Old school military colleges with cheerleaders

12,631 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by dabo man
GigEm81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems easier to just go ahead and become a Cougar High t-shirt fan.
NoahAg
Based on OPs post history a BQ turned military officer clearly banged his girlfriend.
Let's go, Brandon!
Aggieair
JABQ04 said:

But the majority aren't. I don't even think 2 years of a branch ROTC are required anymore. You can go straight D&C as a fish and just wear a uniform to class, live in the dorms, and get up and do PT.
This goes for all of the senior military colleges. Virginia Tech, VMI, The Citadel, Norwich, and North Georgia all don't require commissioning after graduation.

VMI is also the only remaining "traditional" military school- all of the others have civilian students as well as graduate schools.
B-1 83
AG
Sterling82 said:

All of the above arguments aside what difference does any of the cheerleader nonsense make? Are we supposed to believe a few young girls doing gymnastics and holding up signs to yell on the sideline is going to rev up the crowd? Because whether high school or college they're usually ignored by everyone but an occasional camera man. This is among the dumbest crusades around...right up there with orange water coolers.
This. The only people who pay attention to cheerleaders are cameramen zooming in on crotches (the shot you don't see on TV) and their parents. Even their dads are watching the game 98% of the time.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Aggieair
I think all of threads regarding cheerleaders have less to do with any benefits cheerleaders would bring, and more with the people posting them being tired of getting made fun of for the yell leaders.
rdholley
AG
Students over the years have freely given their time, health and lives for the American people. While Texas A&M cadets fought in the Spanish American War and World War I, it was their service in and after World War II that sent the college into the forefront of military education.
Campus almost emptied during the war, as cadets left to fight in droves, many never returning. Throughout the worldwide conflict, nearly 20,000 Aggies served in the nation's military, more than 950 of whom laid down their lives for their country. Seven former students were awarded the Medal of Honor, the country's highest and most prestigious military award for valor, for their heroic deeds.
On and off the battlefield, Aggies were noticed for their exemplary military education and problem-solving skills. More Aggies served as military officers during World War II than graduates of any other school in the nation, while campus offered military training courses for over 50,000 additional soldiers.

This is from the archives of A&M's military history. Maybe you can tell the 20,000 who served during WWII or the 950 who died that its not a sr military college.

By the way A&M put more officers into WWII than either West Point or the Naval Academy.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

"Real" military schools?

A&M is a senior military college. And perhaps you should visit the MSC and revisit the list of Aggies that sacrificed their lives in service to our country and then tell their families they weren't "really" in the military.

" Everyone of them will be CO's over A&M CTs in the coming years."

Oh? That's interesting. I'll be sure to tell that to my fellow Aggie officers with West Pointers under their command.

Did a CT bang your girlfriend or something? Your post is not only moronic but incredibly pathetic. You're a complete loser.
i think we should start thanking CTs for their service
frenchtoast
If yell leaders and cheerleaders all went away, most people wouldn't notice or care.
Claude!
frenchtoast said:

If yell leaders and cheerleaders all went away, most people wouldn't notice or care.
Depends on how they went away. If they all spontaneously combusted, I bet people would notice.
LeonardSkinner
wbt5845 said:

Funny thing is - look at these Army girls:

Everyone of them will be CO's over A&M CTs in the coming years.

IHIOGA… "There is nothing on this earth sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote 'em all, I say, 'cause this is true: if you haven't gotten a blowjob from a superior officer, well, you're just letting the best in life pass you by."
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Pilot Ag said:

"Real" military schools?

A&M is a senior military college. And perhaps you should visit the MSC and revisit the list of Aggies that sacrificed their lives in service to our country and then tell their families they weren't "really" in the military.

Oh? That's interesting. I'll be sure to tell that to my fellow Aggie officers with West Pointers under their command.

Did a CT bang your girlfriend or something? Your post is not only moronic but incredibly pathetic. You're a complete loser.
i think we should start thanking CTs for their service
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Cheerleaders. All for it
-Ben There/R.C.
not hedge
LMAO, here we go
AliasMan02
AG
Irrespective of any opinion about Yell Leaders, etc. the cheerleader thing is objectively creepy at all levels.
swc93
AG
Cheerleaders lead to Flag Girls.

You want to add Flag Girls to the Aggie Band???
wbt5845
AG
Watch closely how TCU is portrayed Monday night.

Tons of camera time for this:

Sure does make a school look attractive.
zephyr88
AG
Hokie on the right looks like a dude.
B-1 83
AG

"Real" military schools?

Which hurt the worst: The hook, line, or sinker? You swallowed them all.

Now ask the OP about his connections to the TAMU Corps of Cadets.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
ArmyAg2002
AG
Apparently you don't know anyone that attended any of the other senior military colleges or the academies...they're all like fraternities.
BostonAg74
The media loves stereotypes. Just imagine any racial or cultural stereotype, and the media tends to focus on the most extreme example of that stereotype to paint a broad picture of that group. It happens with women's rights groups, MAGA rallies, gay rights groups, and the obvious regional stereotypes. And it happens with college football fans. Yell leaders (and the Corps for that matter) are in no way, shape or form representative of the entire student body at A&M. But they are the image of Aggies that the media loves to portray, so the cameras are narrowly focused to reinforce that stereotype.

Cheerleaders are not going to change that. If A&M had cheerleaders, the cameras would find the least attractive and uncoordinated cheerleader and ignore the rest, because that's the image they want A&M to have. I think it would be great if there were more yell leaders, with a greater emphasis on representing the entire student body, but I realize that the powers that be don't want that, so the system is skewed to prevent that from happening. So, the media is more than happy to cooperate and offer the image of unsophisticated goobers that is presented to them, because that is the A&M they want to portray.
jograki
AG
maroon barchetta said:

ME92 said:

Don't forget the VMI cheerleaders.

What's the backstory here?
Citadel cadets were trying to steal a VMI flag. She later became a Marine officer and now she runs a fitness apparel company. Bad ass gal!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
wbt5845 said:

Funny thing is - look at these Army girls:

Everyone of them will be CO's over A&M CTs in the coming years.
serious case of cheerleader effect.
Whirligigs

"Real" military schools?

Don't bother with that woke dip***** Dude is a waste of space and is trolling.
Ragoo
AG
Including VPI is misleading.
wbt5845
AG
Ragoo said:

Actually, VPI is probably the best comparison to us. Similar sized corps, similar sized school, and has found a way to be modern and respectful of their past.
Ragoo
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ragoo said:

Actually, VPI is probably the best comparison to us. Similar sized corps, similar sized school, and has found a way to be modern and respectful of their past.
your opening sentence says mandatory. VPI has a corps but very different from ours with respect to using holding tradition.
Southlake
Yup, Id like to see it all: Traditional yell leaders, cheerleaders and flag girls.

Why not?
bicmitchum
wadda bout the backstory on the vmi girl?
IIIHorn

tttfCheer

yell_on_6th st
AG
Thick calves, pass
The Kraken
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ragoo said:

Do you want A&M to form a non reg marching band, taking away halftime performances from the FTAB? That's what VPI (Virginia Tech) did.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
BartInLA
Those are trans women
ghollow
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ragoo said:

VPI is much smaller, and it is not even close.

VPI Enrollment- 38,000

A&M- 70,000

VPI Corps-1200

A&M- 2300

They do have some good traditions as well.

I believe we have the loudest student section in the country. The yell leaders make that happen. Having some cheerleaders in one section of the sidelines doing cheers does not interest me in the slightest.

I would be interested in doing away with the corps block seating during home games though.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
ABATTBQ11
AG
JABQ04 said:

But the majority aren't. I don't even think 2 years of a branch ROTC are required anymore. You can go straight D&C as a fish and just wear a uniform to class, live in the dorms, and get up and do PT.

Way after the fact, but damn there was a lot of dumb in this thread...
TXAG 05
AG
The Kraken said:

wbt5845 said:

Ragoo said:

Do you want A&M to form a non reg marching band, taking away halftime performances from the FTAB? That's what VPI (Virginia Tech) did.

OP hates the Aggie band, so he would probably love a non reg band.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.