Anybody else not that impressed by Citizen Kane?

3,364 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BleacherRat
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_EE said:

Rosebud...

Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

My favorite movie of all time is The Philadelphia Story though.
One of my daughters is quite the old time movie buff and several years ago I was shopping for a vintage, original movie poster for her as a graduation present. One of her favorite movies is The Philadelphia Story, so I started shopping for one of those. I was thinking... what a great idea I have

I got in touch with a business in NYC and inquired about that poster, and the very polite man I was talking to gently explained that what I was looking for was in the $50,000 range for "good" quality.

So, she got a smaller sized Audrey Hepburn movie original.
HarleySpoon
AG
superunknown said:

Ragoo said:

Gone With The Wind 2

I didn't know there was a sequel

I was blown away ....might be best in theatres though.
BostonAg74
Citizen Kane has not aged well because there is nothing special about those film techniques anymore, but for its time, it was a masterpiece.

My favorite movies are rarely "cinematic masterpieces". I like a good story. One of my favorite movies many years ago was "Bang the Drum Slowly". I saw it again recently and I was surprised at how cheap it looked, like it had been thrown together in a couple of weeks. Still one of my favorites, though.
IIIHorn
SawX - The Musical

The Planet Of The Apes Of Wrath
birdman
I still think it's a masterpiece.
Commander Gorn
AG
I loved it.
Hey Nav
AG

Quote:

One of my favorite movies many years ago was "Bang the Drum Slowly".
I know this movie. Very good. It's not quite "Brian's Song", but still very good. It has been decades but I'd like to watch it again.
Burdizzo
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

I know this movie. Very good. It's not quite "Brian's Song", but still very good. It has been decades but I'd like to watch it again.

I read the book a few years ago. Touching story. I would like to see a good remake of the movie.
BleacherRat
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

I named my son Brian for this movie as a tribute.
Gig 'em!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.