Why is driving I-35 such a beating?

3,884 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by oklaunion
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
shertown04 said:

XXXVII said:

JPAg88 said:

This sums up my experiences with I-35 perfectly…

You don't see those signs anywhere on 35 between Austin and San Antonio.

Wouldn't matter. They have posted "no trucks in the left lane" on some of the hills and that doesn't stop them from jumping in the left lane at the bottom of the hill and clogging both lanes as they struggle to climb.

I drove a small slice of 35 every day for 10 years and I've been driving Austin to Dallas fairly regularly for the last 16. It always amazes me how every car packs the left lane going below the speed limit and you can get in the right lane and go 90 for miles at a time without seeing another car. Right now the construction in Waco is what I dread. It never goes away, it just reincarnates itself in different places. Used to be West and Temple that were the chokepoints.

Temple was nowhere near what Waco is.
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They were working on it at Temple back in the late 60s-early 70s and it was a cluster. We used to go to Clem's after church and watch the hunters going back home during opening weekend. Seemed like every other car would have a South Texas deer strapped to it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.