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

It isn't great for business to repulse customers. Even the federal courts agree with that fundamental idea.
I think the basic premise of the ruling was that being conventionally attractive, with ample bosom can be considered a bona fide occupational qualification, given the nature of the business.
DargelSkout
AG
Yes, I've seen pretty and ugly waitresses there.
555-PINF
Back in the late 90s, I had a buddy apply for a waitress job on a dare. Some time later, he received notice of a class action lawsuit due to the hiring practices of Hooters. He just let it ride and got a decently sized check in the mail a year or so later
Lake08
555-PINF said:

Back in the late 90s, I had a buddy apply for a waitress job on a dare. Some time later, he received notice of a class action lawsuit due to the hiring practices of Hooters. He just let it ride and got a decently sized check in the mail a year or so later

Your buddy a beatch
nai06
AG
I worked there as a senior in high school. It was the second worst job I've ever had.
Hwy30East
And the worst?
nai06
AG
Hwy30East said:

And the worst?
General Manager of a car wash. I got laid off and it was the only thing I could find back in 2012. I was working 70 hours a week, salaried at 30K with no vacation, no sick leave, no insurance, and the owner somehow always seemed to find a reason to deny my monthly bonus. One time it was because I clocked in 2 minutes late. Keep in mind this was at 6am and I got two flat tires on my way to work that morning and had to leave my car on the side of the highway. I still managed to open up the car wash by myself (my hourly worker didn't show) on time at 8am. I lost a $3200 bonus because I clocked in at 6:02.

The owner was also a legitimate POS racist. He would tell me to give someone the lowest grade wash even if they had paid for a higher grade because "they looked Muslim". I also had to buy my uniforms from the company which were just bull **** from some random promotional marketing company that also sold branded water bottles.
Flashdiaz
AG
Cromagnum
AG
If I went to Hooters and that was my waiter, I'm leaving on the spot. Gross.
redline248
AG
DargelSkout said:

don't the "ugly" ones usually still have tight bodies and a nice rack?
Anchorhold
They also hire heroes.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Isn't this OP just a ripoff of a Seinfeld episode?
555-PINF
redline248 said:

DargelSkout said:

don't the "ugly" ones usually still have tight bodies and a nice rack?

Go to the one at Mangum and Dacoma in Houston. We used to call it "the maternity ward" because it was nothing but pregnant chlolas and one chick we called "wooden Indian." It was rough.
Hwy30East
Must have been a sweet day when you left that job.
Ghost91
555-PINF said:

My roommate and I applied at both Hooter's and the Deerbrook Mall Victoria's Secret in like 1991 also on a dare.
Hooters at least let us apply, but we never heard back. The manager lady at VS just told us to leave.

I could probably be a millionaire now, dang.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Go to the one at Mangum and Dacoma in Houston. We used to call it "the maternity ward" because it was nothing but pregnant chlolas and one chick we called "wooden Indian." It was rough.
I can't picture where a Hooters would have been at that intersection, but the description sounds right.
deer corn
Flashdiaz said:

JFC, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
555-PINF
DustysLineup said:

Quote:

I can't picture where a Hooters would have been at that intersection, but the description sounds right.

I'm almost positive it was in the building where Jackie's Kitchen is, now. Judging by the Google street view and interior pics, that has to have been it.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'd been there many years ago. It was there. Description fairly accurate.
80s Guy
If you've ever been to the Hooters in Waco, you'd totally understand that diversity hires are a thing…..
jokershady
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Moral High Horse
deer corn said:

Flashdiaz said:

Hooters? More like Ooters.

jetch17
AG
deer corn said:

Flashdiaz said:

VaultingChemist
AG
Quote:

Hooters at least let us apply, but we never heard back. The manager lady at VS just told us to leave.

I could probably be a millionaire now, dang.
I know a young man who applied and got a job at VS, mainly for the discounts on apparel for his girlfriend, sister, and mother. He didn't work the floor, but mainly unpacked boxes and stocked shelves. A new female manager did not like the idea of a male working in her store, so she cut his hours to such an extent that she made him quit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.