What are your 3 top sports moments you've witnessed?

9,727 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Celee04
youandwhosearmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I flew into Houston for this game the morning of, and then straight to the airport after the game for a 5 am flight.

Seeing all the dejected Dodger fans sleeping in the airport elevated the game experience even more.
jetch17
AG
G.I.Bro said:

I was at game 5 of the Astros' world series, everything else pales in comparison

Except for being at game 7. The looks in LAX the morning after while boarding a flight with bagwell were killer, too
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Shame you just boarded the flight with him instead of partying all night with him and showing up at the airport for that flight too
Alte Schule
Saw personally:

1. My son was a starting lineman when A&M Consolidated won the 1991 4A State Championship against Carthage 35-16.
2. Thanksgiving 1974 with the Cowboys down 16 -3 in the third quarter against the Redskins Clint Longley replaced the injured Roger Staubach and hit Drew Pearson with a hail mary as time ran out for the 24-23
win.
3. My first pro game of any type.1963 Yankees at Detroit, Tiger Stadium. M. Mantle cranks one that lands two rows in front of me.

On television: To many to count.
HollywoodBQ
AG
jetch17 said:

G.I.Bro said:

I was at game 5 of the Astros' world series, everything else pales in comparison
Except for being at game 7. The looks in LAX the morning after while boarding a flight with bagwell were killer, too
I took S from all the Dodger fans the next day after Game 6.

The craziest one was picking up my dry cleaning at Milt & Edie's in Burbank and some 50+ y/o lady saw me wearing my Astros gear and got in my face and called me "Loooo-zer".

I watched Game 7 on TV in the Qantas Business Lounge at LAX. The Astros finished winning the World Series just before I boarded my 15 hour flight to Australia. That made me very happy.
GrapevineAg
AG
1) USA hockey over USSR in the 1980 medal round in Lake Placid
2) Cowboys over 49ers in 1992/3 NFC Championship game in SF
3) Stars win the cup in triple overtime in Buffalo in 1999
jetch17
AG
blindey said:

Shame you just boarded the flight with him instead of partying all night with him and showing up at the airport for that flight too

We partied all night (separately), this was after 3 doubles at 10am

gigemags-99
AG
1. 2002 ou

2.2012 bama

3. 1999 bonfire game

Homorable mention for pure hilarity:

MooreTrucker
AG
Bama
Cotton Bowl - JFF over OU
Tech's wins to advance to Final Four and then the Championship game (yeah yeah, I know. Shut up.)
JABQ04
AG
In person
-2002 OU game
- 2003 OU game because that was a beat down of epic proportions
- ALCS game 2 2017

TV
Bama game 2012
WS Game 5 2017
Pats v ATL SuperBowl
Wes97
AG
In person:

1. JFF & Ags @ Bama.
2. 98 big turd championship win against K State.
3. Could be a lot of different Aggie football games. Maybe last year against LSU. Or Aggie Kyle Simonds no hitter against Vandy in baseball a couple of years back.
TxSquarebody
Was at the old Melon Arena for Mario Lemieux's 5 goals 5 ways. Greatest moment ever!!
Uncle Howdy
S
That's not impressive. I scored 5 touchdowns in 5 different ways back in a HS game
Bulldog73
AG
All in person:

The shot -rushing the court and the subsequent "going in dancing" chants.
Throttling OU in Cotton Bowl
The last game in Mile High Stadium. My only NFL game to attend, but the atmosphere for the game was every bit as electric as the average game in Kyle, and since it was the end, seeing all the fans stealing everything in the stadium including pieces of the bleachers.
ag03kc
AG
A&M football specific...

1. 98 Big XII championship game..."He got a touchdown"
2. Johnny Football and Aggies beat Bama
3. 2010 TAMU vs Nebraska
reemus
many of the moments
Positraction
AG
1. Miracle on Ice
2. Bama '12
3. Jack at the Masters '86
4. Secretariat at the Belmont
5. Ball rolling through Buckman's legs '86 (money on Mets in Series, broke our ceiling fan)
6. NC State over Phi Slama Jama (Had NCSt and points for more than I could afford)

LeonardSkinner
In person: the TaxSlayer Bowl. Trayveon running wild and the 12th Man scoring his touchdown.

On TV: Landon Donovan scoring for the USA vs Algeria in extra time in the 2010 World Cup.
Jhar54
In person:

1. Cowboys win Super Bowl over Buffalo in Pasadana
2. Johnny kicks ou's ass in Jerry World
3. Ags/Woodard beat LSU in tiger stadium

TV

1. Dallas Mavericks win Championship over Miami
2. Johnny beats Bama
3. Ags win Big 12 championship over k-State
BSD
AG
In person:

1. 1999 Bonfire game
2. Mavs winning 2011 championship in Miami.
3. Argentina getting upset by Bulgaria in the 1994 World Cup. It wasn't the game so much as it was the atmosphere. Definitely a top sports moment to witness (as was watching FC Barcelona at Camp Nou)

Honorable mentions: I've been fortunate to see 4 other NBA title games, several Final Fours, and 2 World Series champions crowned. All were cool, even if I didn't want the champion to have won. Oh, and Dirk's last home game was a lot of fun.

NoahAg
BSD said:

In person:

1. 1999 Bonfire game
2. Mavs winning 2011 championship in Miami.
3. Argentina getting upset by Bulgaria in the 1994 World Cup. It wasn't the game so much as it was the atmosphere. Definitely a top sports moment to witness (as was watching FC Barcelona at Camp Nou)

I was there too. Was looking forward to seeing Maradona, but no, dude had to fail a drug test the day before.
aggieforester05
AG
1. A&M beating Alabama
2. Cowboys winning three superbowls when I was a child
3. Longview Lobos winning the 6A state Championship this year (I was at the game)
Racer X
AG
1. '98 BDF Championship
2. Ags win at Alabama
3. This:

4+
A&M/LSU 7OT
Whitney Houston singing the Natl Anthem (I don't care if it was lip-sync or not)
Miracle on Ice (I was too young to truly respect the moment, but my folks were going nuts)
Toombs vs Nebraska
The Bonfire Game
Tiger's first Masters
Anytime Tony Franklin took the field

w8liftr
In person
1. The Hit
2. '92 SL Carroll vs Vernon playoff game- "game of the century"
3. (tie) PESH vs John Tyler epic comeback(s) playoff game
3. (tie) '98 Nebraska game or big 12 championship game vs K-state

I've been told I don't follow directions well.
PA24
AG
1.) Bonfire Game

2.) 1974 Cowboy- Redskin (Clint Longley show)
3.) 2012 JFF beating Bama
BwdAg
AG
In person

Nolan Ryan's 7th no hitter.
Beating sips 42-10 to go to first Cotton Bowl since 1967.
Going to the horse races in Juarez when I was 12 and betting my entire $10 bankroll on a 20:1 to win, and the nag won.
Celee04
AG
1) Kerri strug one foot landing for team Olympic gold (she was always in the shadow of Kim zimescal and Shannon Miller. Awesome to see her get some recognition at a time where the team needed her)
2) being at the 99 A&M UT game
3) watching Michael Phelps, missy franklin, and Katy ledecky dominations at the olympics

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.