Ever know anybody with an exotic pet?

4,090 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxFig
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duncan Idaho said:

I've got a 12 inch python. Does that count?

It goes with your limp wrist.
CanyonAg77
AG
Wife raised a squirrel from a baby, back when she was in Jr. High.

Son was at a business event when a local pet store owner walked in with a lemur. The same pet store owner is the one they found in Austin, dead of a cobra bite...and no cobra. Panicked ensued until they found the cobra laminated onto a highway nearby, a few days later.

Pet store owner was not right in the head. His folks were bankrolling the pet store, as it seemed it was one thing he seemed to have an aptitude for.
expresswrittenconsent
is/was
TxFig
AG
Not me, but my aunt.

She grew up in the palace in Ethiopia as a child - her dad was the private pilot to the "king" (or whatever he was called back then) of Ethiopia. She had a pet cheetah. Until one day it leapt off the palace wall (something like 3 stories up). So the palace staff skinned and tanned it. My aunt still has that skin hanging on the wall of her house today.

Side story: my aunt was the Republican county chairman in Hunt County for years. On official forms, she always marked down that she is "African-American" - because, you know, she grew up in Africa. Even spoke 3 African dialects.
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.