The last TV commercial for cigarettes

5,632 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Dr. Nefario
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jwoodmd said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

strbrst777 said:

Smoking is slow suicide. I remember when smoking was glorified in movies, in TV ads and in magazines. I remember the "I'd walk a mile for a Camel." Good luck with that. The Tobacco Institute spokeswoman denied any connection between smoking and health risks. That was a BIG lie. I HATE with passion smoking...have watched three family members die from it. No amount of money would I take to take just one puff...not $1 million ...not 2 million... end of conversation. By the way, I quit cold turkey one night 51 years ago. Felt bad and was coughing my lungs out, so to soeak. I smoked three packs of Winstons that very day. Should be illegal but that won't happen... politicians are addicted to the tax revenue and tobacco is glorified as an important agricultural crop. It's a known killer!

Counterpoint: shut up. Smoking is awesome and the government can't prevent your death
Well, don't come see me to clear out your blocked arteries. No one can prevent your death, right?

I dont know who you are, but you sound like a nerd. Do people still see doctors? Your profession has less trust than tobacco executives at this point.
maddiedou
AG
My wife can not give up smoking
C1NRB
AG

CW Griswold
Ogre09
AG
You wouldn't take one puff for $2 million?!?
Russell Bradleys Toupee
We're all free to go to hell in the manner of our own choosing.
strbrst777
Ogre09 said:

.. . That is correct...I would not take one puff for $2 million.
txislandag86
If your not going to smoke then go smokeless.

strbrst777
txislandag86 said:

If your not going to smoke then go smokeless. ...Great idea if you want mouth cancer

TXAG 05
AG
strbrst777 said:

Ogre09 said:

That's just stupid. Show me where to sign for the money.
The Fife
Ogre09 said:

$2 million? Gimme one of those coffin nails!
Ogre09
AG
I would take a puff for $100. For $2 million I would smoke a carton.
strbrst777
TXAG 05 said:

strbrst777 said:

Ogre09 said:

That's just stupid. Show me where to sign for the money.
. ... Think what you will. Not at all stupid. Been down the stupid road and will not take one step back.
Win At Life
AG
strbrst777 said:

Ogre09 said:

You ever been around a camp fire?
MouthBQ98
AG
Anyone remember the cigarette vending machines? At some smoky bowling alley or something like that. Pop in 6-8 quarters and a pack of cigs.

Yeah, honor system on age.
Dr. Nefario

strbrst777 said:

strbrst777 said:

Smoking is slow suicide. I remember when smoking was glorified in movies, in TV ads and in magazines. I remember the "I'd walk a mile for a Camel." Good luck with that. The Tobacco Institute spokeswoman denied any connection between smoking and health risks. That was a BIG lie. I HATE with passion smoking...have watched three family members die from it. No amount of money would I take to take just one puff...not $1 million ...not 2 million... end of conversation. By the way, I quit cold turkey one night 51 years ago. Felt bad and was coughing my lungs out, so to soeak. I smoked three packs of Winstons that very day. Should be illegal but that won't happen... politicians are addicted to the tax revenue and tobacco is glorified as an important agricultural crop. It's a known killer!

Counterpoint: shut up. Smoking is awesome and the government can't prevent your death
. . . Awesome? You cannot believe that. There is no valid counterpoint. Smokers drive up our health insurance costs. Have you ever watched a person take his or her last breath and die after years of suffering from emphysema or throat or lung cancer? I have!

Have you ever seen a teenager smoke? It's cool as hell.

Have you ever seen a toddler smoke?

Now that is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.