Tell your stories of problem/jerk coworkers that got their comeuppance.

4,880 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stringfellow Hawke
Gomer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently had one of those eye rolling moments at work when someone in a completely separate area/department tried to overstep their bounds when their job has nothing to do with what I'm doing but they want to stick their nose in where they shouldn't basically. I've worked 26 years doing the same thing and have only had to deal with idiocy like this a few times thankfully and usually it gets taken care of quickly but it's always frustrating if the higher ups of the funky coworker won't quite address the situation quickly enough.

So to make me feel better, I wanted to ask Texags to share stories of any jerk or seriously inept coworkers that got their just desserts. I don't mean something crazy serious like they had workplace violence issues, but stories of "those people" that we have all had to deal with at one time or another in our workplace that make the workday more difficult for dumb reasons when it really doesn't have to be. They could be a jerk, inept, or like Lumbergh in Office Space. Hopefully we'll get some good stuff because I KNOW we have all had to deal with folks like that.
histag10
AG
some people come into my office and walk behind my desk to talk to me. Its really annoying. I even have a place for people to sit when they come in, but no... they walk behind my desk and get all up in my business...
IrishTxAggie
AG
I worked for a company that was based in the UK a couple years ago. A bunch of them were in the US for a conference and we all went out to supper. One of the cheeky lil' *******s decided to get cute and bring up US politics. He started railing about how the Americans were stupid for electing Donald Trump. Naturally me and my loud mouth got into it with him and it got a little heated for a bit. Finally a colleague stepped in and diffused the situation. He filed a complaint with HR for harassment and he actually said in the complaint that because I was an American that supported Trump, I was a bigot and a homophobe. It just so happened the guy was gay too. HR told me to ignore him and not to interact with him since we were in separate divisions. I told HR to keep him the hell out of the US then.....jump three months from his HR complaint. I find out from one of the Brits I actually like that he was being audited/investigated by the company for 'discrepancies' in his expense reports. Turns out he was over billing charges on his expense reports. He was arrested and charged with embezzlement and gov't bribery/corruption. Had to pay something like $50K restitution. Can't find a job in industry and last I heard he was cold call selling random crap.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

cold call selling random crap.
Double-glazed windows?

ought1ag
AG
Had a area manger that harassed me all the time and wouldnt hesitate to throw me under the bus to all the VPs......even though the email trails/back up proved me correct and him in the wrong every time. Well I was about to my breaking point and addressed it with my manager which got me no help so I decided one weekend that on Monday I would take it up to HR. When I got to work there was lots of whispering going on and all the managers were having closed door meetings..........come to find out he got plastered at a work event and grabbed one of the secretaries fupa. Problem fixed itself!!

Shoefly!
AG
Thanks Ought1, I learned another new word on TexAgs. Ahaha!
Potcake
AG
Shoefly! said:

Thanks Ought1, I learned another new word on TexAgs. Ahaha!

Careful, FUPA may not mean what you think it does.
80s Guy
Had a new manager take over the division I was in. We never saw eye to eye because he micro-managed from a distance and never actually new what he was talking about. Fast forward a few months later and I get laid off. I filed for unemployment and collected two checks before a new gig started. He tried to fight the unemployment saying it was for cause and poor performance and it went to a phone hearing. After about 5 minutes, I asked to see the documentation the company required to terminate someone with cause as outlined on page 19 of the employee handbook. He stammers and said, "Well, there isn't any." My reply was "So you directly violated your company policy and are fighting a theee week unemployment claim?" Before he could answer, The arbitrator said, "Hearings over, the dispute is dismissed."

Two months later, I get a call from the previous company apologizing for what happened and offering me his job. Seems he had been fired for several similar disputed claims as well as falsifying travel expenditures (where he said he was and receipts didn't match up.) I declined the position and asked them to never call me again.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I just opened the thread to see if any of these stories seemed like they are about me. I'm clean so far.
rlb28
AG
Jerky woman...

Retired and was staying for 1.5 months to train her successor. Got fed up with management and walked out one day about 3 weeks before official retire date. She got her check paycheck in the mail and $1,000 "retirement" bonus. Our boss was going to give her $10,000, but she walked out like an a**
riverrataggie
AG
Experience with people not doing their job and then being surprised when called out for not doing their job.

Incompetence is the worse.
Athanasius
AG
riverrataggie said:

Incompetence is the worse.

Ragoo
AG
I worked with a guy who thought he he was really cool and suave. He sucked at his job and only wanted to hangout and chat about fantasy football.

His brother convinced him to pay for bolt-onsfornhis new bride. Bolt-ons added, bride divorced brother.

He met a bartender at the hot dog shop in Houston. She convinces him to buy a house so they can move in with her 3 kids from 3 different dudes. She gets cancer. They get married. His insurance pays for cancer. She is in remission and no longer needs him so they divorce. He moves into apartment and kills an 18 pack a night.

Boss finally has the stones to fire his ass.

No idea what he is doing today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
The American Dream!
Grimey
I heard this story once of a self-described badass who dug up emails from several years back to personally prove a female coworker wrong. Then, he went on his favorite message board and started a thread bragging about it. Unfortunately for him, everyone else on the board was quick to point out what a lame ass he was and mocked him in several different ways.
Win At Life
AG
HD a CEO who lied about the health of the company and told everyone to buy company stock while he was paying himself hundreds of millions while dumping the company stock. Jeff Skilling just got out of jail for that.
Celee04
AG
Here.
swampy
In the 80's before AIDS scare, jerk ex Baylor coworker brings stripper girlfriend to audit job in Minden, Louisiana. She gets drunk by motel pool, and 2 other co-workers end up training her in HIS motel.room
CrottyKid
AG
I can't talk about it until 2022.
Aggie12B
AG
On my third deployment to iraq, I was on the Brigade Staff serving as the ABE NCOIC (Assistant Brigade Engineer Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge for those of you who are NOT familiar with Army acronyms) One of the Brigade Battle Captains, who I will call CPT Foodstealer, had a very bad habit of swiping other people's food and food supplies, without asking, from the fridge that was in the Brigade TOC (Tactical Operations Center). I received a care package from my mom that included a mason jar full of homemade salsa. When I opened the jar of salsa, I hurt a pop and a hissing sound and smoke lifted up in the air from the salsa. Hearing the hissing sound and seeing the smoke made me pretty certain that the salsa had not survived it's transit from central Texas to Baghdad. that is when I came up with the idea of how we could break CPT Foodstealer of his food swiping habit. I poured out about a third of the salsa, stirred it up real good, and then put it in the Brigade fridge. A couple of days later, my plan came to fruition as CPT Foodstealer decided to swipe the jar of homemade salsa without bothering to ask who it belonged to and took it to his desk in the office directly across the hall from the ABE shop. As the ABE OIC, the Brigade's Terrain team (the guys who made and printed all the maps for the Brigade), and I watched him, CPT Foodstealer eats ALL the salsa. As he is eating his chips and salsa, we could hear him telling the other Battle Captain that he shared his office with that he had gotten lucky and found an open jar of homemade salsa that had been in the fridge for a couple of days and it didn't have a name on it (not that a name would have stopped him from swiping the salsa), and it was Really good salsa. After about 45 minutes after he finished eating the salsa, he jumped up from his desk and LITERALLY RAN OUT of the TOC holding his stomach. As he was running out the TOC, we could hear his stomach gurgling. I'm not sure if he made it to the porta-sh**ter or not, but he didn't return to his desk in his office for about 4 hours. When he Finally did return to his desk, he was pale, covered in sweat, holding his stomach, and looked really weak. He then told the other Battle CPT "I think I must have eaten some bad salsa or something." The other Battle CPT just laughed at him and said "serves you right for eating somebody else's food." Most of the Brigade staff got a good laugh out of this. I know it was pretty sh**y of me to put the salsa in the fridge, knowing it had spoiled before it got to me in Baghdad and I (almost) felt sorry for CPT Foodstealer for suffering the way he did (that lasted about 5 minutes). On the bright side, CPT Foodstealer probably lost about 15-20 pounds of excess weight that he was carrying, and it DID CURE HIM of his habit of stealing other people's food out of the fridge.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
I worked for a CFO once that used to constantly throw me under the bus and tell the CEO and the rest of management I was failing at things that were his responsibility or things he had just forgotten to do. From my understanding that had been his method of advancement in his career.

Anyway, now he is in jail in Idaho for Grand Theft and Forgery.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My boss is currently on administrative leave.
Gomer95
AG
Thanks for all the replies. Y'all did make me feel better because all of your stories are way worse than my stuff lol.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Surprised that you did not get an article 15 for that. Times have changed.
Aggie12B
AG
brs4688 said:

Surprised that you did not get an article 15 for that. Times have changed.
The ONLY other person who knew I was the person who put the salsa in the fridge in the Brigade TOC was the Terrain Team NCOIC who worked in my shop and he sure as hell wasn't going to tell anyone.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I was just envisioning a Captain Sobel type of person that would engage in petty behavior like that. Glad nothing happened.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.