How to get rid of my unwanted stuff?

3,728 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 42
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhoswen
AG
Yes. I've gotten rid of so much stuff. And I've seen really cool or expensive stuff pop up that people give away. I've seen a $1k chefs oven (rich folk were upgrading), a couple nice drones, full living room sets in great condition... I'm currently waiting for a deep freeze to pop up before I go buy one.
Caesar4
AG
lol, I think we got rid of 2 trampolines that were a little too old.

I offered them up for free somewhere, but specified that the new owner was in charge of disassembly/removal. Was nice...I just sat nearby with a beer and watched them disappear.
maroon barchetta
Good to know! I will have to keep it in mind!
DuncanLEO
Unless something has some real value, I just donate. Its not worth the time and effort to squeeze money out of something like a microwave. When something is bulky, like furniture or a washing machine or something, I just post a curb alert and give it away for free.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Noname124398
I like Nextdoor for general household things that will move quickly (appliances and such). Very few scammers and weirdos on there, at least in my area. More niche items may need to go to FB to expand the customer base.
NoahAg said:

Put by the curb on trash night. A 53 year old immigrant in a 1991 Chevy S-10 will be by within minutes to pick it up.

Did this with an old lawnmower once with a sign that said free for the taking. The HOH Nazis beat the junk collector and sent me a notice with a picture of it at the curb, telling me we can't leave lawn equipment out, when not in use, and threatening to fine me. I looked at the timestamp on the picture and realized I had gone outside about 15 minutes after the picture was taken, to see if the lawnmower was still there, and it was gone. I replied back to the HOA with a few choice words.

That HOA sucked, I had a couple of disagreements with them.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.