Ever know anybody with an exotic pet?

4,089 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxFig
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was it?

How did they acquire it?

How much did/does it cost to maintain it?

I ask because I'm watching a video on YouTube where some unfortunate soul has a pet skunk. Seems stinky.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
BackwardsInBoots
AG
We've got a hedgehog. She's a *****ly ball of hate, but she's pretty darn cute and entertaining. She was maybe around $150. She wouldn't have been that much to maintain if it weren't for the fact she got breast cancer and had to have surgery twice. She's like 5 now and her health is unfortunately starting to decline.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Guy I used to know had a pet python that he would let sleep with him. It would curl up in a ball on the pillow at night.

One morning he woke up and found the snake stretched out beside him instead of in a ball. This happened a few nights in a row and was out of the ordinary, so he took the snake to the vet. The vet informed him that there was nothing wrong with the snake, it was just measuring the guy to see if it could swallow him yet.

Guy immediately built a cage and never let the snake sleep with him again.
Tagguy
AG
Wolfpac 08 said:

Guy I used to know had a pet python that he would let sleep with him. It would curl up in a ball on the pillow at night.

One morning he woke up and found the snake stretched out beside him instead of in a ball. This happened a few nights in a row and was out of the ordinary, so he took the snake to the vet. The vet informed him that there was nothing wrong with the snake, it was just measuring the guy to see if it could swallow him yet.

Guy immediately built a cage and never let the snake sleep with him again.
I'll take Old urban legends that never happened for $800 Alex.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
We've got a ball python
WES2006AG
AG
Somebody in my parents hometown had a tiger that ate one of their kids.
Unemployed
AG
WES2006AG said:

Poor goat.
BleacherRat
WES2006AG said:

Quote:

Gig 'em!
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I had a neighbor that had a ferret. Named it Ferret Fawcett.

WES2006AG
AG
LewP said:

WES2006AG said:

Quote:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1999/06/08/Fatal-tiger-attack-probed-in-Texas/2134928814400/
expresswrittenconsent
WES2006AG said:

LewP said:

WES2006AG said:

Quote:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1999/06/08/Fatal-tiger-attack-probed-in-Texas/2134928814400/

Nobody got eaten in that story.
WES2006AG
AG
Meh, close enough.
LisaMarie
AG
Ok I've taken care of snakes full time for 12 years and literally snakes do not measure their food. Anytime you hear that dumb ass story, you are being lied to.
CostanzaWallet
AG
Joe Exotic baby
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Makes sense. Most snakes don't seem to want to play the long game. They literally go for the kill.
NoahAg
LisaMarie said:

Ok I've taken care of snakes full time for 12 years and literally snakes do not measure their food. Anytime you hear that dumb ass story, you are being lied to.

You're a full time snake caregiver?
Do you work at a zoo?
Duncan Idaho
I've got a 12 inch python. Does that count?
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

It ain't measured like a cat's tail. You know, from the butthole out.
LisaMarie
AG
Yup
Duncan Idaho
bh93 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

It ain't measured like a cat's tail. You know, from the butthole out.

I was talking about circumference
ought1ag
Scoopen Skwert
AG
NoahAg
LisaMarie said:

Yup
Sweet!
Rick Dalton
AG
My older brother and his roommates had some kind of monkey when they were in school. It would get up on top of the refrigerator and throw **** at you when you walked by.
30wedge
Have had a pet coon and like someone else said, for a while they are a lot of fun, but as they get older they are not. Had a flying squirrel two different times when I was 7 to like 11 years old. My dad caught them out where he worked. He built a cage (it was about 4' by 6' and 7' tall) with tree limbs inside it, a box for it to hide in, and we kept the cage it in the den. Pretty cool little creatures.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
30wedge said:

Have had a pet coon

I'm sorry, sir, that is called slavery and decent white people have moved beyond it. You are an abomination
swc93
AG
Cousin in Conroe had an ocelot. At times it was just a big house cat; other times it was scary as hell, growling; food aggression, stalking you down in the night. Eventually they had to move it into an enclosure in their backyard. Rattlesnake ended up getting it one day and they had to put the cat down.
Shakes the Clown
LisaMarie said:

Do you like the band The Alarm?
BlueMiles
AG
NoahAg said:

LisaMarie said:

You're a full time snake caregiver?
Do you work at a zoo?

Username checks out.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
blazing7s94 said:

My older brother and his roommates had some kind of monkey when they were in school. It would get up on top of the refrigerator and throw **** at you when you walked by.

HollywoodBQ
AG
When I was a kid in Saudi Arabia, somebody about 3 blocks away, had a pet Baboon. Nobody knew about it until it got loose and ran through the neighbourhood for an afternoon. It was hilarious watching the Saudi police try to chase it.

I have a guitar player acquaintance in Redondo Beach who has a pet Tortoise. I thought it was a piece of furniture until it started moving. Shortly after that, this guy started banging rails of coke on the kitchen table in his apartment. That's when I decided it was time to bail out.

One funny story he did tell me was about him doing coke with Robin Williams at a Nancy Reagan - "Just Say No to Drugs" benefit concert circa 1986 or so.
Beer Baron
AG
This family in our middle of nowhere West Texas farm town had a weird little zoo at their house, as far as I can tell, exclusively used for field trips. They had a lion and a zebra, which was cool. Also a several farmers out there were going to get rich in the early 90's by breeding ostriches somehow, so we took plenty of field trips to look at those. It was fun when the market for ostrich (meat? feathers? not sure which part was valuable) went to **** because they just turned them loose and you'd randomly see one sprinting across the cotton fields.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.