Luby's Closing

7,203 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgCat93
jimbo457
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was sad to see the one here close down years ago and even sadder to hear that the entire chain is going away. A few years ago when my mother passed away I found a Luby's gift card when going through her things. It was one of the usual places we'd go for our weekly lunches together. She love their liver and onions. I'd hoped that one day I could take my son (he was 9 months when my mother passed) to Luby's and use that gift card for our meal. It was going to be nice that she would be able to buy us lunch. I guess change is unavoidable.

I loved their chicken fried steak and cream gravy, mashed potatoes, fried fish, fried okra, corn casserole, and chocolate pie. The one thing I am surprised to see is so few talking about how good their cheese enchiladas were. I thought they were awesome. RIP Luby's.... sad to see you go.
racerfink
My grandfather did all he could to keep the one inside Padre Staples Mall in Corpus open. He loved that place.
Dr.Rumack
Picadillo said:

Two LuAnn platters usually run $21-23 and there is PLENTY to eat.

The one here in EP sometimes would have picadillo on the breakfast buffet. User name would have totally checked out.
Never had the enchiladas. Think they had chilaquiles/migas from time to time.
AgCat93
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

What are the Presbyterians going to do after church now?
In the 70s in Harlingen (home of one of the original Luby's) if the Baptists got in line before the Church of Christ people, especially if the Cowboys were the early game... not good job security for the Minister.

Methodists figure into this equation as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.