Color Blind Board

9,046 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hunterntexas
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I honestly don't understand why anyone that is the kind of colorblind that could benefit from these glasses hasn't gone out and bought a pair.

It isnt like the difference between the headphones that came with your phone and a pair of beats/bose/etc.

This is the difference between wearing earmuffs and hearing aids.
Geralt of Rivia
S
MooreTrucker
AG
I can read that one!
joemeister
AG
As a strong deutan, I relate to the frustration in this thread. Although, I can clearly read the message in the heart.
Geralt of Rivia
S
What are you talking about? There is no message in the heart
reveille23
I have taken that damn dot test at every job I've had over the last 25 years (it's required to be given in my profession, but you don't have to pass...stupid I know). The last job I had, I was the one the administered the dot test to new employees, very strange having someone take a test that you yourself can not pass.
Ragoo
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I can read that one!
same here
91_Aggie
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I honestly don't understand why anyone that is the kind of colorblind that could benefit from these glasses hasn't gone out and bought a pair.

It isnt like the difference between the headphones that came with your phone and a pair of beats/bose/etc.

They are expensive. I got the absolute cheapest pair $249 with $50 father's day code they had.

And they don't work for everyone and for every type of colorblindness.

And they are sunglasses, so using them inside is kind of strange (however watching TV inside works with them. Was watching the Goldbergs with all their 80's colors and man I thought those colors were loud and distracting before the sunglasses, they actually make noise with the glasses on.

I always knew the term about "that jacket is so loud" in terms of an explosion of color, and I thought I was experiencing it... but man, being able to see red as Vibrant color is amazing.

This company doesn't advertise where many people will see it.

and I honestly think there are lots of men who don't really know they are colorblind.

For the longest time, I thought I had a learning disability with being able to remember my colors... "I just can't remember what light green is supposed to look like when I'd mix it up with a yellow"

We can see colors... just missing lots of shades.

One thing I could always do was if you had to similar colors, say blue and purple, and you told one of these is purple and one is blue, then I could tell you which was which 100% of the time.

But if you showed me only a blue or purple colored item and asked "What color is this?" I probably would guess wrong (or blue probably). Especially if you didn't tell me "This is either blue or purple, what color is it?"

91_Aggie
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

unless there's another secret message, this one is not color blind proof.
chimpanzee
91_Aggie said:

One thing I could always do was if you had to similar colors, say blue and purple, and you told one of these is purple and one is blue, then I could tell you which was which 100% of the time.

But if you showed me only a blue or purple colored item and asked "What color is this?" I probably would guess wrong (or blue probably). Especially if you didn't tell me "This is either blue or purple, what color is it?"

If you replace the concepts of colors with tastes, that sounds like the guy that designs flavors for LaCroix.
PoohAh97
AG
Ragoo, I can't believe you've never seen how colorful Nesws Brsaunsfel are. It's like Teutonic Miami.
Liquid Wrench
joemeister said:

I can clearly read the message in the heart.
Have you considered writing poetry or songs?
Ragoo
AG
PoohAh97 said:

Ragoo, I can't believe you've never seen how colorful Nesws Brsaunsfel are. It's like Teutonic Miami.
i can see colors just fine
PoohAh97
AG
Ragoo said:

PoohAh97 said:

i can see colors just fine
Well, I'm not scrolling up to see where my logic went wrong. Sorry!
91_Aggie
AG
Oooooh... college football is going to be much more exciting to watch.
I went and looked "red" teams that I normally thought were almost brown... I could see hints of red, but it looked so dark.

Freakin' Bama has a damned pretty shade of red for their colors. It's actually a bright red and not poop brown.

Same with OU's colors.

Texas still looks like baby poop orange though.

Where that red-turf field... Geez! that's blinding to look at.

And Of course the techtards bright, bright red is the perfect classless clown color for them.
TxSquarebody
This thread really came out of the yellow.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
91_Aggie said:

Oooooh... college football is going to be much more exciting to watch.
I went and looked "red" teams that I normally thought were almost brown... I could see hints of red, but it looked so dark.

Freakin' Bama has a damned pretty shade of red for their colors. It's actually a bright red and not poop brown.

Same with OU's colors.

Texas still looks like baby poop orange though.

Where that red-turf field... Geez! that's blinding to look at.

And Of course the techtards bright, bright red is the perfect classless clown color for them.

Nebraska's unis are gonna blow your mind.
91_Aggie
AG
Nebraska is definitely a brighter red now, but Bama was eye-opening. Seriously, i just thought their uniforms were almost brown.

Oh, I need dig a hole in my backyard and see what red clay really looks like.
MooreTrucker
AG
That blue/purple thing explains me exactly.
rwtxag83
combat wombat™
AG
So is it Idaho who has the blue turf? Is that a problem for you? Watching someone with red uniforms on that might make your head explode, if so.
JMac03
AG
I never knew this about you. I am glad your wife got you the glasses, sounds pretty cool.
Ag 11
AG
Boise State has the smurf turf
Ciboag96
AgShaun00 said:

brs4688 said:

I can no longer drive a school bus ( used to coach) bc of stupid color blindness tests for CDL License. I understand why you need to be able to see dots in a circle on a page to safely drive a bus.... I mean otherwise you might just drive off a cliff or run through a stop light
at night, i have a hard time telling the color of a blinking yellow/red/green light. Certain times it is a struggle for me if I can't see the position of the light to know the color. Damn it, the color doesn't help me

Man, you've got to do this. Start a GoFundMe and we'll pitch some money in. I'm sure others will as well. Only if you promise to record your reaction while at Kyle Field or on campus somewhere and post it so we all can see.
goodAg80
AG
This is supposed to be only readable by colorblind people.

Duncan Idaho
Again, I honestly don't understand how poor or miserly one would have to be to even ask this question.

The potential to effectively get a birth defect mitigated for the price of a nice dinner....

AgShaun00
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Again, I honestly don't understand how poor or miserly one would have to be to even ask this question.

The potential to effectively get a birth defect mitigated for the price of a nice dinner....

All I know is the color I see. Fair question. It isn't the cost that bothers me, but does it bring the value?

I am very interested in getting. Probably a little scared to see what I am missing.
91_Aggie
AG
goodAg80 said:

This is supposed to be only readable by colorblind people.

I see the word very obviously. My wife and the one daughter in the room right now can not see it
91_Aggie
AG
Fyi. These glasses do not help at all with red and yellow traffic lights. They look the same with and without the glasses unfortunately.

I mean that red and yellow lights look different to me when side by side. But the red light looks the same with and without glasses. Same with yellow
AgShaun00
AG
91_Aggie said:

Fyi. These glasses do not help at all with red and yellow traffic lights. They look the same with and without the glasses unfortunately.

I mean that red and yellow lights look different to me when side by side. But the red light looks the same with and without glasses. Same with yellow
Good info. Problem for me
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Well that explains the 23 car pile up at the intersection of W 7th and Kentucky Ave. this morning.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

DevilD77 said:

hunterntexas said:

Ragoo said:

Grits said:

i see the green and reds but cannot make out the words or letters if there even are any. That may be the joke. If so, die.
I tried editing with different filters. There are three lines of words. The last line is COLORBLIND and the second line ends with THE. Other than that, I can't read it.
It says "WE MUST RISE AGAINST THE COLOR BLIND!"

damn, Texas A&M
The amount of color blind in this thread explains why so many Aggies think maroon is such an awesome color.....

More to the point it probably explains why we had so many variations of purple during the Nike years
91_Aggie
AG
blindey said:

Well that explains the 23 car pile up at the intersection of W 7th and Kentucky Ave. this morning.

Fyi. I have never had any issues with not knowing whether a traffic light is red or green when it is a configuration of red, yellow, green.

The only lights i have to take extra precaution on are the single flashing lights in small towns. I am never sure if it is yellow or red, so i check for stop signs that are always there if it is actually a red flashing light.

You learn quickly the position of the red light (top or far left) in normal configurations

AgShaun00
AG
91_Aggie said:

blindey said:

Fyi. I have never had any issues with not knowing whether a traffic light is red or green when it is a configuration of red, yellow, green.

The only lights i have to take extra precaution on are the single flashing lights in small towns. I am never sure if it is yellow or red, so i check for stop signs that are always there if it is actually a red flashing light.

You learn quickly the position of the red light (top or far left) in normal configurations

I am glad I am not the only. I try to explain to people and they don't get it.
UnderoosAg
AG
91_Aggie said:

Duncan Idaho said:

They are expensive. I got the absolute cheapest pair $249 with $50 father's day code they had.

And they don't work for everyone and for every type of colorblindness.

And they are sunglasses, so using them inside is kind of strange (however watching TV inside works with them. Was watching the Goldbergs with all their 80's colors and man I thought those colors were loud and distracting before the sunglasses, they actually make noise with the glasses on.

I always knew the term about "that jacket is so loud" in terms of an explosion of color, and I thought I was experiencing it... but man, being able to see red as Vibrant color is amazing.

This company doesn't advertise where many people will see it.

and I honestly think there are lots of men who don't really know they are colorblind.

For the longest time, I thought I had a learning disability with being able to remember my colors... "I just can't remember what light green is supposed to look like when I'd mix it up with a yellow"

We can see colors... just missing lots of shades.

Color brochures?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.