The Outpost (a movie about the battle of Kamdesh)

1,628 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie12B
Aggie12B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posted initially on the Military board, but I am posting it here because there is more viewership
Have any of Y'all seen this movie. I highly recommend this movie. It is based on a 2012 non-fiction book, The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor by Jake Tapper about the Battle of Kamdesh. The movie is very well done and the combat scenes were very intense and realistic. I say this as a combat veteran

The film tells the story of the 53 U.S. soldiers who battled a force of some 400 enemy insurgents in north-eastern Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. It takes place at Combat Outpost Keating located at the bottom of three steep mountains in Nurestan Province, Afghanistan just 14 miles from the Pakistani border.

2 American Soldiers EARNED the Medal of Honor for their actions during the Battle of Kamdesh.. Amazingly, neither of them were posthumous.
MKAG04
AG
My family watched this on the 4th of July. So many great acts of bravery by the men defending COP Keating. Extremely proud of my cousin in law, Captain Stoney Portis and all those who fought that day.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What platform did you watch it on? I have hbo, Netflix, AzPrime and Dis+ and I can't find it free. AzPrime will show it to me for like $7, but I like free better.
fido00
AG
I can't find a service that is letting you stream it for free.
Eliminatus
AG
If y'all want to be truly disgusted, look up the investigation of that battle.

Key take aways are, that battle should never have had happened. Massive strategic blunder any grunt E-1 could have pointed out. Then when blame was to be handed out they chose the lowest ranking officer on site to be the fall guy. Who conveniently, and sadly, perished in the fighting. In summation, it was a dicked up situation before the first sandbag was even laid, and the ranking officers who should have been accountable for everything, instead pawned it off on the lowly dead guy. And the Army backed the play because the whole thing is an embarrassment.

You see this stuff all the time in other militaries and throughout history, just sucks to see it happen here.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Eliminatus said:

If y'all want to be truly disgusted, look up the investigation of that battle.

Key take aways are, that battle should never have had happened. Massive strategic blunder any grunt E-1 could have pointed out. Then when blame was to be handed out they chose the lowest ranking officer on site to be the fall guy. Who conveniently, and sadly, perished in the fighting. In summation, it was a dicked up situation before the first sandbag was even laid, and the ranking officers who should have been accountable for everything, instead pawned it off on the lowly dead guy. And the Army backed the play because the whole thing is an embarrassment.

You see this stuff all the time in other militaries and throughout history, just sucks to see it happen here.

Sounds like someone who has that good ol Fort Hood spirit.
Aggie12B
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

What platform did you watch it on? I have hbo, Netflix, AzPrime and Dis+ and I can't find it free. AzPrime will show it to me for like $7, but I like free better.
I think it was on movies on demand for $6.99 for 48 hours. All i know is my wife ordered it and said she wanted to watch it with me. Well worth the price.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.