Are we still mad at the Dixie Chicks.

19,665 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTmAg
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still kinda dig their music. Flame away....

babyshark
wrong house. 4 doors up.
(removed:10EA24-2)
Hell yes we are still mad. I haven't listened to a single second of their music since day one of their huge mistake. And never will.
74OA
AG
Never badmouth family in front of strangers. Unforgivable pandering.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Meh. Who cares. Great song, well written.
Ag 11
AG
I'm a guy so I never listened to them in the first place
Fonzie Scheme
AG
The fat one, the cross-eyed one, and the normal looking one.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I thought they were ashamed to be Americans?

We're supposed to forgive that, just because they make music?
BaitShack
AG
No, they were ashamed that the President was from Texas if I recall correctly.
BaitShack
AG
Natalie Maines w long hair singing a patriotic song...

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Their 15 minutes were up 15 years ago.

The fact that no one clamored for their return when Obama came into office shows that their "popularity" from trashing their country was because liberals (who don't even listen to country music in the first place) were just using them for political reasons.
AGHouston11
AG
They went on a public news tour telling everyone that basically they used country music fans to gain money. They thought country music fans were trash people. So to me I think that's what caused more long lasting damage than the initial incident.

wildcat08
AG
"Alex, I will take 'People I haven't thought of in 15 years ' for a thousand, please."
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Joe Exotic
AG
This was back before trump when liberals were civil and respected republican presidents

Oh wait
Eliminatus
AG
AGHouston11 said:

They went on a public news tour telling everyone that basically they used country music fans to gain money. They thought country music fans were trash people. So to me I think that's what caused more long lasting damage than the initial incident.

Let's be honest here. Who here has NOT thought of being a country star just to make some cash?

The music is easy to ridiculously easy to play. I am a drummer and know a few chords on guitar. Native Texan and have a deep voice. I write fairly well and have a string of failed relationships, love animals, have the utmost respect for our Ag industry, service to country, accent that gets more profound on bourbon, and am not hideous to look at.

I could be making dozens of dollars!
The Fife
BaitShack said:

The video quality is really good for being made back in the '80s.
BostonAg74
People are free to boycott anyone they like, for any reason they want to. The thing that differentiated the Dixie Chicks situation was that it was clearly a well orchestrated campaign to destroy their careers, a reaction that was a little bit over the top as far I was concerned. I'm trying to think of a conservative entertainer that I might have boycotted in protest of something they said or did, but in all fairness, you can't really call it a boycott if they sucked so bad you never would have listened to them anyway. So I'm coming up empty on that comparison.

I never paid much attention to their music, except that they brought more attention to Patty Griffin by recording some of her songs, and that is a good thing.
Claude!
My indifference to them knows no bounds.
30wedge
BaitShack said:

Did she ever say which side the soldier was on?
Tree Hugger
AG
That's a Bruce Robison song, but it sounds better with a girl singing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
BostonAg74 said:

People are free to boycott anyone they like, for any reason they want to. The thing that differentiated the Dixie Chicks situation was that it was clearly a well orchestrated campaign to destroy their careers, a reaction that was a little bit over the top as far I was concerned.
Yeah, the Chicks were completely innocent and didn't do anything that warranted a backlash from their fans at all.....
....oh, wait. They did. And their fans abandoned them into the trash heap of washed-up losers where they belong.

Quote:

I'm trying to think of a conservative entertainer that I might have boycotted in protest of something they said or did
Well, maybe not entertainer, but the list of businesses and citizens that have had a "clearly well orchestrated campaign to destroy their careers" because of their conservative values is huge these last few years. Huge.

How many bakers, restaurants, MAGA-hat wearing teenagers and chicken sandwich franchises have had orchestrated smear campaigns perpetuated by leftist social media and their lapdog mainstream media outlets since Trump got elected?

I'll give you a hint: it's more than one group of trailer trash country singers.

So, yeah.....no one's buying this BS you're trying to sell that it's all just mean ol' conservatives trashing careers in this country and that liberals are free-thinking progressives.
Duncan Idaho
As it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever, world without end:
Snowflakes gonna snowflake.
Dad
AG
I think I'm finally ready to make nice since I forgot what it was that they did in the first place.
Philo B 93
There are too many other choices for mediocre to good female country songs. I'll give some of those my attention instead of these opinionated, entitled little brats.
zephyr88
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

The fat one, the cross-eyed one, and the normal looking one.
WB

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If you pay attention to, and really care what artists have to say about anything other than their particular skill, then you are as dumb as they are. Never was mad at them and I enjoy the slight bluegrass influence they bring into their music.
boy09
AG
I only care what Ja Rule thinks.

Charpie
AG
Its funny that the guy who benefited the most from this was a raging liberal himself
schwabbin
AG
Dixie Chicken > Dixie Chicks
MECH Abe
AG
Am I on AM radio?
goodAg80
AG
schwabbin said:

Dixie Chicken > Dixie Chicks
Ageism
goodAg80
AG
Ha ha ha.

Look what TexAgs suggest that I buy..

schwabbin
AG
TexAgs didn't suggest that. The devil did
ravingfans
AG
NOT READY TO MAKE NICE EITHER DIXIE CHUMPS!
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.