"If you don't want to 1-1 work meetings/lunches with women, it is discrimination"

11,736 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by diehard03
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I'm shocked that it's still going with the amount of filth being spewed on here.
People are saying things I dont agree with, they must be stopped! Are you real?

Theyre not going to f you, bro. "Women should use their sexuality in the workplace as a sword". What the **** are you even saying.
I'm not gonna be responsible for this filth. It's not productive and I don't want that on my conscience.
Pirate04
AG
I have two careers, both in male dominated fields, and have seen this from both sides. I absolutely do not support the 'believe all women' movement because it makes it harder for real issues to be addressed.

It also makes me so sad that vindictive, manipulative women are so prevalent that it causes men to think all women are like that. We aren't.
jokershady
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I'm tired of this thread being used as a means to trash women.
well national television is used to trash white men.....
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I dont think most men think all women are like that, but if its 1 out of 100 that's a pretty big risk. I realize there are ****ty men who do those things as well, but all men arent like that either.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I almost exclusivey hire women because it's more difficult for them to accuse me of sexual harassment.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
I treat female colleagues the same as male ones and so far neither sex has accused me of sexual harassment, so this has never been an issue for me.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You could also say this this is a case of women getting exactly what they want … and not being happy with it. But I'm not gonna say that.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

It also makes me so sad that vindictive, manipulative women are so prevalent that it causes men to think all women are like that. We aren't.
I don't think anyone thinks all women are like that. It's just that it's often impossible to tell which ones are, so play it safe and conduct yourself like any innocent exchange could lead to an accusation. Basically, not all guns are loaded, but if you pick one up, assume it's ready to fire
Stat Monitor Repairman
Going back to the OP though …

One-on-one is voluntary assumption of a known risk.

So it's hard to blame people for looking out for their own self-interest.
maroon barchetta
Nervy and Stat Monitor are both correct. Women are never at fault. They can't be questioned. It's the men that cause all the problems.

Except for when #MeToo celebrity Asia Argento was boinking someone less than half her age and paid him off to shut up about it.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/22/640973917/asia-argento-reportedly-denies-she-sexually-assaulted-17-year-old

But I'm sure that's the only time she has been dishonest.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Female contractor falsely accused me of sexual harassment as a part of scheme of lies in an attempt to take my job. Tried to say I sexually harassed her over the phone. Unfortunately for her, I had her on speakerphone and there were 4 other people in the room who heard everything.
evestor1
Looks like i am late to party.

I am friends with a former client. He is a former client b/c he refused to share a rental car with a female intern. He said that she can drive herself and ultimately paid to rent his own car.

When he made it back from the job visit he was terminated by HR.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Sounds a lot like 'bake the cake' to me.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

I almost exclusivey hire women because it's more difficult for them to accuse me of sexual harassment.

I cannot imagine the amount of interdepartmental caterwauling and carping that goes on.
superunknown
AG
this thread makes me glad I work remote.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
superunknown said:

Post Covid, digital communication tools like Microsoft Teams and Skype have made it much simpler to harass coworkers remotely.

Theres no longer a need to fight traffic and drive all the way to the office just to make someone else uncomfortable in your presence.

In fact, technology advancements have made it so you can now creepily stare at someone sitting on the opposite side of the globe, just like they're sitting at the conference table across from you.
Irish 2.0
Ol_Ag_02 said:

superunknown said:

Post Covid, digital communication tools like Microsoft Teams and Skype have made it much simpler to harass coworkers remotely.

Theres no longer a need to fight traffic and drive all the way to the office just to make someone else uncomfortable in your presence.

In fact, technology advancements have made it so you can now creepily stare at someone sitting on the opposite side of the globe, just like they're sitting at the conference table across from you.
Jeffrey Toobin has entered the chat....
Ryan the Temp
AG
I have to admit it's nice not having to worry about subordinates anymore. These days I go to work and have to put up with people making jokes about boners and rusty trombones thinking they're the first person to ever make that joke.

Sweetie, it wasn't funny the first thousand times I heard it and it ain't funny now ...
superunknown
AG
Thank God my team knows to shut off their camera. One person kept forgetting and people on my team kept blowing up my texts saying "hey let ______ know everyone can see her rearranging her bra and it's not ideal" so yeah no cameras please.
I am always wrong
Way too much gay going on in this thread
AliasMan02
AG
superunknown said:

Thank God my team knows to shut off their camera. One person kept forgetting and people on my team kept blowing up my texts saying "hey let ______ know everyone can see her rearranging her bra and it's not ideal" so yeah no cameras please.

Client just made us permanently deactivate our cameras. Very excited.
Anchorhold
Decay said:

TexasRebel said:

How did anyone miss that.

I was like 8 when I first saw an episode with the Flaming Moe in it. Just one of those jokes that went over my head and never landed I guess.

I watched this episode last night and it took me years to realize this was a joke.
Beer Baron
AG
If you missed that one I fear there might be literally 100s if simpsons jokes that whizzed past you the tough the years.
superunknown
AG
don't tell him about Sneed's Seed & Feed, it's better when they see it themselves
Pinochet
713nervy said:

Men are trash. This ****ing thread.

Something something over 35 something.
Beer Baron
AG
Chuck never should've sold that place.
I am always wrong
713nervy said:

Men are trash. This ****ing thread.

You ***** about men on a lot of threads. What do you want us to do? Just give you anything you want and do whatever you say? Aren't you like very recently divorced or something? I think maybe that's clouding your thinking.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

im confused….what's a big 'mo?

God **** it I laughed so hard it hurt and now I don't know if I should blue parachute this or angry face it
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

I have to admit it's nice not having to worry about subordinates anymore. These days I go to work and have to put up with people making jokes about boners and rusty trombones thinking they're the first person to ever make that joke.

Sweetie, it wasn't funny the first thousand times I heard it and it ain't funny now ...

Sad trombone sound
I am a Russian Bot
&f=1&nofb=1
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Beside the fact you can't trust all women. there is another reason to not have the 1-1. I respect my wife.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
jwoodmd
Arrakis ecologist said:

Beside the fact you can't trust all women. there is another reason to not have the 1-1. I respect my wife.
Do you expect your wife to never have a 1-1 with a man?
CincyAg
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
jwoodmd said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

Do you expect your wife to never have a 1-1 with a man?

Depends on who pays
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
Claude!
I regularly have 1:1 meetings with women. You folks wouldn't know any of them, though. They're all in...Canada. Yeah. Canada.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.