I'm getting a shock collar for my wife's cat

2,791 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tandy miller
jonb02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife's damn Himalayan cat keeps getting on my nice granite countertops and I'm tired of yelling at it.

It's either that or I leave the stove burners on.

Here's the model I'm looking at. Bonus, it works for stopping meowing too.

Anyone have experience with this?

https://www.amazon.com/Paipaitek-Automatic-Trainer-Prevent-Designed/dp/B08BXTDKSW/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2HYBQ5MYPC9JE&keywords=Cat+shock+collar&qid=1660107846&sprefix=cat+shock+collar%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-2
jwoodmd
jonb02 said:

My wife's damn Himalayan cat keeps getting on my nice granite countertops and I'm tired of yelling at it.

It's either that or I leave the stove burners on.

Here's the model I'm looking at. Bonus, it works for stopping meowing too.

Anyone have experience with this?

https://www.amazon.com/Paipaitek-Automatic-Trainer-Prevent-Designed/dp/B08BXTDKSW/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2HYBQ5MYPC9JE&keywords=Cat+shock+collar&qid=1660107846&sprefix=cat+shock+collar%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-2

So the damn cat is your wife's and the nice countertops are your's. Bet the wife puts one on you!
Anchorhold
Why do your dogs not take care of it for you?
Cats should be bagged and dropped off designated locations which are normally the side of a waterway bridge.
racerfink
Was expecting something so much different when I opened this thread…
Anchorhold
pinkdog
Not sure if you are a troll or serious. If serious why not just buy a super soaker water gun? You can spray the cat from far away. Better yet, if you have kids, you can just train them to take care of it and they'll have fun at the same time. Win-win.
FIDO*98*
AG
I have a cheaper and easier solution:

Open door
Shove cat outside
Shut door
Never let cat in again
duffelpud
AG
Put shock collar on wife.

"What's this button do?"
MouthBQ98
AG
There are things you can lay out on the countertop so when it jumps up there and lands, it is very unpleasantly surprised, and it will learn not to try it.

The annoying part is you have to have that crap spread out on your counters during the process.

If you do try it, please take a video.
EastSideAg2002
Put tape on the cats feet. It may not help with the countertop but its F'in hilarious.
jonb02
AG
Anchorhold said:

Why do your dogs not take care of it for you?
Cats should be bagged and dropped off designated locations which are normally the side of a waterway bridge.
My 4 dogs actually get along with it, including a blue nose pit bull.

jonb02
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

There are things you can lay out on the countertop so when it jumps up there and lands, it is very unpleasantly surprised, and it will learn not to try it.

The annoying part is you have to have that crap spread out on your counters during the process.

What things can I lay out?
Unemployed
AG
jonb02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Lava.
jwoodmd
jonb02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Glue trap/pads
The Kraken
AG
Once you realize that cats rule all of us your life will be much simpler. Bow down to your cat master.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
maroon barchetta
Aluminum foil
AggieArchitect04
AG
Stop blaming the cat.
This is your fault for getting married.
MouthBQ98
AG
OCEANPAX Cat Scat Mat with Spikes *****le Strips Anti-Cats Network Digging Stopper Pest Repellent Spike Deterrent Mat, 78 inchx11 inch https://a.co/d/3R0rFrc

Or really, anything they'd hate to land on or that would scare them with noise.
up-n-aTm
AG
Claymores.

He'll only do it one more time.
The Dog Lord
AG
Compressed air can. Doesn't get water everywhere like a spray bottle or squirt gun but still freaks them out enough that they'll stop doing it.
jonb02
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Compressed air can. Doesn't get water everywhere like a spray bottle or squirt gun but still freaks them out enough that they'll stop doing it.
I like this idea but the ****er is fast and jumps off the counter as soon as I stand up from my captain's chair in the living room. Also why the water gun idea won't work. I also want him to not know who is administering the punishment since I don't want him to fear me, hence the shock collar with remote zapper.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

My 4 dogs actually get along with it, including a blue nose pit bull.

Is the fence yours or your wife's? That needs to be replaced as well.
Front Range Ag
AG
Put a cucumber up there. I don't know how long that works, but those videos are pretty entertaining.
Gone Camping
AG
Get contact paper and put it on the counter with the sticky side up. Had a cat a long time ago that wouldn't stay off counters. Cat found it about 2am and ran around the house with the paper stuck to it. Contact paper came off without removing a bunch of hair like a glue pad would. Cat didn't get on the counters again. Cheap and easy fix.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
You'll have better results if you set it to vibrate mode.
CrottyKid
AG
Put it in her stocking for Christmas.
Iowaggie
AG
Aluminum foil

Or just get higher counters and a smaller cat

tandy miller
AG
Iowaggie said:

Or just get higher counters and a smaller cat

Me trying to get into bed w/o my stool
FJB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.